QOL: "Rich" Vein resets

Could we please have rich veins reset at standard daily reset time rather than every one being on individual 24h timers? When you need resources and would prefer mine them rather than shell out gold for them it can be kind of a pain trying to remember when exactly you mined the node yesterday to where it'll reset.

@Devildoc.6721 said:Could we please have rich veins reset at standard daily reset time rather than every one being on individual 24h timers? When you need resources and would prefer mine them rather than shell out gold for them it can be kind of a pain trying to remember when exactly you mined the node yesterday to where it'll reset.

Oh please. Can everything just go on the daily reset!? 5pm Pacific, BOOM start again. It'd be so nice.

We've been suggesting this since launch. Not only has ANet never explained why some nodes require both reset and a minimum amount of time (while others don't), they have used the same mechanic for other nodes in the game.

The one concession they made was to clean up a few open world chests that shared cooldowns (so you'd open a chest in Xyz, and you'd be unable to open a similar one in Abc).

That is: I would like to see the system be simpler, but I stopped holding my breath 5 years ago.

The strange thing is that I've seen them reset at the daily reset time one day and another reset based on the time I farmed them from the last day. I've seen them not allow me to farm them for almost two days in some rare cases and in rarer cases some plant farms have allowed me to farm them twice a day. There is one wandering rich mithril node on Silverwastes that says it's a rich node but when I farm it one time it's gone. It's like it's mislabeled. It has to take up server resources keeping track of who has farmed what and when. Resetting it all at the daily reset eliminates them from having to track time on that or calculating when to reset them. I'm sure doing those time calculations does affect the servers somewhat. It's like a web browser cache; when the cache gets to full the browser slows down because it's calculating expire times on items (file by file) in the browser cache. It's faster just to clear it one go.

I still think their having some nodes (but not others) having reset times that include a minimum time is whack. Especially if that minimum is close to/at 24 hours. What are you saving? After a couple of days your harvests/day evens out anyway so you are just burning computer resources and annoying players.

A compromise could be to have them reset every 21 hours instead. Sure, for the players who are willing to precisely time it and get up in the middle of the night, they would get in 1 extra harvest a week. But for the vast majority who play time may vary by an hour or two each day, it means I can harvest those at my normal time even if my harvesting yesterday was a bit late for whatever reason.

Yeah, I just never could understand why they do not just reset all nodes at reset since you can only harvest once a day anyway. Who cares if someone harvests shortly before reset then shortly after? The first time they waited almost an entire day before harvesting. The nodes we buy in S3/S4 do not work that way: you can do some of the story, buy the node, go home and farm it, do some exploring in the new zone, then go home and farm it again.

Archived