Why aren’t soulbeasts wanted in any squad?

anduriell.6280

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Wildman.9641 said:As a very casual WvW player I have tier 3 or 4 in everything and 4100 kills. It is interesting and it feels like I am participating.... until you come to the forums.

dont let the forums get to you.=) it is all mind games here.

Maybe...., Or lack their of?

:smile:

Honestly, Sov is right. Take anything here with a grain of salt. Hyperbole runs rampant.

@Garrus.7403 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:So last day I had to read and listen (in discord) some disheartening comments about why rangers aren’t wanted in any squad..
  • they don’t bring support
  • Druid is worst than firebrand at healing
  • They don’t do damage
  • They are dead weight

But with the soulbeast the ranger got share stances and with LB + trait we can pierce up to 5 enemies.

Is it true? Is Souldbeast damage so low? (I don’t use arcdps)Aren’t the shared stances useful?Why is the ranger kicked from squads when even the thieves are kept (they have their uses because of their speed and stealth).

archdps is bunch of kitten.so your thinking that a class that can dump aoe all over the place is better DD then class that sits on single dmg?

i mean a thief or ranger can spike down wanted targets like go hunt the backline for scourges its easy for us and we can do it quick if i wack 10 scourges at ones for 1k dmg or i bang down 1 in a 10k+ hit i prefer the last option ill take them down 1 by 1 and let arcdps think all classes are kitten beside AoE classes.

How about doing 10k dmg to 10 targets?

comon man, when i roam on my thief/ranger i eat these blob toons like its nothing.scourge isnt doing dmg alone nor is effective alonefirebrand is same kitten u just put preasure on them and once they are done with all their superior healing bullcrap u slap them around like a wet noodle.

so if scourge according to you is doing 10k dmg to 10 targets it should easily 1 hit everything that is being focused aka the 1v1 u get as roamer..

Sure if you roam with thief and ranger you can kill scourge but if you go for blob fights these classes are useless. You pew pew a scourge a bit they heal they have barrier and dodge back in melee train. You will do no dmg to this scourge anymore. You can oneshot a scourge if they are to far away from the zerg with your thief. But if the scourge is close to the melee and you jump on it with thief you are insta down. Even if the scourge is a bit of tag and in the caster cloud and you jump it with you will likely get casted down by the other scourges and classes. Pew pew ranger and thief is just not viable for blobfights.

hmm i dont have problem picking off people from backline on a thief, dunno how u insta die.none the less he or you dunno who fuck i discussed with claims scourge doing 10k dmg to 10 targetswhich is bullcrap cus no scourge will win from ranger/thief when they dont have their buddies..

that doesnt change fact that i do agree that scourge is ruining WvW big time, dont even understand how people are still enjoying blob fights its nothing more then a scourge train running forward corrupting all your shit and pooping out conditions..glad i atleast got to play core gw2 WvW and actually seen some decent fights over this bullcrap :P

As I see it, the last thing a squad needs is someone pushing enemies back to safety into their gate with a Point Blank Shot that is mostly used at any range but point blank.

If we look at all other professions, they all have decent AoE choices that can be stacked or spammed, or very useful support tools. Rangers are mostly stuck with a Barrage every 24 or 30 seconds, and their support tools are not that useful in WvW where spirits die as soon as they spawn and sublime conversion won't help against AoEs since GW2 doesn't have "Remove or disable AoE" effects.

Rangers could use a Crossbow for WvW. Something ranged that can fire arrows attached to a string that pulls enemies in, and that can fire AoEs into enemy lines more frequently, like arrows with pouches on the tip containing something like toxic spores to poison enemies, something phosphorous that catches fire, or thorns to bleed them.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:As I see it, the last thing a squad needs is someone pushing enemies back to safety into their gate with a Point Blank Shot that is mostly used at any range but point blank.

If we look at all other professions, they all have decent AoE choices that can be stacked or spammed, or very useful support tools. Rangers are mostly stuck with a Barrage every 24 or 30 seconds, and their support tools are not that useful in WvW where spirits die as soon as they spawn and sublime conversion won't help against AoEs since GW2 doesn't have "Remove or disable AoE" effects.

