Game Restarting Computer.

I just came back to Guild Wars 2. I decided to start a Norn and get familiar with the game again. I had no issues with the game for almost a day. I decided to create a Human Character and try a different class. The human starting area instantly glitched out the sound and windows just restarted. I reloaded the game and right as the character logged in again the screen went white and the computer restarted again. I lowered the Video settings and was able to play for about 20 mins before the issue started again. I found the issue is occurring at max grafix settings or minimal settings. There was no error message and the computer didn't freeze it just restarted. My computer is newer. I have an MSI Titan GT73VR. It has an Nvidia 1070, Intel I7-6820HK, 16 GB ram, and 64 bit windows 10 pro. This is the first game I have had any issues with. I have looked through the support documents and I can't seem to find a fix for the issue.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Okay, I really am not one to complain but ever since SAB was loaded my game has become unbearable. First it was unusually high pings and almost no fps to now disconnecting every 5 minutes. The game is unplayable right now, and no I have never had or used any third party software in my game. What's going on?

Thank you for the suggestion! I am trying that now. The game only crashed twice yesterday. This morning I am trying to complete some of my personal story and it keeps crashing inside the instance. I have submitted a ticket and they requested 2 files for me to send in.

Have any of you had a crash that does not create a ArenaNet.log?

The crash I am having restarts the computer and no log file is created. I am guessing this is due to the game restarting the computer and not kicking me to windows with an error message.

If the computer restarts, it is usually some kind of hardware malfunction that is triggered by GW2. It's no problem within GW2. You might want to check properly updated drivers of your computer, and the RAM (run Windows memory diagnosis). Since this is a notebook, there should be no compatibility issues between hardware components, but you may perhaps experience overheating. Since GW2 is a very CPU-intensive game, the CPU gets very hot - if the cooling system of the notebook is not able to properly blow the heat out, you might experience lock ups and restarts.

Archived