PvP Special Tournaments

@"Yannir.4132" said:How long is "longer than expected"? Are we talking about like 2 months, 6 months, or even a year? Because my answer would vary based on the timeframe. If it's more like 2 months, I would want to wait, if closer to or over 6 months I'd say let's get this ball rolling, and have a test run to see how it feels.

An answer to this will be very useful so we can give you an opinion.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:My main concern is that the swiss format provides a much better player experience. If you lose, you're not immediately booted from the tournament. Without swiss, people could be waiting hours to join a 2v2 tournament just to get knocked out within 5 minutes.

I think that many players would be pleased to try it out even with those problems ( and before of their partecipation, you could be able to gather data since now ).So, what about enabling the new game mode since now but also put a "disclaimer" in the dedicated menù?

What i mean is:

This is a new game mode and because it's still on alpha/beta there could be hours of waiting, bugs, and so on.Try it if you want knowing that everyting from long queues to unexpected events could happenWe woul also appreciate feedbacks about the game mode ( and also any report which could concern bugs or malfunctions

How about anything like this?

Dunno, not the first time ppl vote for something to come sooner and not perfect and then cry a river about its not being perfect, losing the hype and even don't come back when the problems are solved. If the waiting duration isn't excessive long i would wait, but your marketing team should maybe tell you something about if its better to release an unfinished product or wait longer and do it well. There are also psychological studies out, check some professional journals and study-papers for economics. Don't you have experience with a too early base game release already? I still have ppl in fl never came back to the game even with x-pac releases after they left the base game 5 months after release because of not enough endgame content...

I say implement the tournaments as is, and add Swiss later. Giving the community something else would be very good even if it's unfinished.

On a side note, my concerns with the 2v2 and 3v3 tournys (More so 2v2), would there be some system to help end games if fights become stalemate. I picture something like a Deadeye camping stealth for unhealthy amounts of time or a fight coming down to 2 support classes, there needs to be a way to help end it.

And example would be WoW arena's dampening mechanic... Obviously that wouldn't directly translate but hopefully you get what I'm aiming at.

@"Radicalz.3781" said:I say implement the tournaments as is, and add Swiss later. Giving the community something else would be very good even if it's unfinished.

On a side note, my concerns with the 2v2 and 3v3 tournys (More so 2v2), would there be some system to help end games if fights become stalemate. I picture something like a Deadeye camping stealth for unhealthy amounts of time or a fight coming down to 2 support classes, there needs to be a way to help end it.

And example would be WoW arena's dampening mechanic... Obviously that wouldn't directly translate but hopefully you get what I'm aiming at.

Right now the Hall of the Mist have a mechanic to prevent stalemate. Courtyard need overtime mechanic like that tho.

When having 2:2 Q we need mode diversity and 2:2 and 4:4 maps. Tournamnets are like a topping for PvP players that can schedule playtime (which most GW2 players can´t do reliable). They want to jump in (preferable with a friend or two but also solo) when they have time. So we need ranked game modes that support this.

Probably a bit late to the party to be helpful but my mentality is;' Put it out when it's ready. If it's good people, will forget about the wait. If it's rushed and bad, doesn't matter how many improvements you make you may never get a good chunk of the player base to try it a second time months down the road to realize it's 'good' now.'

I use that mainly when looking at games to get but works for big system changes/additions too. I think it applies here.

Bring whatever you can to the game mode ASAP. My team mates and I need a competitive game mode. Unranked and very limited ATs are nowhere near enough to sustain us, especially with the awful state of ranked PvP this season we simply have nowhere to play and have even had to resort to organizing GvG skrims.

Archived