Request: Average time to kill calculations

lordhelmos.7623

I'm interested in average time to kills on a warrior target (no defensive passives, no adrenal health) with knight/paladin's amulets (1200 toughness) vs. power for meta builds

and

average time to kill on a warrior (no defensive passives, no adrenal health) target with barbarians (1200 vitality) vs. condition for meta builds

compared to

average time to kill on the same target with a berserker's amulet

The point of this is to determine the true value of vitality and toughness (in seconds).

@lordhelmos.7623 said:I'm interested in average time to kills on a warrior target (no defensive passives, no adrenal health) with knight/paladin's amulets (1200 toughness) vs. power for meta builds

and

average time to kill on a warrior (no defensive passives, no adrenal health) target with barbarians (1200 vitality) vs. condition for meta builds

compared to

The point of this is to determine the true value of vitality and toughness (in seconds).

Just stick to demolisher if you are playing warrior . You wont be mistaken . Condi builds almost doesnt exist. Scourge and occasional mirage players.

i play a warrior build with discipline strength and spellbreaker with either demolisher or marauder amulet depends on the enemy im facing. And as utilities i use signet of might balanced stance and bulls charge. So i basicly play without any endure pain or defense trait line. The survivability is pretty good you only have to change your playstyle. You cant tank anything. try to stay out of big bombs (but that is the same with normal warrior) and use your balance stance wisely DON'T take to high risks if it's on cooldown. The biggest counter to this build are thiefs especially deadeyes so try to avoid those.

@Odik.4587 said:

@lordhelmos.7623 said:I'm interested in average time to kills on a warrior target (no defensive passives, no adrenal health) with knight/paladin's amulets (1200 toughness) vs. power for meta builds

and

compared to

Just stick to demolisher if you are playing warrior . You wont be mistaken . Condi builds almost doesnt exist. Scourge and occasional mirage players.

I don't think he is asking if you should use demolishers amulet on warrior or not. I think he wants to know how effective defensive amulets are and what would be the difference if you just used zerker amulet instead.

I can't provide the exact numbers but it doesn't really matter when you go against high damage burst skills. Power GS mesmer and FA Ele still kill you in a second or so, regardless if you have 1200 toughness or vitality.

The value is low, because in this game the damage is prevented mainly by active skills: dodge, stealth, block, blind, etc. Also if hard to guess a time, because in reality the target can end killing you.

@lordhelmos.7623 said:

Minimal because of how much absurd burst there is in the game. As soon as the other team realizes you aren't running EP/Defense traitline, they'll just bait your block and dodges and instagib you. A decent power shatter mesmer can literally global you every single time, every 12 seconds or so.

Also, running a build like that significantly reduces your ability to contribute to a match in a manner that would actually be beneficial. You're essentially a thief with worse burst and less mobility; can't reliably 1vN; have no sustain or damage mitigation for teamfights; STILL have no stability to stomping in teamfights; etc.

Warrior already isn't meta with our best build. Why further gimp yourself? Just play revenant.

Look I don't play warrior. I only chose warrior for the test because its the meatiest target with the highest base vitality and health. I wanted to basically know, how easy is it to one shot the highest defensive setup in the game without them using any CDs to show just how pathetic defensive stats are.

@lordhelmos.7623 said:Look I don't play warrior. I only chose warrior for the test because its the meatiest target with the highest base vitality and health. I wanted to basically know, how easy is it to one shot the highest defensive setup in the game without them using any CDs to show just how pathetic defensive stats are.

dude have you even played gw2 PvP?

if no defensive cooldowns are used (including auto proc) everything dies in seconds. toughness hasn't been relevant since before HoT.

like, back when I played I could insta kill on both gunflame and my DH build. like make people go splat in one combo if they didn't pop anything.

we have things like Holo and power Mes atm (both far better than meme gunflame). any build will die to those, or any other comparable damage build in seconds if no CDs are popped.

doing 20k+ damage is not an issue w two expansions of powercreep.

@lordhelmos.7623 said:Look I don't play warrior. I only chose warrior for the test because its the meatiest target with the highest base vitality and health. I wanted to basically know, how easy is it to one shot the highest defensive setup in the game without them using any CDs to show just how pathetic defensive stats are.

You might want to update your original post to clarify your goal.

Archived