Ascended Gear - 2 Separate Sets question

I have a complete armor set, including weapons of Zolja’s ascended items. I want to keep these, but also want to craft another set with Viper stats. I’m stuck and can’t figure out how to discover (?) this inscription recipe, I have the armor and weapons ready to make but need the inscriptions and insignias. I’m a master huntsman, weaponsmith, tailor and leathersmith. Please direct me to a guide(s) or someone who could provide this information?

Protip: If you craft a basic easy/cheap core stat ascended you can Mystic Forge it into Vipers with only an exotic inscription.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge#Equipment_and_upgrade_components

So you can craft an Ascended Cleric's weapon/armor and mystic Forge it into Vipers with only an exotic Viper's inscription(and 5 ectos, and an Anthology of Heros). If you don't have a bunch of fulgurites sitting around this is typically much easier/cheaper.

One other block not stated yet is that you require the Recipes to craft Ascended Viper's Gear. Just having the Insignia/Inscription isn't enough, as the final items are not crafted via Discovery.

Viper's Armour Recipe Book contains the recipes required to craft Viper's gear straight out. As such, it is advised, as above, to instead craft a cheaper option, one that you preferably already have unlocked, and simply stat-swap the gear with an Exotic Viper's Orichalcum Inscription/Gossamer Insignia.

@"TarkaTarquol.4856" said:One other block not stated yet is that you require the Recipes to craft Ascended Viper's Gear. Just having the Insignia/Inscription isn't enough, as the final items are not crafted via Discovery.

That is true for all ascended, not just Viper's. They all require learning via recipe sheets.

Viper's Armour Recipe Book contains the recipes required to craft Viper's gear straight out. As such, it is advised, as above, to instead craft a cheaper option, one that you preferably already have unlocked, and simply stat-swap the gear with an Exotic Viper's Orichalcum Inscription/Gossamer Insignia.

The recipe sheets can be bought on the TP. For weapons they are fairly cheap. For armor it can cost a few gold. Stat swapping does have the advantage of saving you from having to make Fulgurite.

Archived