'The Hunter' Alternate Title

@Linken.6345 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:lord slayer would also need to be changed into mistress slayer and every single hunter title, i would like it but is it worth it, that's the question.

lordess thank you very much.Its not master slayer and mistress slayer.

Technically it would be Lords and Ladies. You could be "Lady Killer" instead. Which has it's own connotations. This thread is meaningless to me.

@Linken.6345 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:lord slayer would also need to be changed into mistress slayer and every single hunter title, i would like it but is it worth it, that's the question.

I’m thinking it would actually be Lady as that is the counterpart to Lord (in reference to nobility). Lord and Lady.

So the correct title would be Lady Slayer. Not sure how well that would go over...

This reminds me of the sociology class I took when I was in my first year in university. My teacher was saying that the word “human” is sexist. Because if you break it up into two parts: hu and man. Hu is too close to a male name “Hugh” and man in her opinion meant male and not a more neutral indicator of humanity. She was 100% serious.

Some people just think too much into things.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:a person or animal that hunts.

It's not gender specific...

Neither is God as in God of PvP. Unfortunately Anet takes such baits seriously.

They should also consider "Leaves No Hero and/or Heroine and/or Gender Neutral Behind"

"Leaves no npc behind" works just as well.

Leaves no sentient being behindLeaves no animate objects unattended

I mean we could set some new bars for creative use of non-discriminatory and bland titles.Or we could all just stop, and realize its a game, and stop bringing ideologues 150% of the time.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:a person or animal that hunts.

It's not gender specific...

Neither is God as in God of PvP. Unfortunately Anet takes such baits seriously.

They should also consider "Leaves No Hero and/or Heroine and/or Gender Neutral Behind"

"Leaves no npc behind" works just as well.

Leaves no sentient being behindLeaves no animate objects unattended

I mean we could set some new bars for creative use of non-discriminatory and bland titles.Or we could all just stop, and realize its a game, and stop bringing ideologues 150% of the time.

Lots of things work well enough

@DeTechTive.9251 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:lord slayer would also need to be changed into mistress slayer and every single hunter title, i would like it but is it worth it, that's the question.

Technically it would be Lords and Ladies. You could be "Lady Killer" instead. Which has it's own connotations. This thread is meaningless to me.

How did I not see this when I wrote my post. Great minds think alike.

@Linken.6345 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:lord slayer would also need to be changed into mistress slayer and every single hunter title, i would like it but is it worth it, that's the question.

i have never ever heard of lordess...is that even a word....i avoided the lady part of obvious reason

@"Donari.5237" said:Rather than auto change, why not just unlock both versions for anyone that achieves a title-giving feat? Personally I feel it's a bit outdated to suggest that being female and doing something means it needs to be pointed out "oh look it's a WOMAN version of the exact same skills" but I'm not hung up on it and it would probably make a lot of people happy.

However, I think that once unlocked in both versions, either version should be available to a character. Those who feel matching noun to gender matters can do so, those that want the flexibility of mix and match can apply the version they prefer.

I'm with you on that, to me it's archaic and pointless. I mean we don't (thankfully) have Doctors and Doctresses, Teachers and Teacheresses, Police Detectivesses, and so on. Gender shouldn't be relevant or have to be flagged like that.

That said adding and unlocking both forms of a title shouldn't be a problem for ArenaNet. Let people choose whichever they want to use.

@sorudo.9054 said:

i have never ever heard of lordess...is that even a word....i avoided the lady part of obvious reason

It was more a play on words that people want ess added to everything hunteress, godess etc.Just sticking mistress there that have nothing to do with the other word your refering to is just as bad imo.

Archived