I... I don't see the point of the gathering tools change...

Oglaf.1074

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Well it gives a reason to buy the no frills gathering tools set now.

I can pay
1800 gems for a set and apply the skin I want instead of paying 3000 gems for a set.

But you'd have to buy the expensive set for their glyphs, too...Or get them from blacklion chests, true.I think you're missing the point. Anet's point is not to make it cheaper for you. The reason for a change is because the tools aren't equal. Some offer better bonuses than others. Before, you had to choose - do you want the animation you like, or do you want the good gathering bonus? Now you don't need to - you can put the bonus on the set you like best.

This is the change that has been asked for before.

or buy them on the TP

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have bought 2 sets of infinite tools, I have also just bought alot of gems today to buy other items, but I am sad they implemented this change.

I have spent and will continue to spend alot of money on this game but I feel this is a rather cheap money grab.

If it goes the direction I think it may go, I will stop playing.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Well it gives a reason to buy the no frills gathering tools set now.

I can pay
1800 gems for a set and apply the skin I want instead of paying 3000 gems for a set.

But you'd have to buy the expensive set for their glyphs, too...Or get them from blacklion chests, true.I think you're missing the point. Anet's point is not to make it cheaper for you. The reason for a change is because the tools aren't equal. Some offer better bonuses than others. Before, you had to choose - do you want the animation you like, or do you want the good gathering bonus? Now you don't need to - you can put the bonus on the set you like best.

Forgive me for not jumping for joy at the prospect of things gated behind loot box gambling. Further more, you’d still have to outright buy most of the special tools for their Glyph; they are not in the chests.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I can pay

Forgive me for not jumping for joy at the prospect of things gated behind loot box gambling. Further more, you’d still have to outright buy most of the special tools for their Glyph; they are not in the chests.

I think you have to understand that Anet isn't going to change things that will make them less money. They still want to sell you unlimited tools and having a more flexible skins/effects/bonus system is how they are going to do it. They care little if an individual player thinks glyphs are too much or locked in BLC's. I count us LUCKY that we can swap a tool with a glyph we prefer between characters with shared INV slots or buy the glyphs in the TP at all ... There are lots of smart compromises here and they FAVOUR the players.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:The point is that i can finally return to my original Molten Set and give it the boon of my Unbound Magic Tools

This. I made this suggestion some time ago and recently again. It's that I love my mine-r-trons, but love the profit from the Watchwork pick more. Combining the ability from Watchwork with Mine-r-Tron's appearance is a total win!

@Obtena.7952 said:

I can pay

I think you have to understand that Anet isn't going to change things that will make them less money. They still want to sell you unlimited tools and having a more flexible skins/effects/bonus system is how they are going to do it. They care little if an individual player thinks glyphs are too much or locked in BLC's. I count us LUCKY that we can swap a tool with a glyph we prefer between characters with shared INV slots or buy the glyphs in the TP at all ... There are lots of smart compromises here and they FAVOUR the players.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

I’m not against Anet making money with premium content, quite the opposite. I’m against gambling. Gambling is never in the “favour if the players”. Get outta here with that Stockholm Syndrome nonsense.

Great upgrade for a guy like me who had multiple sets of tools with different animations. I collect the animations I like but I wouldn't buy the same tool twice. Maybe I want to use the molten mining pick skin on three characters. Now I can. That to me, is another way to customize my character. I'm pretty much drowning in transmutation charges just now (I have over 1100) so that part isn't an issue for me.

And the advent of the leather and cloth farming will eventually start affected mat prices, if it hasn't already.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I mean, what is the point? Instead of juggling the tools around my characters, I juggle the glyphs...?

There are new glyphs that none of the tools have available, so that is the point.

Also, glad one can change the tools' appearance, because some models gather faster than others, or one might dislike one tool's sound etc.

I just want the special, unbreakable tools to be an account-wide thing already.

Agreed. It would be need to not have to constantly juggle them between characters.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I can pay

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

I’m not against Anet making money with premium content, quite the opposite. I’m against gambling. Gambling is
never
in the “favour if the players”. Get outta here with that Stockholm Syndrome nonsense.

The new glyphs in the TP are already comparable to the cost of buying tools in the gem store in the past, and that's with the initial high prices. There is no need to 'gamble' when glyphs can be purchased directly for less cost than what they were in the gem store.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I don't see the point of pretending to hesitate in written text.

Forum-writing isn't really formal written text. It's more like sitting around with some mates shooting the breeze, and so people find ways to express the same extra things they can express with their voices - dramatic ... pauses; um, er, hesitations; emphasis stress on important words; and so on.

This is a massive improvement over the old system. 'Regular' permanent tools were a waste of money before compared to Unbound, Dog and Watchwork tools because they didn't offer bonuses. Now, by essentially splitting bonuses and skins, you still have incentive to buy whatever skin you like AND be making your gold back gradually in bonus items.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I don't see the point of pretending to hesitate in written text.

Forum-writing isn't really formal written text. It's more like sitting around with some mates shooting the breeze, and so people find ways to express the same extra things they can express with their voices - dramatic ... pauses; um, er, hesitations; emphasis stress on
important
words; and so on.

So there isn't a point. I knew it.

I never realized some people bought more than one set of infinite harvesting tools.

I was hoping for true account bound tools though, as a quality of life upgrade, so you could equip them on all characters without the need to swap them around. But I guess they went the completely opposite direction and I was reminded that "it won't happen since people pay for that QoL" via shared inventory amongst other things.

I guess I'm just a dreamer when I wanted one set of account bound infinite harvesting tools to be easily used by all my characters without buying extra stuff from the gemstore, for "convenience", of course.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:I don't see the point of pretending to hesitate in written text.

Forum-writing isn't really formal written text. It's more like sitting around with some mates shooting the breeze, and so people find ways to express the same extra things they can express with their voices - dramatic ... pauses; um, er, hesitations; emphasis stress on
important
words; and so on.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I mean, what is the point? Instead of juggling the tools around my characters, I juggle the glyphs...? I just want the special, unbreakable tools to be an account-wide thing already.

If there is something I am missing here, do enlighten me please.

Just some little fun options for gathering. You can buy the effects with karma if you want. Or you can just buy the same tools you always have and do what you have always done.No harm, no foul. Just more options.Your thread title though is pure cringe.

Archived