Hotel Planet Tyria

(GW2 flavored rewrite of Hotel California, by The Eagles) (inspired by Lahemic.6097's thread).

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hairWarm smell of Jacaranda, rising up through the air.Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light.My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim.I had to stop for the night.

There she stood by the gatewayI heard a choir bell.And I was thinking to myself, 'this could be heaven or this could be hell'Then she fired up the portal, and she showed me the way.There were voices from the in game storethought I heard them say...

Welcome to the hotel Planet TyriaSuch a lovely placeSuch a lovely pace.Plenty of room at the hotel Planet TyriaAny time of year, you can find it here.

Her mind is RNG-twisted, it's just a means to an endsShe got a lot of pretty pretty toys, and overpriced skinsThere's a forge in the courtyard, sweet loot to getThrow all of your gold in, you too will regret.

So I called up the Captain,Kiel, bring me some wineShe said, 'all we have is apples dear, since Tybalt drew the line'And still those voices are calling from far away.wake you up in the middle of the nightJust to hear them say..

Welcome to the Hotel Planet TyriaSuch a lovely placeSuch a lovely paceThey livin' it up at the Hotel Planet TyriaWhat a big surprise, when your Chrono dies.

Rewards that are so fleetingThe Living story's nice.and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"And in Zomorros' chambersHe gathers all he keepsThey throw in a millions knivesBut they just can't get the Pre.

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door.I had to find a portal to the place I was before.'Relax' said the Watchknight, 'We are programmed to receive,you can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.'

Oh my gooood, you were not just kidding!

@Neural.1824 said:And in Zomorros' chambersHe gathers all he keepsThey throw in a millions knivesBut they just can't get the Pre.

Laughed really hard at that one! Thanks for that fabulous rewrite!Also, props to The Eagles!

Edit: I vote for this being stickied, or even better, start a sub-forum for GW2-flavored songs.

Archived