Looking for Reaper feedback for fun build :)

Omnicron.2467

I made a Necro a week ago, just trying out some stuff in open words and personal story etc for fun. I am currently using this build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kZTolGsdTwbTg9GskLYxTxs4YU6GkDqBQBgGwKA-jhRBABmpEkS1fwT3wV7PK/e4iAAwTAAA-e

I was sad to let go of Soul Reaping traits but Spite seems too good to sacrifice, and the Minion madess is too much fun ^_^

Anything I am missing to make the build stronger?

I would personally goDeath magic 1-1-3Blood magic 1-3-3Reaper 2-1-3Then blood fiend, bone minions, shade, Rise! And flesh golem.Pure fun in PvE decent in PvP :)

This grants you a lot of passive healing, some decent defence, active healing for you and your minions in reaper shroud (3k+ in berserker) and good CC for bar-breaking.

Vampiric Presence is better than it seems and scale a bit from power (like 0.03333 or something) but is also granted to ALL your minions.Also good at ressing teammates since it teleports them to you, healing them, and when you res you put down another aoe heal. (Wrong wrong wrong!! I was confused, it is the “free” master trait from blood called Vampiric, that grants you and your minion life siphon, with my gear a flat 100 per hit)

Even with the 5 man cap, I feel like you and your minions count as one (might be wrong).

I guess this is not top dmg, but it survive damn well as long as you manage your CD out of shroud, use you shout when needed, time your minion abilities (shades ability is so great) and remember “position, position, position”:)

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:I would personally goDeath magic 1-1-3Blood magic 1-3-3Reaper 2-1-3Then blood fiend, bone minions, shade, Rise! And flesh golem.Pure fun in PvE decent in PvP :)

This grants you a lot of passive healing, some decent defence, active healing for you and your minions in reaper shroud (3k+ in berserker) and good CC for bar-breaking.

Vampiric Presence is better than it seems and scale a bit from power (like 0.03333 or something) but is also granted to ALL your minions.Also good at ressing teammates since it teleports them to you, healing them, and when you res you put down another aoe heal.

Even with the 5 man cap, I feel like you and your minions count as one (might be wrong).

I guess this is not top dmg, but it survive kitten well as long as you manage your CD out of shroud, use you shout when needed, time your minion abilities (shades ability is so great) and remember “position, position, position”:)

Here's the thing, if Blood Magic can be traited to run protection wouldn't it seem like an either or type situation, like say only take Blood/Spite/Reaper while well bombing, while offering up some group support, or replace Blood with Death Magic and get tanky with your own personal army but no support?

I screw around with a lot of variations because Reaper is really the only thing I play and I've found you really don't get the full benefit of Blood if you're running a Minion Master build as well, since wells are pretty important, I suppose you could run Blood Minion, two Wells, Rise, and Flesh Golem but I kind if like having Signet of Spite slotted as a stat stick passive for Power.

I'm not judging I'm just spit balling with a fellow Reaper enthusiast and our fellow friends in this thread.

PS Happy Late Easter, we have Risen him?

But wells take up minion space?And I use my Soul Spiral to heal them :)They only goes down in sPvP when focused, and who focus minions anyway :b

Also my build isBlood magicDeath magicReaper

Also I was wrong, Vamparic Prensence does not affect your minions... but the “vampiric” master trait does. My bad :)

I do not take anything supporting well from blood magic though:)

Or is that what I am doing wrong?

Well happy late easter to you aswell :)

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:But wells take up minion space?And I use my Soul Spiral to heal them :)They only goes down in sPvP when focused, and who focus minions anyway :b

Also my build isBlood magicDeath magicReaper

Also I was wrong, Vamparic Prensence does not affect your minions... but the “vampiric” master trait does. My bad :)

I do not take anything supporting well from blood magic though:)

Or is that what I am doing wrong?

Well happy late easter to you aswell :)

There is more than one way to play Blood I suppose, either way you get Vamp Pressence.

Hehe was nice to see the different appraoches people have to reaper, some more supportive options. Still quite happy with my choices this far though :)

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:I would personally goDeath magic 1-1-3Blood magic 1-3-3Reaper 2-1-3Then blood fiend, bone minions, shade, Rise! And flesh golem.Pure fun in PvE decent in PvP :)

Vampiric Presence is better than it seems and scale a bit from power (like 0.03333 or something) but is also granted to ALL your minions.Also good at ressing teammates since it teleports them to you, healing them, and when you res you put down another aoe heal. (Wrong wrong wrong!! I was confused, it is the “free” master trait from blood called Vampiric, that grants you and your minion life siphon, with my gear a flat 100 per hit)

I guess this is not top dmg, but it survive kitten well as long as you manage your CD out of shroud, use you shout when needed, time your minion abilities (shades ability is so great) and remember “position, position, position”:)

Why don't you use Death Nova Trait with Death Magic trait?

I see the appeal of Blood magic, but not convinced I need the siphon, pretty tanky already, I found I could solo all the HPs in Verdant Brink and Auric Basin (except Balth).

Still enjoy Spite for the massive damage and might boosts! When hey fall below 50% hp they melt!

