Jump to content
  • Sign Up

SAB updates for 2019


Recommended Posts

A new zone would obviously be nice but can we please either have a way of keeping track of baubles and assassin kills in world 2 zone 2 and 3 (baubles) or even better still, the option to waypoint back to any previously completed checkpoint.

I know I'm not the only one who has spent 1-2 hours only to find at the very end I have missed something and am unable to backtrack and it is extremely frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Daroon.1736" said:I know I'm not the only one who has spent 1-2 hours only to find at the very end I have missed something and am unable to backtrack and it is extremely frustrating.

Isn't that part of the "charm" of platform games? You have to memorize the route, the hazards, the buffs, and keep track of what you have/haven't opened?

Mind you: I'm not against such a change. It just seems counter to the overall themes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah as much as id like such a qol feature, it goes against what the design is trying to achieve. Old school games were like this im afraid.

Im just grateful it doesnt take 45 mins to load, as the game built the title screen line by line, only for it to crash because the volume was at the wrong level (yes that was what we put up with 30 years ago...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Randulf.7614 said:Yeah as much as id like such a qol feature, it goes against what the design is trying to achieve. Old school games were like this im afraid.

Im just grateful it doesnt take 45 mins to load, as the game built the title screen line by line, only for it to crash because the volume was at the wrong level (yes that was what we put up with 30 years ago...)

If we want authenticity here, perhaps we could persuade Anet to publish a magazine with game code for new releases every few weeks and we could all take hours and hours typing it in ourselves (yes that was really what we put up with 40+ years ago)

But on a more serious note - 8 bit games had save points which is essentially what I am asking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Daroon.1736 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Yeah as much as id like such a qol feature, it goes against what the design is trying to achieve. Old school games were like this im afraid.

Im just grateful it doesnt take 45 mins to load, as the game built the title screen line by line, only for it to crash because the volume was at the wrong level (yes that was what we put up with 30 years ago...)

If we want authenticity here, perhaps we could persuade Anet to publish a magazine with game code for new releases every few weeks and we could all take hours and hours typing it in ourselves (yes that was really what we put up with 40+ years ago)

But on a more serious note - 8 bit games had save points which is essentially what I am asking for.

Not the games this was based off. If you failed you started over from the beginning. They were all or nothing. The fact we have gates is actually a pretty big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Daroon.1736 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Yeah as much as id like such a qol feature, it goes against what the design is trying to achieve. Old school games were like this im afraid.

Im just grateful it doesnt take 45 mins to load, as the game built the title screen line by line, only for it to crash because the volume was at the wrong level (yes that was what we put up with 30 years ago...)

If we want authenticity here, perhaps we could persuade Anet to publish a magazine with game code for new releases every few weeks and we could all take hours and hours typing it in ourselves (yes that was really what we put up with 40+ years ago)

But on a more serious note - 8 bit games had save points which is essentially what I am asking for.

Haha yeah I remember magazine games and codes. But none of my 8bit games had saves. Magic land Dizzy would have been so much easier with them!

Perhaps next year they can introduce pokes instead!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing that ANet has given up on improving the festivals or making big changes to them for that matter, I doubt it will happen.

But one can always dream, right. So here we go: Things I'd like to see in further installments of the SAB Festival

  • Get rid of Drooburt(not just here, remove the sorry sob from the game or give him something to do other than begging)
  • World 3 and 4, just so that the SAB doesn't feel like a forgotten corpse and to give the story a conclusion
  • SAB related skins other than the super weapons. F.E. Pointy Stick(Sword), Chain Sticks(Mace), Shorcut Falcon Helmet(Headgear), Super Fish Snorkel(Aquabreather), Torch(Torch), Slingshot(Shortbow), Glove of Wisdom(Focus). Would buy these for Gems to finance the creation of Worlds 3 and 4.
  • SAB mount skins, preferably earnable in-game(won't happen, I know, remember, I'm dreaming...)
  • Endless Super Tonics, turning you either into one of the SAB enemies or, what would really be awesome, into a pixilated version of your character giving him/her SAB skills for costume brawl
  • SAB outfit, many ways to go here and impossible to please everyone. I'd love to have an outfit that looked like a Pixilated Gundam or something equally retro but ymmv.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One update I would love to see.. first décor room in W1Z1.. do something about that first jump up from the small block round a corner and over a double insta death pad.. with such a poor camera system it makes that jump a luck out and has no place in the game .. utter garbage idea that sucks the fun out of it.. I love jumpy puzzles, I have done everything in game but this stupid idea of a challenge i can make maybe 1 in 20 times if i am really, really lucky.. sure is a great sink tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When it comes to me, just give me something other to do than grind dailies for skins... this doesn't apply for SAB alone. For all the players who don't actively pursue dailies there is very little to do in some festivals. Because festival dailies and especially SAB dailies are not something you complete on the side of just playing the way you want to play regularly anymore like dailies in the game used to be. Even if I do normal mode runs of all SAB zones every day (not that I actually do this every day) all that nets me is 1 out of 3 required dailies unless I make a checklist for tasks to do.

