Sword Ability 2 and Shield Ability 4

zoopop.5630

refraction Cutter- Needs to be buff/tweaked it does almost no damage at all, and on top of hardly doing any damage it's pretty hard to land UNLESS someone right in front of you. This skill doesn't make any sense to use at all unless it's for a field combo with water turret or something along that line imo, On top of that the cool down on it pretty long for a skill with no real damage to it at all.

Magnetic Shield - Everything about this ability is pretty straight forward and ON point besides the "radius" which is only 180. It's WAY to small and hardly gets landed on during big scale battles during conquest. Imo the radius should be buffed to AT least 300 to make it a lot more useful to actually "push" people back during fights other then that the skill pretty solid.

I personally think with those 2 skills needs some sort of buff/tweaks they'll make playing sword/shield a lot better for a majority of people, however that's my thoughts on the 2 abilities from sword/shield. I'm up for discussion/debate on weather you guys agree or disagree.

@"zoopop.5630" said:refraction Cutter- Needs to be buff/tweaked it does almost no damage at all, and on top of hardly doing any damage it's pretty hard to land UNLESS someone right in front of you. This skill doesn't make any sense to use at all unless it's for a field combo with water turret or something along that line imo, On top of that the cool down on it pretty long for a skill with no real damage to it at all.

Magnetic Shield - Everything about this ability is pretty straight forward and ON point besides the "radius" which is only 180. It's WAY to small and hardly gets landed on during big scale battles during conquest. Imo the radius should be buffed to AT least 300 to make it a lot more useful to actually "push" people back during fights other then that the skill pretty solid.

I personally think with those 2 skills needs some sort of buff/tweaks they'll make playing sword/shield a lot better for a majority of people, however that's my thoughts on the 2 abilities from sword/shield. I'm up for discussion/debate on weather you guys agree or disagree.

I'll be honest I've actually been getting solid performance from sword 2. If you have heat ramped up a bit you can do a very quick sword 3 into sword 2 combo and it'll burst squishier enemies pretty hard. I wouldn't mind buffs to it though.

Shield 4 I'd like to see the radius increase a bit. That'd be a nice little buff to give engi more influence on the area around them when they spec into shield.

@Ario.8964 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:refraction Cutter- Needs to be buff/tweaked it does almost no damage at all, and on top of hardly doing any damage it's pretty hard to land UNLESS someone right in front of you. This skill doesn't make any sense to use at all unless it's for a field combo with water turret or something along that line imo, On top of that the cool down on it pretty long for a skill with no real damage to it at all.

I'll be honest I've actually been getting solid performance from sword 2. If you have heat ramped up a bit you can do a very quick sword 3 into sword 2 combo and it'll burst squishier enemies pretty hard. I wouldn't mind buffs to it though.

Shield 4 I'd like to see the radius increase a bit. That'd be a nice little buff to give engi more influence on the area around them when they spec into shield.

Ya it’s what I do at times but majority of meta players and classes aren’t squishy lol unless it’s a thief or burst ele.

Ya hopefully they look into cuz 180.... is rather stupidly small and almost useless lol.

@Ario.8964 said:

I'd say I only see good damage coming out of Sword 2 when I have ECSU traited and I'm over 100 heat. Even then, the damage is only good if I'm point blank on this person so every hit lands. It'd be nice to see better power scaling and the projectiles have some tracking.

Shield 4 definitely needs a better radius on magnetic inversion. 180 is simply not enough for something that's supposed to "explode" outward.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I'd say I only see good damage coming out of Sword 2 when I have ECSU traited and I'm over 100 heat. Even then, the damage is only good if I'm point blank on this person so every hit lands. It'd be nice to see better power scaling and the projectiles have some tracking.

Shield 4 definitely needs a better radius on magnetic inversion. 180 is simply not enough for something that's supposed to "explode" outward.

Tracking on projectiles would be a nice change to the skill.

@JETWING.2759 said:Why do use sword if already has PF???Is the worst weapon set made...

Least skill #2 could be a ranged burst. And skill #3 a gap/escape more effective (both scaling their range with heat level).

because Sword>pistol in almost everything when it comes to playing holo. Better field combo + cleave power.

Archived