Rangers could use a Crossbow for WvW. Something ranged that can fire arrows attached to a string that pulls enemies in, and that can fire AoEs into enemy lines more frequently, like arrows with pouches on the tip containing something like toxic spores to poison enemies, something phosphorous that catches fire, or thorns to bleed them.

no toxic arrows, we do not want more condi :D we need power creep back to make wvw a bit more fun again.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Wildman.9641 said:As a very casual WvW player I have tier 3 or 4 in everything and 4100 kills. It is interesting and it feels like I am participating.... until you come to the forums.

dont let the forums get to you.=) it is all mind games here.

Maybe...., Or lack their of?

:smile:

Honestly, Sov is right. Take anything here with a grain of salt. Hyperbole runs rampant.

I just think it odd that a team wouldn't want the casuals doing there small part on whatever toon they wish to play. 1000s of repairs, supply runs, scouting reports, revives,... times how many casuals?

Discouraging any casual people doesn't seem logical to me. Lol especially when we also read here about the lack of players in WvW.

I came across this and wanted share. I wrote it on 09/11/14 for my Ranger and for my server, neither of which hold the same allure now as they did 4 years ago.

"She came to greet them, dressed in her black cherry dyed clothing, sporting her new pink hairdo to match the purple tag she was wearing for the first time. With her trusty pet by her side and her greatsword resting over her shoulder she marched forth into battle knowing full well they were out there mocking her and her comrades. Still, she marched on with a smile and a taste for the blood of those that would harm her and her own. Be wary young fools, though you may be strong enough to best her the first time, her legs and soul are stronger, she will return and she will hunt for you!"

Yes, we used to have Rangers that were not only were allowed in squads, but actually commanded them! Unfortunatly, nothing lasts forever :)

Ranger is the most versatile class in the game lmao. Im stuck on SoS where there are more campers than anything else. But carrying around a druid set and a power set for sb has me covered for anything. People "claim" that other classes can do what Ranger does but that simply isn't true at all. To this day, I am the only player that routinely survives solo encounters against zergs. SB works best in smaller skirmishes and druid in zerg combat. But in the right hands, ranger is unkillable lmao. And any comm can kick me out of the group, but when theyre all dead watching me hold off 10+ alone, their opinion holds no value.

Ranger is king especially in WvW where youre allowed to use multiple setups. One class suitable for any situation.

IDK I haven't ever had an issue with joining squads playing SB or being kicked from a squad for playing SB. But then I join squads very rarely. Maybe it has more to do with the player than the class. I repeatedly tell w/e server im paying on that ranged should target scourge and nothing but scourge. That's where rangers become useful besides spamming stances and good rangers can even spam regen and swiftness on everyone around them and if they really know what they are doing they can spam resistance on those around them.Not every class can just aoe an entire zerg so the bad players say those classes are garbage. Rangers if played right can be very useful to a zerg.

@Song of Eternity.8613 said:Look, this isn't complicated. If I want to play soulbeast, then I will. If I want to follow a zerg, then I will. If people want to bully me for playing soulbeast, then I will /ignore them. My first day of playing WvW, I ignored obnoxious people who seem to forget GW2 is a game. Soulbeast is the class I recommend for new WvWers to start with... why because they can see how the groups work while using a relatively simple build to play. Don't complain about low pop servers, and then complain about people playing a specific class. I understand where you come from as a thief player myself, but some people take games seriously. You have to understand that it is similar to how people take sports seriously. It is because of the competitive nature. With that being said, just join a group that you that is more casual lol. If you join a coordinated group, expect the requirement of specific classes. Don't let your pride get in the way. If you will not accept that then just be prepared to realize that other classes have a better role in zergs.

@Song of Eternity.8613 said:Look, this isn't complicated. If I want to play soulbeast, then I will. If I want to follow a zerg, then I will. If people want to bully me for playing soulbeast, then I will /ignore them. My first day of playing WvW, I ignored obnoxious people who seem to forget GW2 is a game. Soulbeast is the class I recommend for new WvWers to start with... why because they can see how the groups work while using a relatively simple build to play. Don't complain about low pop servers, and then complain about people playing a specific class.

I understand where you come from as a thief player myself, but some people take games seriously. You have to understand that it is similar to how people take sports seriously. It is because of the competitive nature. With that being said, just join a group that you that is more casual lol. If you join a coordinated group, expect the requirement of specific classes. Don't let your pride get in the way. If you will not accept that then just be prepared to realize that other classes have a better role in zergs. The point to joining a squad is to play as a team most of the time. If one player is not willing to do so while everyone else is. The problem is not with the squad, but that player. Some squads are strict and some squads are lenient. Join the lenient squad.

Archived