New to GuildWars2, Looking for help!!!

ferf.4283

Are you on a US or EU server? There's no way to play with people outside of your region, so if you want to find someone to actually play with we'll need to know which one you're on.

The other option is to join a guild focused on helping new and returning players. There's quite a few around and they often advertise in low level maps, or you can ask in the Looking for Guild section of the forum.

We're looking for a Necro. The effort I put in is the same as I expect to be put back. My biggest requirement is to be active(3 days a week and at least 2 hour settings).If interested, shoot me an in game mail and I'll send an invite. Being on SoS isn't much of a big deal right now due to upcoming changes. We WvW alot but on Devona's Rest.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23803/tactical-killers-tk#latest

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:We're looking for a Necro. The effort I put in is the same as I expect to be put back. My biggest requirement is to be active(3 days a week and at least 2 hour settings).If interested, shoot me an in game mail and I'll send an invite. Being on SoS isn't much of a big deal right now due to upcoming changes. We WvW alot but on Devona's Rest.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23803/tactical-killers-tk#latest

I'm mostly looking for someone to level with, also i don't think you're on my server/realm? I'm on sea of sorrows

@ferf.4283 said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:We're looking for a Necro. The effort I put in is the same as I expect to be put back. My biggest requirement is to be active(3 days a week and at least 2 hour settings).If interested, shoot me an in game mail and I'll send an invite. Being on SoS isn't much of a big deal right now due to upcoming changes. We WvW alot but on Devona's Rest.

I'm mostly looking for someone to level with, also i don't think you're on my server/realm? I'm on sea of sorrows

Server: Correct, we can't WvW together but SoS is an NA server and we can PvE together via MegaServer.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:We're looking for a Necro. The effort I put in is the same as I expect to be put back. My biggest requirement is to be active(3 days a week and at least 2 hour settings).If interested, shoot me an in game mail and I'll send an invite. Being on SoS isn't much of a big deal right now due to upcoming changes. We WvW alot but on Devona's Rest.

Server: Correct, we can't WvW together but SoS is an NA server and we can PvE together via MegaServer.

I have no idea what you're talking about lol, i'm new, don't have any knowledge of terminology

@ferf.4283 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:We're looking for a Necro. The effort I put in is the same as I expect to be put back. My biggest requirement is to be active(3 days a week and at least 2 hour settings).If interested, shoot me an in game mail and I'll send an invite. Being on SoS isn't much of a big deal right now due to upcoming changes. We WvW alot but on Devona's Rest.

I have no idea what you're talking about lol, i'm new, don't have any knowledge of terminology

That means "We can't play World vs World together but Sea of Sorrows is a North American server so we can play Player vs Environment activities together via Megaserver."

World vs World is large scale Player vs Player (PvP). You fight for your server, so you can't play with people who are on a different one. Anet are considering changing that in future, but we don't know when.

For Player vs Environment maps (the open-world maps, story missions, things where you're not fighting other players) your server doesn't matter. All servers in the same region (North America or Europe) are connected via a system called mega-servers. They share maps so you can meet up with people from any server in your region and play with them exactly as if they're on your server.

(If you ever form a party or squad with someone and you can't find them in the game you can right click their picture and select 'Join in [map name]' to move to the copy of the map they're on. You have to be in the same area of the game world to do it though, if you're in Queensdale and they're in Wayfarer Foothills it won't work, it's only to move you between copies of the same map.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

That means "We can't play World vs World together but Sea of Sorrows is a North American server so we can play Player vs Environment activities together via Megaserver."

World vs World is large scale Player vs Player (PvP). You fight for your server, so you can't play with people who are on a different one. Anet are considering changing that in future, but we don't know when.

For Player vs Environment maps (the open-world maps, story missions, things where you're not fighting other players) your server doesn't matter. All servers in the same region (North America or Europe) are connected via a system called mega-servers. They share maps so you can meet up with people from any server in your region and play with them exactly as if they're on your server.

(If you ever form a party or squad with someone and you can't find them in the game you can right click their picture and select 'Join in [map name]' to move to the copy of the map they're on. You have to be in the same area of the game world to do it though, if you're in Queensdale and they're in Wayfarer Foothills it won't work, it's only to move you between copies of the same map.)

Gotchya thanks so muchNot really looking for a guild yet, too early for something like that.Just looking for someone to level with on discord. Thanks again for clarifying :)

Ferf, I'm neither experienced enough nor on voice enough to help with your request, but you may find this helpful, a collection of tips on things that aren't made clear to new players:Welcome to Tyria, a Handbook of Tips for New Players

It includes infor on 'mega-servers,' as explained above. A shorter version is: for almost everything in the game, it doesn't matter which server you're on, since they can all play together. The exception, for now, is WvW, a particular kind of world pvp.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I have since finding it a couple months ago.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Ringlin.1863 said:The exception, for now, is WvW, a particular kind of world pvp.

Since "WvW" stands for "World versus World", well, obviously it is not playable in megaserver aka "worlds don't matter" mode...

Since the megaserver nature of GW2 was confusing to the OP in the earlier comment about WvW vs other activities, this is a pretty good summary:@Ringlin.1863 said:for almost everything in the game, it doesn't matter which server you're on, since [you and anyone else you like] can all play together.

And it is good for newcomers to know that WvW is an exception to that rule.

Enjoy!

@Ringlin.1863 said:

@Ringlin.1863 said:The exception, for now, is WvW, a particular kind of world pvp.

Since "WvW" stands for "World versus World", well, obviously it is not playable in megaserver aka "worlds don't matter" mode...

Since the megaserver nature of GW2 was confusing to the OP in the earlier comment about WvW vs other activities, this is a pretty good summary:@Ringlin.1863 said:for almost everything in the game, it doesn't matter which server you're on, since [you and anyone else you like] can all play together.

And it is good for newcomers to know that WvW is an exception to that rule.

Enjoy!

Also they need to state another posing problem of a split, NA/EU(North America/Europe). This is the region you select to play on when creating your account. NA/EU cannot play together in any game mode.

Archived