WvW Warrior Bubble Bot META :/

TibbsDeTelTel.1690

So ima try and keep this as short and sweet as i can, i have mained a warrior for last 4 years (ele before since 3 days early access) and played a ton of WvW in that time, done a fair bit of commanding and stuff and generally been apart of the WvW community for quite some time now and although warrior has been re entered into the meta in WvW (which im happy about) im not happy in the way its being used.

i.e run in drop bubble and run bk out to let scourges aoe it ( in most cases)

the problems with this skill is it demotes melee combat and as a melee focused class that sucks.. the minute you drop it in small comp or large the enemys main priority is to get out of it, i understand its more useful in pvp and idk anything about pve tbh..

My solution to this problem is to make the static aoe bubble into a pulse from the warrior skill, similar to how the rev mallyx elite skill works where it pulses out fromt he warrior for a set amount of time.. i think there should be a global cooldown for the boonstrip as to not make stacking warriors on push OP ( so the skill would work like 'remove 1 boon per second,' 10 targets but doesnt stack with multiple warriors) although you can still use break enchantment for your burst on engagment and the winds skill wouldnt break the game...

I wouldnt want comps to be 11 warriors all using winds to strip 11 boons per second that would be dumb, but use it in more of a rotation with frontline..

i think this change would promote melee combat and actual pushing even numbered fights without massive 'skill/comunication' diferences...

as it stands now bubble is meta.. but its boring and sucks and promotes a pirate ship bs meta which we had for most of HoT... I miss HAMMER trains... i havent Pugmanded at all since PoF cause im sick of pirate shipping in circles (circle jerking) make my dream come true <3

please bump and like or w/e if you agree,

Sincerely -Tibbs-

see you scrubs on the battlefield o7

@"Oglaf.1074" said:Warriors not having a place in the WvW zergfest is old news. Has always been an issue with how contribution heavily favours AoE casters... I doubt we'll see a "fix" for any of this unless WvW is entirely overhauled.

To me honestly range AOE should either be nerfed on damage or nerfed on target cap to be more in line with how mele target caps are. I think it should be the target cap not the damage, because if you nerf the damage they won't be able to kill anyone 1v1, so that leaves target cap, yes there'd still be a few skills that have larger target caps but I think the majority should be toned down to 3 targets not 5 to be brought more in line with mele. That I think would bring more mele class builds back into the meta.

it is not the warrior fault, it is necros fault! Just look at the number of warrior running on a tag. Warriors are maximum 5 out of 50+.Necros on the other hand are abut 20 out of 50+.Necros and elementalist are the ones responsible for the pirateship meta with their AoE spam.

If you chain bubbles from multiple warriors, it's harder for enemy to get out. Especially if all of those warrs spam their hammer (or any other aoe) stuns.

If you feel like you're incapable of being more aggressive and do damage, play the old shout warrior build and save your bubble for defensive uses while supporting your allies.

Warriors have a pretty fun role in that you're a brick ****house and if you don't blow cooldowns like an idiot you can still do some good melee pressure with a more ranged (and organized) comp backing you up.

This change would be passive garbage. Pulsing boon rip on a warrior with last stand, featherfoot grace, endure pain, berserker stance....It's far too Strong for warrior to have that punishing of an aoe following them around. They're too fast and tanky and getting away from one would be hellish and bad gameplay. A bubble can be moved out of, a warrior with Winds pulsing off them is complete aids.

@CrashTheGrey.1492 said:Warriors have a pretty fun role in that you're a brick ****house and if you don't blow cooldowns like an idiot you can still do some good melee pressure with a more ranged (and organized) comp backing you up.

This change would be passive garbage. Pulsing boon rip on a warrior with last stand, featherfoot grace, endure pain, berserker stance....It's far too Strong for warrior to have that punishing of an aoe following them around. They're too fast and tanky and getting away from one would be hellish and bad gameplay. A bubble can be moved out of, a warrior with Winds pulsing off them is complete aids.

Totally agree, bubbles can be moved out of and warriors can be countered before they drop it. Having that shit pulse while they are moving is a bad bad idea.

@Hitman.5829 said:it is not the warrior fault, it is necros fault! Just look at the number of warrior running on a tag. Warriors are maximum 5 out of 50+.Necros on the other hand are abut 20 out of 50+.Necros and elementalist are the ones responsible for the pirateship meta with their AoE spam.

