new player - what is good for pvp now?

kattah.6372

hi everyone,i am coming in hot from wow because i can no longer deal with the bore that it has become. i've read about the game, etc. but i am wondering what your opinions are for a new player like myself who is mainly interested in (battleground style not so much arena) pvp.some info: on wow, i am an affliction warlock, decently ranked who only really pvps. i understand GW2 pvp is different, but i am looking for a class(?) that is similar to wow warlocks. i am guessing that is the necromancer? i feel like a noob, so please be gentle, can anyone give me some advice?

The closest thing to a WoW affliction lock would be necromancer, yes.It is reasonably beefy and realies and can be built around conditions (which is the GW2 Dot equivalent) quite easily. There overall are a lot of similarities.Although it has to be said, that there are many classes that can be built around conditions in GW2.Even tho we currently have a power dmg meta, condition mesmer builds can still work pretty well....although their playstyle comes closer to a WoW mage imo.

@kattah.6372 said:hi everyone,i am coming in hot from wow because i can no longer deal with the bore that it has become. i've read about the game, etc. but i am wondering what your opinions are for a new player like myself who is mainly interested in (battleground style not so much arena) pvp.some info: on wow, i am an affliction warlock, decently ranked who only really pvps. i understand GW2 pvp is different, but i am looking for a class(?) that is similar to wow warlocks. i am guessing that is the necromancer? i feel like a noob, so please be gentle, can anyone give me some advice?

You want to play Necromancer and use the Scourge Elite Specialization 100%. It's the condi focused necromancer spec and it's very strong in WvW, SPvP, Fractals, and while it's not top tier for most raid encounterss a good Scourge is a solid addition to any party. And if you're good at the class then you're better than other people's DPS anyway. You can go to Metabattle.com and see a few really good Scourge PvP builds you can use.

Archived