Suggestion: Transfer reversal

X T D.6458

Just a random idea I had, I am sure others have had this as well. It is not something I plan to use and I don't know if it would be super useful after world restructuring but here goes.

If a player wants to transfer to a new world, but finds that they do not like it would it be possible to add a sort of grace period that allows them to transfer back to their last home world within 1 week for example without having to buy more gems.

1 week grace periodNo gem refund for the initial transfer, but moving back to the original homeworld (as long as it is open) would be free within the 1 week timeframe.An account limit of 1 time per year to prevent constant transfers.

I'd support a no gem grace period, so long as the pip penalty still remained in place even if the person transfered back after a week. I feel there still needs to be some consequences for personal decisions, especially when bulk personal decisions could affect others game play the next week.

But yes, I'm not sure what restructure would do to this idea, but, in the current state of wvw it seems valid.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I'd support a no gem grace period, so long as the pip penalty still remained in place even if the person transfered back after a week. I feel there still needs to be some consequences for personal decisions, especially when bulk personal decisions could affect others game play the next week.

But yes, I'm not sure what restructure would do to this idea, but, in the current state of wvw it seems valid.

Well you still have to wait a week before you are considered a citizen of a new server, so the pip penalty should still be in effect.

@Seffen.2875 said:

@Nitrosiili.5628 said:Or how about staying in your world what you picked from the start the whole time you have played GW2?

Yeah, how about no?

There are plenty reasons to Change a world (especially for WvW). So why would you want me to stay if i don't want to stay?Then how about staying on the new world?

Giving grace periods for this is as pointless as grace periods on binding a legendary. You made the choice to transfer. If you want to trial another world, then create a new account on that world instead. Its free.

@X T D.6458 said:Just a random idea I had, I am sure others have had this as well. It is not something I plan to use and I don't know if it would be super useful after world restructuring but here goes.

If a player wants to transfer to a new world, but finds that they do not like it would it be possible to add a sort of grace period that allows them to transfer back to their last home world within 1 week for example without having to buy more gems.

1 week grace periodNo gem refund for the initial transfer, but moving back to the original homeworld (as long as it is open) would be free within the 1 week timeframe.An account limit of 1 time per year to prevent constant transfers.

To my understanding, worlds will cease to exist in exchange for the guild alliance system. The devs will probably not change how the current transfer system works because it will be gone soon anyway.

@Dirdyy.1648 said:

There are plenty reasons to Change a world (especially for WvW).

For more detail i translate this:

Top 4 Reason for transfer:
  1. bandwagoner
  2. bandwagoner
  3. bandwagoner
  4. something else

1. Joining a certain guild.
  2. Joining your friends. (Make new friends and join them)
  3. Looking for a certain type of Server (Nightcap, blob, fight)
  4. Being fed up with the Server you are on

Are you all really that dull? there are many more reasons to leave a Server. From time to time i start changing Servers quite often just to try out others and see if i can find one that fits my Needs. And naturally i don#t go into T1 because i don't like blobbing much.

Imho this is completely fine.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Just a random idea I had, I am sure others have had this as well. It is not something I plan to use and I don't know if it would be super useful after world restructuring but here goes.

To my understanding, worlds will cease to exist in exchange for the guild alliance system. The devs will probably not change how the current transfer system works because it will be gone soon anyway.

Current worlds will.

New worlds will be created every 8 week Season, with people having the option still to transfer to a world mid Season.

I agree, sometimes people transfer thinking they gonna be around cool people when actually those cool people take getting defeated personal. Guess it is best to stay on one server.

About 6 months ago (won't Necro a thread) I posted about a 'trial transfer' where it would be allowed only Sunday through Wednesday, three days only, where by the end of that, either you would lose the gems, or transfer back to the world you left.

The idea was to let people test the waters, but minimize the potential for gaming..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"X T D.6458" said:Just a random idea I had, I am sure others have had this as well. It is not something I plan to use and I don't know if it would be super useful after world restructuring but here goes.

About 6 months ago (won't Necro a thread) I posted about a 'trial transfer' where it would be allowed only Sunday through Wednesday, three days only, where by the end of that, either you would lose the gems, or transfer back to the world you left.

The idea was to let people test the waters, but minimize the potential for gaming..

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16209/trial-transfer#latest

Here is the link... Not skilled enough to make it an actual link..,

@"X T D.6458" said:If a player wants to transfer to a new world, but finds that they do not like it would it be possible to add a sort of grace period that allows them to transfer back to their last home world within 1 week for example without having to buy more gems.

First, why should ANet spend any energy tweaking the current system when it's going to be replaced by the Great WvW Restructuring of 2018? Changing guilds is (and will be) free; guilds will be able to change alliances for free. The world transfer system is going to be moot.

But even if that's not true, part of the reason for the high costs is to discourage people from playing the bandwagoning game of "let's see if the grass is greener". Part of the purpose is to help maintain stability of population/membership. Reducing the consequences of transferring makes it more likely that people will move more often. How is that good for the game as a whole?

Obviously, this is a great benefit for the indecisive. I just don't think it does anything to benefit WvW.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@X T D.6458 said:If a player wants to transfer to a new world, but finds that they do not like it would it be possible to add a sort of grace period that allows them to transfer back to their last home world within 1 week for example without having to buy more gems.

First, why should ANet spend any energy tweaking the current system when it's going to be replaced by the Great WvW Restructuring of 2018? Changing guilds is (and will be) free; guilds will be able to change alliances for free. The world transfer system is going to be moot.

Obviously, this is a great benefit for the indecisive. I just don't think it does anything to benefit WvW.

It will be a free 'transfer' every 8 weeks. Transferring worlds will still be a thing, though likely less prevalent.

The point of world transfers won't be moot.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@X T D.6458 said:If a player wants to transfer to a new world, but finds that they do not like it would it be possible to add a sort of grace period that allows them to transfer back to their last home world within 1 week for example without having to buy more gems.

It will be a free 'transfer' every 8 weeks. Transferring worlds will still be a thing, though likely less prevalent.

Heck yea, id transfer to play against a group. Esp the groups with cranial rectitis. I really hope we get them in one huge alliance, because that would be super convenient for me.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

Heck yea, id transfer to play against a group. Esp the groups with cranial rectitis. I really hope we get them in one huge alliance, because that would be super convenient for me.

For that type of 'transfer' you would pay a gem fee.

But yeah... that could be fun.., :smile:

The 'free' transfer I mentioned would be the 8 week reorganization that would take place.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

For that type of 'transfer' you would pay a gem fee.

But yeah... that could be fun.., :smile:

The 'free' transfer I mentioned would be the 8 week reorganization that would take place.

It sounds pretty cool man. what I am hoping is that world map restructuring ensues also. But as for the 8 weeks, it seems like wvw will be more like pvp. I wonder if there will be some sort of acknowledgement for being a superstar group. Probably not, but we will see haha.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Current worlds will.

New worlds will be created every 8 week Season, with people having the option still to transfer to a world mid Season.

I had to go back to read it. That’s right.

Having said that, we don’t know what the transfer system will be so I’d suggest that we wait for more details.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Dont think I saw that, but yea similar ideas its essentially a one time trial period.

Archived