So 12 matches in ranked and I've already had enough

jeyhu.1325

@Devilman.1532 said:Guy who cares anymore really? The leaderboard has been exposed time and time again as illegitimate due to cheating, they wont do anything about it, balance is horrendous, matchmaking is a dumpster fire, and they don't listen to the community. So why bother? Just relax and play for the rewards. Get your gold, and move along to better things like unranked for fun or whatever else in the game you enjoy. Due to the state of the game mode its the only smart play anymore.

This kind of negativity doesn't help the game mode in any way shape or form. Its comments like these, that discourage players from even trying to improve in PvP, and actually drives them away. Matchmaking certainly will not improve, if players do not want to pursue to get better and dont care. There are many people that care still, but its people who say things like this who tries (for no gain whatsoever) to snuff out whatever desire there is for the game mode to succeed.

@bLind.6278 said:

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Season 11 and people still have no idea how placement matches work (and the rating corrections after)

You can give up after 10 placement matches but that's probably the worst thing you can do, as these matches can be pretty random thanks to a number of reasons, but play 20-30 matches after and you will be more or less correctly placed at your skill level whether you like it or not.

That's because they DON'T work. Your placements place you roughly within 250 points of where you finished the season before (always below, though) and then your next 10-15 games can WILDLY impact your rating, almost randomly, since matchmaking is trash. Theoretically you'll get back to your original rating, but unless you're blessed by the RNG gods, you're not going to improve, because winning or losing is determined by who Anet places against you and who they give to you. Personal skill can't carry 1v5 in this game outside of rare circumstances.

They work to enough of a degree to be seen as acceptable. They continue to place you after your first 10 games, the start of every season is volatile on rating. You do not need to be blessed by any gods. The season ends at 120 games minimum required. That is enough of a sample of games for your true rating. Personal skill will pay off in the long run, but there many aspects of it, not just how good you are at your profession. 1v5 is a gross exaggeration, which should be ignored.

"This kind of negativity doesn't help the game mode in any way shape or form. Its comments like these, that discourage players from even trying to improve in PvP, and actually drives them away. Matchmaking certainly will not improve, if players do not want to pursue to get better and dont care. There are many people that care still, but its people who say things like this who tries (for no gain whatsoever) to snuff out whatever desire there is for the game mode to succeed."

Honestly I'm not here to worry about how you feel. Players cant improve the matchmaking algorithm. The systems are fundamentally broken as has been proven time and time again. If people seriously gauge whether they try or not during matches based on what someone says on a message forum then they have bigger problems than being sorry at PVP and should probably uninstall and examine where they are in life.

@jeyhu.1325 said:First match had someone drop for the entire match until the final minute and said the computer was restarting (7:30mins later....OK). Multiple matches completely one sided barely get over 100 points. I lost 6 matches in a row and each of those I either got 2,3 or 4 awards at the end to barely anything else from my team. A few matches ppl just gave up within the first few minutes and just afked. The other few matches just filled with toxic know it alls that send you personal messages saying how bad you are that you couldn't save their stupid glassy corpse in time and blocking you like a coward in between them. Seriously is this how bad we've fallen here now?

Remind me again why bother continuing? It's a shame I used to love Guild Wars 2 and the PvP, but it's become a joke (both mechanics and community).

This is happening because the ones who were carried into high plat or even gold from placements are getting put into teams they should not be put into. Give it some time and this will fix itself, the ones who need to be in bronze/silver will fall back down to where they belong. I've also had a bunch of bad matchups myself, but it's because the natural process of things is weeding out the plebs and putting them where they need to be by having them fall off rank per loss.Be patient, it will be ok this coming week.

@Vaga.5174 said:

This kind of negativity doesn't help the game mode in any way shape or form. Its comments like these, that discourage players from even trying to improve in PvP, and actually drives them away. Matchmaking certainly will not improve, if players do not want to pursue to get better and dont care. There are many people that care still, but its people who say things like this who tries (for no gain whatsoever) to snuff out whatever desire there is for the game mode to succeed.

I can agree with you to an extent on here. The truth is as well, that people will just not care, period. They don't want to improve, they either want a reward tied to the ranked system, or just want to have fun. Also, there are those that take constructive criticisms as horrid flame and rage, and then they shut down, when all they were trying to do was tell said person to do x and x instead of what they were doing originally. People in general need to be more open, understanding, and patient.

@"Devilman.1532" said:"This kind of negativity doesn't help the game mode in any way shape or form. Its comments like these, that discourage players from even trying to improve in PvP, and actually drives them away. Matchmaking certainly will not improve, if players do not want to pursue to get better and dont care. There are many people that care still, but its people who say things like this who tries (for no gain whatsoever) to snuff out whatever desire there is for the game mode to succeed."

Honestly I'm not here to worry about how you feel. Players cant improve the matchmaking algorithm. The systems are fundamentally broken as has been proven time and time again. If people seriously gauge whether they try or not during matches based on what someone says on a message forum then they have bigger problems than being sorry at PVP and should probably uninstall and examine where they are in life.

I never said anything about i feel. And if you are taking such a stance, then why are you here telling everyone about how you feel?

Of course players can improve the matchmaking problem. If there are more players, more samples. More samples, better accuracy. More Accuracy, more players. Healthier population, more desire to get better. More desire to get better, higher quality of players. Higher quality of players, more competitive etc etc.

In which way is the system fundamentally broken?

Edit: Added quote

I here you man , but Anet is def to abnormal amount of disappointment with PvP. And they will do nothing , they never done nothing , but stupid patches that no one wanted.System is trash all in all , so many people go from losing 10 matches to wining 10 . Chaos Mesm is like wtffffffff fffff?For example i lost a match yesterday hard like it was 78 - 500 , and the next game lol im with same people against same people congrats Anet.

About the people im stunted for like 203 sec , one guy probably a child , was like trolling me telling that im poor and i should uninstall and how i dont have a bed to sleeep on and how i was saving money all year to buy HoT and all that stuff, to tell me how hes gonna trow every game with me , then blocks me. Thats the community , nice .

@Ghos.1326 said:

I can agree with you to an extent on here. The truth is as well, that people will just not care, period. They don't want to improve, they either want a reward tied to the ranked system, or just want to have fun. Also, there are those that take constructive criticisms as horrid flame and rage, and then they shut down, when all they were trying to do was tell said person to do x and x instead of what they were doing originally. People in general need to be more open, understanding, and patient.

I agree, there are certainly some players like this, but it be would wrong to say that there aren't equally players that want to get into the game mode and are just face walled with negativity.

Discouraging people by constantly saying no one cares and everything is broken doesn't achieve anything, especially when its not necessarily true.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.

Archived