Checklists are boring, as simple as that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Trib mode takes a very long time and there is no way to save progress. This makes it completely inaccessible for someone that does not have several hours in a row to sink into a game. Like...people with jobs, second jobs, school, homework, extracurriculars, etc. It also means that if anyone experiences even one short DC, they could lose hours of progress. Expecting everyone to have internet connections that literally never drop is unrealistic at best (let alone if you're trying to do it in a party - that leaves multiple points of failure...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@kjlynn.1957 said:Trib mode takes a very long time and there is no way to save progress. This makes it completely inaccessible for someone that does not have several hours in a row to sink into a game. Like...people with jobs, second jobs, school, homework, extracurriculars, etc. It also means that if anyone experiences even one short DC, they could lose hours of progress. Expecting everyone to have internet connections that literally never drop is unrealistic at best (let alone if you're trying to do it in a party - that leaves multiple points of failure...)

Necro main?Trib isn't for everyone. As far as I remember if you know the route, you can finish the zones in 10 minutes. Taco helps. Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@lokh.2695 said:Seeing that ANet has given up on improving the festivals or making big changes to them for that matter, I doubt it will happen.

But one can always dream, right. So here we go: Things I'd like to see in further installments of the SAB Festival

  • Get rid of Drooburt(not just here, remove the sorry sob from the game or give him something to do other than begging)
  • World 3 and 4, just so that the SAB doesn't feel like a forgotten corpse and to give the story a conclusion
  • SAB related skins other than the super weapons. F.E. Pointy Stick(Sword), Chain Sticks(Mace), Shorcut Falcon Helmet(Headgear), Super Fish Snorkel(Aquabreather), Torch(Torch), Slingshot(Shortbow), Glove of Wisdom(Focus). Would buy these for Gems to finance the creation of Worlds 3 and 4.
  • SAB mount skins, preferably earnable in-game(won't happen, I know, remember, I'm dreaming...)
  • Endless Super Tonics, turning you either into one of the SAB enemies or, what would really be awesome, into a pixilated version of your character giving him/her SAB skills for costume brawl
  • SAB outfit, many ways to go here and impossible to please everyone. I'd love to have an outfit that looked like a Pixilated Gundam or something equally retro but ymmv.

About weapons skins and tonics, I will bet on the fact they will be added tommorow with the new special daily reward vendor.I can aldready think about the sab choya tonic, sab mobs tonics, sab angry cloud tonic? (The big thunder cube one from trib lol)

PS: About outfit, I'm thinking of the armor of phantom knights in zelda phantom hourglass (temple of seas) but in 8 bit style so kinda like lord vanquish. A good ol' warrior armor.

PPS: Droob whut? Kill it with fire!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Daroon.1736 said:A new zone would obviously be nice but can we please either have a way of keeping track of baubles and assassin kills in world 2 zone 2 and 3 (baubles) or even better still, the option to waypoint back to any previously completed checkpoint.

I know I'm not the only one who has spent 1-2 hours only to find at the very end I have missed something and am unable to backtrack and it is extremely frustrating.

How about we ask the developers for something the majority of the population wants to play and is around for more than a few weeks a year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:A new zone would obviously be nice but can we please either have a way of keeping track of baubles and assassin kills in world 2 zone 2 and 3 (baubles) or even better still, the option to waypoint back to any previously completed checkpoint.

