Confusion (Again)

AliamRationem.5172

Even if the on skill activation damage was 10x the current amount it would only be "decent". I think one problem with changing confusion is that they'd have to split player sourced confusion and enemy npc sourced confusion or they'd have to try to balance it. 10x the damage on skill activation sounds good until you realize that any enemy applying confusion is gonna wreck players.

Still, I think having a split between player and monster confusion and buffing player confusion on proc damage would be nice.Or at least make new enemy npcs that use a ton of activations, like unload or rapid fire or something. Instead of having mobs and bosses doing one slow, large damaging hit, have them do fast, multiple, low damage hits. That way, there could be a nice niche for confusion heavy builds (and then maybe adding more sources of confusion).

Mobs like that would reduce the usefulness of Aegis, though. But then again, there's a lot of mechanics that do multiple hits, including in raids and fractals, that reduce the usefulness of Aegis, yet it's not counted as sourced from the boss/mob, so is not counted as a skill activation.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:The REAL fix would be-better KI-more frequent attacks on mobs-less dmg on those attacks

....... You really think the better fix for confusion is to re-do every single mob in the game instead of simply applying a single fix to the condition itself? That's the opposite of a fix honestly. At this point you are bending the game to accommodate a condition that just fundamentally doesn't work in PvE.

Also, not all mobs should be the same: ie rapid fire, but weak, attacks. Its infinitely more fun to have a variety of mob types. Some attack fast, but weak attacks. Some attack very slowly, but deal large damage, some are in the middle etc...

@OriOri.8724 said:ie rapid fire, but weak, attacks. Its infinitely more fun to have a variety of mob types. Some attack fast, but weak attacks. Some attack very slowly, but deal large damage, > > some are in the middle etc...I don't even know what you are talking about. Confusion triggers on skill activation - not on hitting or dealing damage.An enemy using a channeled rapid fire attack should only trigger confusion once each activation.

The reason confusion is so drastically stronger in PvP is because players use a lot more instant skills and there's a number of traits that passively trigger skills which also counts as skill activation.

But yes, confusion needs to be fixed and not the PvE game even more streamlined.

@Bod.8261 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:ie rapid fire, but weak, attacks. Its infinitely more fun to have a variety of mob types. Some attack fast, but weak attacks. Some attack very slowly, but deal large damage, > > some are in the middle etc...I don't even know what you are talking about. Confusion triggers on skill activation - not on hitting or dealing damage.An enemy using a channeled rapid fire attack should only trigger confusion once each activation.

The reason confusion is so drastically stronger in PvP is because players use a lot more instant skills and there's a number of traits that passively trigger skills which also counts as skill activation.

But yes, confusion needs to be fixed and not the PvE game even more streamlined.

What are you even going on about?

@OriOri.8724 said:What are you even going on about?I was just pointing out that those enemies that players perceive as fast attackers will not trigger confusion that much because they may be using a channeled skill or AoE and even those that actually attack frequently still trigger confusion much less than players do thanks to instant activating skills and traits.

And sorry I just randomly quoted part of your post that wasn't even your point...

@Bod.8261 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:What are you even going on about?I was just pointing out that those enemies that players perceive as fast attackers will not trigger confusion that much because they may be using a channeled skill or AoE and even those that actually attack frequently still trigger confusion much less than players do thanks to instant activating skills and traits.

And sorry I just randomly quoted part of your post that wasn't even your point...

Again, what are you even going on about? Fast, but weak, attacks are not the same thing as channeled attacks. Nowhere did I mention channeled attacks, yet that is all you are focusing on. So, one last time, what on earth are you going on about?

@OriOri.8724 said:Again, what are you even going on about? Fast, but weak, attacks are not the same thing as channeled attacks.When I hear rapid fire attacks I immediately think of something like Bristlebacks or young Karka, not enemies with a fast auto-attack.

Most enemies have a mediocre to slow attack speed because single blocks and blinds, as well as dodges are supposed to have some impact.What fast-attacking enemies where you thinking of?

@Bod.8261 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Again, what are you even going on about? Fast, but weak, attacks are not the same thing as channeled attacks.When I hear
rapid fire
attacks I immediately think of something like Bristlebacks or young Karka, not enemies with a fast auto-attack.

Most enemies have a mediocre to slow attack speed because single blocks and blinds, as well as dodges are supposed to have some impact.What fast-attacking enemies where you thinking of?

Context is everything..... I was directly replying to someone who said all mobs should be changed to have quick, but weak, attacks

Archived