Doing dungeons?

Core Tyria dungeons are a strange beast which, it seems, is not very popular with the community. I find it hard to find groups for them and even then I usually prefer to play solo.

The reason I want to do the dungeons are the gear sets there. For example, the Inquest armor from the Crucible of Eternity will be amazing for thief. The council guard armor is incredible for a guardian and the Lich set fits a necro so well! There are so many good skins locked there which, in my opinion, rival the cultural sets and even surpass them.

So, how to solo dungeons? Is it even possible or just too hard and not worth the time? Which profession will be most efficient? I intend to level all professions to 80 and this thread will decide what I'm going to focus on next.I suspect that ranger and necro are the best candidates for this given their power in open world, but want to hear some opinions as well as some advice on gear and proper build. Also, can I use dungeon sets to gear alts or they become soulbound to the character who bought them?

@EpicName.4523 said:Core Tyria dungeons are a strange beast which, it seems, is not very popular with the community. I find it hard to find groups for them and even then I usually prefer to play solo.So, how to solo dungeons?

Only certain dungeon paths can be solo'd due to mechanics within the dungeon. I don't know definitively which ones because I don't solo dungeons. LFG still works for them though so maybe start using it to form groups.

Is it even possible or just too hard and not worth the time?

I don't think it's worth the time if you want to collect the armor, rather than just challenge yourself to do it solo.

Which profession will be most efficient?

Search Youtube for solo's and see what is the most used profession, I mostly see Elementalists and Warriors do solos, and try some out if you are determined to solo some dungeons.

I suspect that ranger and necro are the best candidates for this given their power in open world, but want to hear some opinions as well as some advice on gear and proper build. Also, can I use dungeon sets to gear alts or they become soulbound to the character who bought them?

Dungeon armor is Account bound on acquire, Soulbound on use, but you can just stockpile the tokens and buy on the character you wish to use the pieces on.

I'd also chime in here that PvP and WvW reward tracks would be a good way to 'solo' collect these armor/weapon sets, because you just need to play WvW rather than try to solo Dungeons or pug for groups.

@EpicName.4523@Haleydawn.3764 said:PvP and WvW reward tracks would be a good way to 'solo' collect these armor/weapon sets, because you just need to play WvW rather than try to solo Dungeons or pug for

The above is very useful. It takes approx 3 rounds of the PvP track (or less) to acquire one full set of any dungeon armor (each final chest has 1 piece and there are enough tokens throughout the rest of the track to buy the other pieces AND you also acquire exotic weps from the appropriate collection which are account bound and soulbound on use but can be thrown in MF or salvaged if you have no other use for them.

With regards to running dungeons, the best way of making/finding groups is to put in LFG and simply get on with other things within the game. Once you have a 3+ filled party, port to entrance of selected dungeon and continue. Since dungeons are not so popular (unless they are on the dailies list), there is no point in waiting around. Also - check dailies - dungeons come up every now and again which means you can get a few runs in that day. e.g. Twilight Arbor is today's daily.

Good luck.

Archived