If I could I would also take Soul Reaping 1-2-2 for bonus crit and skill cooldowns :)

My minions rarely die due to the blood magic trait, which makes Death Nova pretty useless :)So I just took unholy sacturary for some health reg. Since you otherwise do not heal in shroud :)

One could go the dmg route, but remember siphon is not just health, it is also dmg, minimal dmg, but in group with a lot of minions it really stacks up.

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:My minions rarely die due to the blood magic trait, which makes Death Nova pretty useless :)So I just took unholy sacturary for some health reg. Since you otherwise do not heal in shroud :)

One could go the dmg route, but remember siphon is not just health, it is also dmg, minimal dmg, but in group with a lot of minions it really stacks up.

Which Blood trait?

I also prefer a build with minions from Death Nova and Rise only. Also underwater and it works great. Against harder mobs I just pick Unholy Sanctuary instead of Death Nova.DM 2, 1, 1/3BM 3, 3, 1Reaper 1, 1, 2Well of Blood, Rise, Well of Suffering, Well of Darkness (I swap it situationally for one of the other wells), Chilled to the BoneGS+Staff

It's pretty supportive, dmg-avoiding, durable and dmg is very good.Downside: Running speed is slow without proper set of runes.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:My minions rarely die due to the blood magic trait, which makes Death Nova pretty useless :)So I just took unholy sacturary for some health reg. Since you otherwise do not heal in shroud :)

Which Blood trait?

Vampiric and vampiric present :) as I said small dmg increase, but is all adds up xD.Still I like that ppl can run their own unique flavoured builds, makes the game feel fresh.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been necro main for 2 years now. probably yhe most fun build for reaper is thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AWbC0biliBLKA8t6Wx9wi4SkqJMFqVA-jhSBQB6R3QA3P4BXAAA8EAuiyARq0jRKBrwBBgFLIYJ1fIFQELjA-eIf you are using berserkers on reaper shame on you. This is Brazils build but with my own twist. All in all during his testing he found that using breserkers is a waste of time and that valkyre is much better, As i beleave when he was still o youtube he managed almost 30kdps in raids with this That ofc was before POF. You cant try to change runes to get more power but i use fero cuz i like to go to wvw with this build too. 10 prc crit its enough for a reaper, you might opt for 20 but i find 10 prc beeing the sweet spot.

@"Zabeardy.5930" said:Ive been necro main for 2 years now. probably yhe most fun build for reaper is thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AWbC0biliBLKA8t6Wx9wi4SkqJMFqVA-jhSBQB6R3QA3P4BXAAA8EAuiyARq0jRKBrwBBgFLIYJ1fIFQELjA-eIf you are using berserkers on reaper shame on you. This is Brazils build but with my own twist. All in all during his testing he found that using breserkers is a waste of time and that valkyre is much better, As i beleave when he was still o youtube he managed almost 30kdps in raids with this That ofc was before POF. You cant try to change runes to get more power but i use fero cuz i like to go to wvw with this build too. 10 prc crit its enough for a reaper, you might opt for 20 but i find 10 prc beeing the sweet spot.

Sry fixed it http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AWbC0bilgBjqKsF6VxFxm4UMKBEAaAA-jhSBQBA4JA8gLAQFOIAMSJoe0NISleBc/AWsgwVUGYJ1fIFQELjA-e

@Zabeardy.5930 said:

@Zabeardy.5930 said:Ive been necro main for 2 years now. probably yhe most fun build for reaper is this
If you are using berserkers on reaper shame on you. This is Brazils build but with my own twist. All in all during his testing he found that using breserkers is a waste of time and that valkyre is much better, As i beleave when he was still o youtube he managed almost 30kdps in raids with this That ofc was before POF. You cant try to change runes to get more power but i use fero cuz i like to go to wvw with this build too. 10 prc crit its enough for a reaper, you might opt for 20 but i find 10 prc beeing the sweet spot.

Sry fixed it

Good suggestion, as a new Necro player I actually forogt that your shroud is based off your vitality :)

@Omnicron.2467 said:

@Zabeardy.5930 said:Ive been necro main for 2 years now. probably yhe most fun build for reaper is this
If you are using berserkers on reaper shame on you. This is Brazils build but with my own twist. All in all during his testing he found that using breserkers is a waste of time and that valkyre is much better, As i beleave when he was still o youtube he managed almost 30kdps in raids with this That ofc was before POF. You cant try to change runes to get more power but i use fero cuz i like to go to wvw with this build too. 10 prc crit its enough for a reaper, you might opt for 20 but i find 10 prc beeing the sweet spot.

Sry fixed it

Good suggestion, as a new Necro player I actually forogt that your shroud is based off your vitality :)

If you want whisper me in game i have a lot of necro builds for pvp, wvw and pve

@Zabeardy.5930 said:

Sry fixed it

There are several ways you can sortof improve on this for pve. As 10 prc crit is enough as every boss will have full stacks of vulnerability. Sigil of cruelty that on kill gives you fero. Cuz u use this in wvw i need my own vulnerability stacking, for pve this might be irrelevant so you can switch some vuln application and pick something damaging. you might opt for runes with power base. Do remember that shroud itself is not your main dmg your weapons and utility are. For an off hand, focus its the best for solo target, war horn well if you really want swiftness then yes you can go with it. Dagger only if you go condi reaper.

Archived