How do you manage your inventory?

Shared slots (mistlock key, salvage machines, repair canisters, how to dance, some keys, etc)

Invisible bag(s) (Alt equipment, mission items, consumables for the character)

Starter bag (usually empty, many special items for achievements, story and collections on my main girl)

Equipment bag

Crafting bag

Junk bag

Copper and silver salvage tools and my Lily of the Elon pass are in my shared inventory slots for now. My 32 slot bag is my top bag. I keep my portal tomes/portal stones, portable provisioner, things like Fire Elemental Powder, and other little gadgets (including tonics and toys) in that. All of my extra gear (mostly just extra weapons and trinkets) goes into my Fractal Equipment bag, and any exotics I get as drops end up there, too. Everything else goes wherever it pleases until I decide to sift through it.

All my character's inventories are organized in this order, aligned to the end (to insert new items at the start):

• Shared slots storing utilities (salvaging especially) and funstuff + 3 free slots for quick transfer between characters.
  • Empty slots fetching new items
  • Soulbound specifics
  • Event specifics
  • Special daily items
  • Materials I have full stacks of in my bank (and won't be sent there if I move all materials into the bank), ordered by rarity and then "similar" as the bank. Sold when they reach 250 items since I don't craft stuff.
  • Luck, all consumed when any reaches 250 (leaving 1 of each stack to fetch new instances into the right spot)
  • Junk (as fetched by the oiled bag), not visible without scrolling due to the inventory window size (will simply sell it to a vendor at once)

On my main, it'll look like this currently: There are two empty slots at the end because I stomped together Bloodstone Bricks and Empyreal Stars from the raw materials stored there.qfl1eyZ.jpg

Shared slots at the top (copperfed, mystic, lily of elon, portal scroll, selection of tonics/toys).Invisible bag at the bottom (for alternate weapons and occasional story item I want to keep, on non-main characters some piles of 250 of things).Everything in between is where the slowly expanding wad of clutter lives.Rare/exotic items that I'm not in the mood to figure out what to do with yet, crafting materials whose storage slot has reached the cap and I haven't dealt with yet, things like unfinished book items that I have to go back to get the last pages of some day, those "choose a reward" type chests that I haven't been able to make myself choose yet, 1-3 rare runes waiting for a 4th (because mystic forging them is fun), skins that have been added to wardrobe on acquire but still have a physical item that could save me a single transmutation charge some day...

Yeah I wouldn't model your method off mine...

And this isn't even touching on my overflowing bank/guild bank slots...

@"Samnang.1879" said:I have inventory management disorder; everything must go before I log off the game. I don't like seeing useless items in my inventory or bank. I delete all tonics/potions etc as I never use them.

I have 21 characters, 4 of which are mesmers, 1chronotank, 1offchrono, 1 mirage, 1 fractal chrono. and all their inventory more or less look like this; empty and clean.QU3io4F.jpg

This is my bank, I wish it was 0... I hate the portal scroll, once all my 21 characters have wp for those maps I will delete the portal tomes and lily of elon etc... they annoy me so much! and anet needs to release the final 4 legendary weapons so I can use up the 4 maguuma things.r1iFc0G.png

I can't stand cluttered inventories and banks, i look at some ppl's inventories and i wanna kill myself.

lol nice! i am going to take a screenshot of my inventory and bank to kill you lol

1) 21 shared inventory slots-endless repair canister-fractal omnipotion-mistook sanctuary passkey-noble's folly passkey-Lilly of Elon Passkey-Endless merchant contract-Endless tradingpost express-Endless upgrade extractor-Permanent bank access express-A pile of teleport to friends-A pile of experience boosters.-A pile of each guild siege weapon-weapons that I frequently swap

2) Invisible 32 slot bag at the top.-Stack of power food-Stack of power utility-17 stacks of potions (1 for each mob type)-Various other junk I want near the top.

3) 8 regular 32 slot bags in the middle.-All the loot that just comes from playing.

4) Invisible 32 slot bag at the bottom.-Things I want to keep on me long-term, but not sell by mistake

Shared slots: Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey, both Salvage-o-Matics, Portable Provisioner (for wvw), Candy Corn Gobbler (for exp buffs), Collector's Edition Sandstorm (personal preference on portable merchant, also doesn't spawn an npc), and the Endless Friendship Tonic. Last slot is filled with whatever toy/tonic I feel like running with.

Actual inventory: Food/utility buffs, sometimes boosters and other gear to swap with. As for managing it, I just salvage/sell/delete anything that isn't buffs, gear, or quest items.

@Opopanax.1803 said:Wanted to hear how people manage their inventories.

[Distant, bitter hysterical crying]

Lots of bags, A dozen or so shared slots specifically for my Halo, Music Trinkets, a VIP access location ticket of choice, and my perm gathering tool set.

I do all the management manually.

@Samnang.1879 said:I have inventory management disorder; everything must go before I log off the game. I don't like seeing useless items in my inventory or bank. I delete all tonics/potions etc as I never use them.

I have 21 characters, 4 of which are mesmers, 1chronotank, 1offchrono, 1 mirage, 1 fractal chrono. and all their inventory more or less look like this; empty and clean.

Rocking back and forth in disbelief

@"Samnang.1879" said:I have inventory management disorder; everything must go before I log off the game. I don't like seeing useless items in my inventory or bank. I delete all tonics/potions etc as I never use them.

~snip~

This is my bank, I wish it was 0... I hate the portal scroll, once all my 21 characters have wp for those maps I will delete the portal tomes and lily of elon etc... they annoy me so much! and anet needs to release the final 4 legendary weapons so I can use up the 4 maguuma things.~snip~

I can't stand cluttered inventories and banks, i look at some ppl's inventories and i wanna kill myself.

You'd hate my inventories and bank then, they're all full of stuff, collectibles, Exotic Weapons and Armors, Superior Sigils and Runes, a few Ascended items...and things I just wanted to keep. So you don't like free Way Pointing?, which is basically the purpose of the Portal Scrolls and Tomes, finally figured out it saves a lot when moving around the world(not that I'm hard up for silver mind you, just like to do it on the cheap).

Personally though, I have max Shared Inventory slots with...stuff, mostly a few different Portal Scrolls and Portal Tomes, other items that can be shared, several different "kites" and a copper fed. Main character has max number of bag slots with a the 32 from Sunswept, 3 24's and the rest all 20's. The plan is to eventually equip all characters(11 at the moment) with all 20 slot bags in max bag slots...and yes, I will use all of that storage room eventually. I've even managed to turn one of my Guilds that I happen to be a leader of into a personal storage space, all 3 storage areas hold my items...no one else ever goes there and takes anything anymore(of course only a few log on anymore at all).

Archived