Privacy Policy bug

The Privacy Policy explicitly invites users with concerns about data storage to submit inquiries to the email address privacy@arena.net In attempting to do so I received the following bounceback:

"Your message to privacy@arena.net couldn't be delivered.The group privacy only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list."

Please confirm that the address on your website is accurate and properly configured to receive external mail.

While you're waiting for a response from ANet (or, better, a fix), I recommend creating a support ticket to ask where you should send your request. I think it's likely that they might be able to get a quicker answer. If you get an answer here first, you can close the ticket; if you get an answer from Support first, you can post it here.

And depending on what you want to ask/communicate, you could also try asking the question directly via a ticket. (Although your phrasing implies it's not something you want tier 1 support to be involved with.)

• ArenaNet Staff

@ffletcher.3468 said:The Privacy Policy explicitly invites users with concerns about data storage to submit inquiries to the email address privacy@arena.net In attempting to do so I received the following bounceback:

"Your message to privacy@arena.net couldn't be delivered.The group privacy only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list."

Please confirm that the address on your website is accurate and properly configured to receive external mail.

Thanks for letting us know about that. I have passed along your observations so that we can get this addressed as soon as possible.

Archived