Very funny Arenanet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"corwinhunt.3415" said:It was funny for about the first 5 seconds. Now it's just making annoying noises while I play. I may have to boycott the site until its gone!

Oh dear! If our current version of the "Continuously Learning Integrated Platform Processing Yielder" is not functioning properly on your end, please use the "Disable C.L.I.P.P.Y." at the bottom of any wiki page. If you happen to be multi-lingual, I should warn you of the recent cooo which occurred on our French wiki :anguished: .

@corwinhunt.3415 said:It was funny for about the first 5 seconds. Now it's just making annoying noises while I play. I may have to boycott the site until its gone!

I blocked the wiki after I figured out where the noise comes from. Not a really good April's fool in my opinion, but no damage being done either.

edit: So I found it weird that the wiki admin who added clippy thought it's fitting April's Fool Day and tried to figure out why. Turns out it's a cultural difference! In Germany, you don't prank people on April's Fool Day, you tell fake stories and hoaxes and try to mislead someone into believing something that's not true. In the US, pranks are part of April's Fool Day, so Clippy on the wiki totally works there. The more you know...

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@ratche.6204 said:Funny, but I miss the old april fools day jokes we used to get.

The wiki (not actually run
by
ANet) has always run its own April Fools jokes separately from the game.For the game, remember that ANet offices hasn't opened for the day yet.

True, and I doubt they will open today anyway but they haven't really done anything for april fools for a few years.

@ratche.6204 said:

@ratche.6204 said:Funny, but I miss the old april fools day jokes we used to get.

by
ANet) has always run its own April Fools jokes separately from the game.For the game, remember that ANet offices hasn't opened for the day yet.

True, and I doubt they will open today anyway but they haven't really done anything for april fools for a few years.

True, forgot about the day of the week for a bit there :tongue:My favorite have always been the spoof patchnotes, I hope they might still do those!

The first April Fools in GW1 in 07 we logged in to find our gender had changed in towns (my ranger turned into an ugly bald male)......the 2nd year we we're all stick figures which drove everyone nuts in pvp.......Kind of hard to top those 2. Well done on Clippy Anet, glad to see the humor pushes on!!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

by

True, forgot about the day of the week for a bit there :tongue:My favorite have always been the spoof patchnotes, I hope they might still do those!

Well, that and it's a holiday here today - Easter

@Tasida.4085 said:The first April Fools in GW1 in 07 we logged in to find our gender had changed in towns (my ranger turned into an ugly bald male)......the 2nd year we we're all stick figures which drove everyone nuts in pvp.......Kind of hard to top those 2. Well done on Clippy Anet, glad to see the humor pushes on!!

I liked the one where the minis were huge and we were miniature.

@Headcase.4618 said:I thought I had been hacked when I heard weird noises while I was playing SAB, turns out it was just Clippy on the wiki page I left open

Yeah, I was in the middle of W2Z3 Trib when I started hearing the noises and I was like...did the sounds get corrupted or perhaps there's some kind of video playing on another tab I'm not aware of?

I check the wiki for something and I see him there. Well played, Anet. Well played.

@Kanok.3027 said:

@"Headcase.4618" said:I thought I had been hacked when I heard weird noises while I was playing SAB, turns out it was just Clippy on the wiki page I left open

Yeah, I was in the middle of W2Z3 Trib when I started hearing the noises and I was like...did the sounds get corrupted or perhaps there's some kind of video playing on another tab I'm not aware of?

I check the wiki for something and I see him there. Well played, Anet. Well played.

It is cute.

As for who added it, at the top of the page it says...

Welcome to the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki, the comprehensive reference written and maintained by the players.

Greener.6204 who is one of the bureaucrats is a regular poster on this forum. Admin clipboard

Archived