I guess you haven't played a Weaver in WvW.. go try it and see what you can do

As for warrior I agree that The whole spec is used only for the bubble as pirateshipping has become stronger since PoF, Thus melee classes will find it hard to find a path towards the enemy without getting blown up by Necros,Revs and Eles

i hate this phrase but what i would like is ''kit synergy'' lul.. a massive aoe on a class with hardly any other aoe's to synergize with it is kinda dumb imo and boring to play... if you don't like the idea of a pulsing skill then what do you suggest?.. other options include jus removing 10 boons instantly and job done... id sooner have anything other than something that feels designed to be used for other play styles not associated with a melee focused classed.. at this point it feels to me as though Anet made bubble an idea for scourge and thought '' no that's to OP'' i know we can jus give it to warrior fak it'' lul... lets try and keep the criticism constructive because it is kinda an issue, not game breaking but boring as hell for most warrior mains i have spoke to :/ lets try and find a solution to bringing hammer trains back into the meta again without the classic ''DELETE SCOURGE AND ELE'' argument lul <3

pce o7-Drunk Tibbs- :P

@TibbsDeTelTel.1690 said:i hate this phrase but what i would like is ''kit synergy'' lul.. a massive aoe on a class with hardly any other aoe's to synergize with it is kinda dumb imo and boring to play... if you don't like the idea of a pulsing skill then what do you suggest?.. other options include jus removing 10 boons instantly and job done... id sooner have anything other than something that feels designed to be used for other play styles not associated with a melee focused classed.. at this point it feels to me as though Anet made bubble an idea for scourge and thought '' no that's to OP'' i know we can jus give it to warrior fak it'' lul... lets try and keep the criticism constructive because it is kinda an issue, not game breaking but boring as hell for most warrior mains i have spoke to :/ lets try and find a solution to bringing hammer trains back into the meta again without the classic ''DELETE SCOURGE AND ELE'' argument lul <3

pce o7-Drunk Tibbs- :P

jump into enemies, cast bubble, swap to hammer, h3 f1 f2 f1, holding ppl in place with your aoe's and watch them die to your zerg, dunno what exacly you complain about, what kind of aoe do you want??

@TibbsDeTelTel.1690 said:well no aoe would be ideal lul

you rly are drunk, are you? you complained that you just put down a bubble and then have nothing else to do, or any meaningful impact afterwards, i told you that you have aoe cc to keep them in, now you say you dont want aoes at all. i assume that you meant you dont want dmg aoe like necro, but that wasnt what i was talking about

i think your assuming alot without reading the initial post but k bro.. second post was drunk but you just amused me telling me how to play warrior when i am clearly aware of the 'ideal' rotation the bubble can be used with.. bubble is useful in smaller comps in WvW and other game modes but im just trying to point out the use of it in large scale fights in WvW where if u are playing in semi organized fights its very hard to do any kind off melee push without being melted to either defensive bubbles or scourge aoe's.. i personally feel that bubble combined with backline aoe's creates a 'no mans land' that neither group can really pass through as a group for a melee push and this makes combat stale especially on chokes etc.. i was trying to get some brainstorming going on how to get melee combat i.e 'hammer trains' back into the meta with some changes.. i know pirate ship is going to be around for a while but you could still push into larger groups with a smaller more organized group during the HoT era and this is the 'warrior forum' so im trying to discuss bubbles use in large scale WvW..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Tibbs-

p.s im not saying pushing a larger group with a smaller group is impossible but it requires alot of patience and baiting and timing to achieve making the game sometimes feel stale when the larger group wont push but just hold the choke..

@TibbsDeTelTel.1690 said:i think your assuming alot without reading the initial post but k bro.. second post was drunk but you just amused me telling me how to play warrior when i am clearly aware of the 'ideal' rotation the bubble can be used with.. bubble is useful in smaller comps in WvW and other game modes but im just trying to point out the use of it in large scale fights in WvW where if u are playing in semi organized fights its very hard to do any kind off melee push without being melted to either defensive bubbles or scourge aoe's.. i personally feel that bubble combined with backline aoe's creates a 'no mans land' that neither group can really pass through as a group for a melee push and this makes combat stale especially on chokes etc.. i was trying to get some brainstorming going on how to get melee combat i.e 'hammer trains' back into the meta with some changes.. i know pirate ship is going to be around for a while but you could still push into larger groups with a smaller more organized group during the HoT era and this is the 'warrior forum' so im trying to discuss bubbles use in large scale WvW..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Tibbs-

p.s im not saying pushing a larger group with a smaller group is impossible but it requires alot of patience and baiting and timing to achieve making the game sometimes feel stale when the larger group wont push but just hold the choke..

well the way you were writing it, you seemed like you didnt know the rotation, or else you wouldnt have complained about not having tools to keep enemies inside.now i understand the thing with pirateshipping, and i hate it too, but you mentioned 2 completely different things, and to one of those i gave you a solution, dunno why you get so angry about it, the post i was refering to was the one about ppl running from your bubble, not about ppl pirateshipping

the thing i want to see is a big melee train with tank guards and more support oriented warrior builds, like the worker build i use, instead if all those full dmg warriors that instantly implode while crying about just being bubble bots against a pirateship

Archived