So 12 matches in ranked and I've already had enough

jeyhu.1325

First match had someone drop for the entire match until the final minute and said the computer was restarting (7:30mins later....OK). Multiple matches completely one sided barely get over 100 points. I lost 6 matches in a row and each of those I either got 2,3 or 4 awards at the end to barely anything else from my team. A few matches ppl just gave up within the first few minutes and just afked. The other few matches just filled with toxic know it alls that send you personal messages saying how bad you are that you couldn't save their stupid glassy corpse in time and blocking you like a coward in between them. Seriously is this how bad we've fallen here now?

Remind me again why bother continuing? It's a shame I used to love Guild Wars 2 and the PvP, but it's become a joke (both mechanics and community).

That's is why i quit the ranked cesspool after season 6. Nothing will change until a ranked "overhaul". Bring back 5 man or make ranked purely solo play only. Make ranked games TDM mode games (easier for special minded pugs to understand) instead of circlequest. Let circlequest got to AT where 5 man premades can voice chat every enemy movement so they can 2v1 3v1 or 4v1 a opponent going to fight a circle.

Ranked has become a laughing joke of the game. Lets see nothing like bots, win traders, afks / pve reward hunters, hackers and toxic mama's basement children ruing pvp to a unplayable level as usual

@jeyhu.1325 said:First match had someone drop for the entire match until the final minute and said the computer was restarting (7:30mins later....OK). Multiple matches completely one sided barely get over 100 points. I lost 6 matches in a row and each of those I either got 2,3 or 4 awards at the end to barely anything else from my team. A few matches ppl just gave up within the first few minutes and just afked. The other few matches just filled with toxic know it alls that send you personal messages saying how bad you are that you couldn't save their stupid glassy corpse in time and blocking you like a coward in between them. Seriously is this how bad we've fallen here now?

Remind me again why bother continuing? It's a shame I used to love Guild Wars 2 and the PvP, but it's become a joke (both mechanics and community).

this is the result of completly don't care about spvp update to the season system, arenanet is still sleeping working on improvement of AT (but it will take a lot of time) but this kind season need some upgrade it's the same since the start of the seasons and have the same problem since season 1 maybe matchmaking now working better , but if ppl who care about play spvp cos they like spvp and not for pve reward left the game cos there are no changes , balance is random , At was released in an horrible status well at the end of the day the majority of ppl that still playing seasons are ppl who play pvp for the legendary backpack , legendaty armor , pve reward in general and they don't care about improve , play decently and the quality of matches become every season worse....

Yep save yourself the headache, it's not worth playing ranked anymore (hasn't been for a while tbh) regardless of the balance state. In game community has devolved, if that were possible, into more toxic behaviour than the past. It's pretty sad.

Sadly hotjoin servers have dried up (they really ought to bring back 8v8 hotjoin servers to spice things up) otherwise I'd say jump in there for some casual distraction, or pop into unranked for less "serious business" with zero consequence that you can at least ignore the bullkitten.

Ranked is a joke and has been for a while now. They have nothing done of lasting substance to address balance, match manipulation etc...

Ill do my 10 matches for placement tonight I guess. I'm gonna play some janky spanky homebrew Weaver build I cooked up. Why? Because I don't care anymore. I never thought I would say but I'm just there for the gold and free transmute charges. :(

I feel sorry for the devs. They seem to be working hard on making matchmaking work. But ultimately it falls flat on it's face. Rating system is broken at this point and I'd rather them scrap the system and start from the ground up.

Half the games I'm in are 100 - 500 matches now. Something you would normally see in unranked. And rarely in ranked, but now commonplace.

Heck. I Ended last season solidly in Platinum 1. Now I'm Silver 3/ Gold 1 after my placements. That and a good solid 15 matches after placements, you still get hi-volatile rating +/- 30 mmr is a recipe for disaster.

The only thing worth doing pvp'ing is the Gold rewards.

They should really just take away the ranking and leave rewards. I got on teams so bad I've fallen down to silver. All I do is run around killing everybody on my screen. Ya it makes me feel like I'm awesome but I'm still losing matches. You can't judge one person's ability in a team game. And all you get is toxicity and cheating. Until they can figure out a way to measure a player's actual worth, get rid of the damn rankings. They don't mean a thing.

Well you did better than me. I got through 2 matches: the first was a blowout loss with our guardian running in circles dying off point all match, and the second was a blowout win with the other team barely scoring 100 points total. After I got my daily, I logged off to play some Danganronpa, lol.

i can do placement with two accounts ... one landing in silver one in platin and then on both it´s about 50% win rate (silver slighly better). Last 7 matches i think 6 were with one side below 300 points. Things like duble duo (when i see the duo is coordinated) its just an autowin as well as most of the time one player looses the match for the enire team just by doing garbage (including maybe AFK). The whole system is casual not competative and unsuited for a ranking.

Season 11 and people still have no idea how placement matches work (and the rating corrections after)

You can give up after 10 placement matches but that's probably the worst thing you can do, as these matches can be pretty random thanks to a number of reasons, but play 20-30 matches after and you will be more or less correctly placed at your skill level whether you like it or not.

@rwolf.9571 said:I feel sorry for the devs. They seem to be working hard on making matchmaking work. But ultimately it falls flat on it's face. Rating system is broken at this point and I'd rather them scrap the system and start from the ground up.