I know I'm not the only one who has spent 1-2 hours only to find at the very end I have missed something and am unable to backtrack and it is extremely frustrating.

How about we ask the developers for something the majority of the population wants to play and is around for more than a few weeks a year?

What's stopping them from doing both again ?I mean, i know what is...and it's corporate but the devs themselves are more than capable of doing so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@hugo.4705 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Seeing that ANet has given up on improving the festivals or making big changes to them for that matter, I doubt it will happen.

But one can always dream, right. So here we go: Things I'd like to see in further installments of the SAB Festival
  • Get rid of Drooburt(not just here, remove the sorry sob from the game or give him something to do other than begging)
  • World 3 and 4, just so that the SAB doesn't feel like a forgotten corpse and to give the story a conclusion
  • SAB related skins other than the super weapons. F.E. Pointy Stick(Sword), Chain Sticks(Mace), Shorcut Falcon Helmet(Headgear), Super Fish Snorkel(Aquabreather), Torch(Torch), Slingshot(Shortbow), Glove of Wisdom(Focus). Would buy these for Gems to finance the creation of Worlds 3 and 4.
  • SAB mount skins, preferably earnable in-game(won't happen, I know, remember, I'm dreaming...)
  • Endless Super Tonics, turning you either into one of the SAB enemies or, what would really be awesome, into a pixilated version of your character giving him/her SAB skills for costume brawl
  • SAB outfit, many ways to go here and impossible to please everyone. I'd love to have an outfit that looked like a Pixilated Gundam or something equally retro but ymmv.

About weapons skins and tonics, I will bet on the fact they will be added tommorow with the new special daily reward vendor.I can aldready think about the sab choya tonic, sab mobs tonics, sab angry cloud tonic? (The big thunder cube one from trib lol)

PS: About outfit, I'm thinking of the armor of phantom knights in zelda phantom hourglass (temple of seas) but in 8 bit style so kinda like lord vanquish. A good ol' warrior armor.

PPS: Droob whut? Kill it with fire!

Alas, no Tonics at the vendor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's my first year playing this and love the nod back to the good ol days of gamingOne thing though, what is up with the extreme zoom-out at the end fights? I cannot even see my avatar, let along judge distances?Is this something that can please be disabled? I have a hard time playing the end fights. I can, but I litterly need to walk away from the computer after every end fight.The zoom levels makes me think that you guys do not want visually impaired people playing this at all.Seriously, it's horrible, genuine horrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:It's my first year playing this and love the nod back to the good ol days of gamingOne thing though, what is up with the extreme zoom-out at the end fights? I cannot even see my avatar, let along judge distances?Is this something that can please be disabled? I have a hard time playing the end fights. I can, but I litterly need to walk away from the computer after every end fight.The zoom levels makes me think that you guys do not want visually impaired people playing this at all.Seriously, it's horrible, genuine horrible.

Its so you can see the boss head that have the tells on when it do aoe attacks or who it will attack if played in group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup no tonics, now going to farm infinitely mindlessly tribulation to earn the ascended box.

Btw, I noticed something, sab worlds are following the logic of super mario world worlds:Smw in order:-hub, plains, underground, rapids and mountains, forest, rocky high mountains, volcanic world, (Star and bonus)SAB:-hub, plains, forest, rapids and mountains, underground, rocky high mountains, volcanic world.

Only 2 worlds are exchanged (forest and underground)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Underdark.3726 said:

@sigur.9453 said:Trib isn't for everyone. As far as I remember if you know the route, you can finish the zones in 10 minutes. Taco helps. Enjoy.

But if you don't know the rute and you don't want to use third party help but want to find your way alone you can't finish it in 10 minutes.

so your point is? srsly the Trib mode is ridiculous and just fun. if you want to learn the route by your self .. i wish you luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sure a guide is out and make sure it is followed strictly. And as others said that is the mystique of old school games you youngins have NO IDEA what we put up with ^_^. That and also the idea of 56k internet hahaha.

Not to mention my first run through super mario bros at age 4-5 . Man that game over sending you to the BEGINNING. No continuous coin. Ahhh the good life of gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...