Half the games I'm in are 100 - 500 matches now. Something you would normally see in unranked. And rarely in ranked, but now commonplace.

Heck. I Ended last season solidly in Platinum 1. Now I'm Silver 3/ Gold 1 after my placements. That and a good solid 15 matches after placements, you still get hi-volatile rating +/- 30 mmr is a recipe for disaster.

The only thing worth doing pvp'ing is the Gold rewards.

I lost 70+ points in three matches. First loss was for 14 fair enough, second was 32, then 28. I get these are early matches but jesus ... I had one other but we had a dc so that didn't lose me points. All of them were utter shit shows as to how people treated each other. My placements went rather well oddly enough.

There are so many variables in any single PvP game that you will never have a system that is perfect and will give you a close game every single time.

I know for a fact, that there are players out there that expect to do a lot better in PvP then they should do and a lot of those players will come here and blame anything else but themselves. The top players usually remain top players, no matter what the current meta is, and usually they play various classes to get there(Im not discussing wintraders because this is in the <1% of people). That isn't just down to luck. sPvP is not just about how good you are with your class, which so many people think it is. You may be very good at your class, and you may have a game where you kill people fairly easily, but its what you do with that advantage. Understanding rotating and when to leave a fight will vastly improve the consistency of your games.

Yes you will have games that whitewash you, every competitive game has this. You may have a lose streak, every game has this on a game mode that relies on team based system that has an essence of randomiser on who you get. That will never change based on this system. Should the system change? Maybe, but this is continually being worked on.

Rank points being highly volatile are totally justifiable at the start of the season, especially after placements. That scoring system is basically being applied anyway during your placements, you just dont see them. The point of it is to quickly find a rough area where you should be placed between 500-1800ish thats all, and for quite a few games after your placements, its still adjusting that.

If you ended last season solidly in plat 1, why does that mean immediately you have to be there now? New season, new balance for a start. If you are as competent player as you think you are to be plat 1, you WILL get to plat. Sure it might take a little longer than if you had won your placements, but it will happen.

Classes being op or stronger than other classes have been in every single season and there will always be a class that has an 'edge' on others. Yet still we see players playing other professions and doing well enough to reach the higher ranks. This season is much better for OP classes, everyone is moaning about mesmer, but hell it's better than the scourge plague.

Pvp can still be competitive, so long as you continue to compete, afk'ing hardly achieves anything for anyone. Games that have looked like a whitewash have been turned around on many occasions. These games are arguably the most rewarding. AFK'ers will never see this.

@Vaga.5174 said:There are so many variables in any single PvP game that you will never have a system that is perfect and will give you a close game every single time.

I know for a fact, that there are players out there that expect to do a lot better in PvP then they should do and a lot of those players will come here and blame anything else but themselves. The top players usually remain top players, no matter what the current meta is, and usually they play various classes to get there(Im not discussing wintraders because this is in the <1% of people). That isn't just down to luck. sPvP is not just about how good you are with your class, which so many people think it is. You may be very good at your class, and you may have a game where you kill people fairly easily, but its what you do with that advantage. Understanding rotating and when to leave a fight will vastly improve the consistency of your games.

Yes you will have games that whitewash you, every competitive game has this. You may have a lose streak, every game has this on a game mode that relies on team based system that has an essence of randomiser on who you get. That will never change based on this system. Should the system change? Maybe, but this is continually being worked on.

Rank points being highly volatile are totally justifiable at the start of the season, especially after placements. That scoring system is basically being applied anyway during your placements, you just dont see them. The point of it is to quickly find a rough area where you should be placed between 500-1800ish thats all, and for quite a few games after your placements, its still adjusting that.

If you ended last season solidly in plat 1, why does that mean immediately you have to be there now? New season, new balance for a start. If you are as competent player as you think you are to be plat 1, you WILL get to plat. Sure it might take a little longer than if you had won your placements, but it will happen.

Classes being op or stronger than other classes have been in every single season and there will always be a class that has an 'edge' on others. Yet still we see players playing other professions and doing well enough to reach the higher ranks. This season is much better for OP classes, everyone is moaning about mesmer, but hell it's better than the scourge plague.

Pvp can still be competitive, so long as you continue to compete, afk'ing hardly achieves anything for anyone. Games that have looked like a whitewash have been turned around on many occasions. These games are arguably the most rewarding. AFK'ers will never see this.

Nicely said

Guy who cares anymore really? The leaderboard has been exposed time and time again as illegitimate due to cheating, they wont do anything about it, balance is horrendous, matchmaking is a dumpster fire, and they don't listen to the community. So why bother? Just relax and play for the rewards. Get your gold, and move along to better things like unranked for fun or whatever else in the game you enjoy. Due to the state of the game mode its the only smart play anymore.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Season 11 and people still have no idea how placement matches work (and the rating corrections after)

You can give up after 10 placement matches but that's probably the worst thing you can do, as these matches can be pretty random thanks to a number of reasons, but play 20-30 matches after and you will be more or less correctly placed at your skill level whether you like it or not.

That's because they DON'T work. Your placements place you roughly within 250 points of where you finished the season before (always below, though) and then your next 10-15 games can WILDLY impact your rating, almost randomly, since matchmaking is trash. Theoretically you'll get back to your original rating, but unless you're blessed by the RNG gods, you're not going to improve, because winning or losing is determined by who Anet places against you and who they give to you. Personal skill can't carry 1v5 in this game outside of rare circumstances.

Archived