[Research] Gathering - Effects of Guild Tavern and Guild Banner Buffs

Thanks for the reply. I asked because I noticed that normal mining nodes (higher tiers) were not made to give a double strike, so it made some sense as a pattern that the mining-types of lw3 nodes also would not (glad to know that iron does). The question would therefore lie with the harvesting type and the logging type.

From your results, from what I understand and recall of what you said, the crux is on whether each type of node has a critical harvest roll. So the important bit might be to test each node to see if there's such a chance - and so far pearls have been ruled out, likewise for the 2 woods? So the only chance now for lw3 nodes is berries...

I am also wondering (out of curiosity) about another thing. We know how the magic find mechanic affects the roll for blues from those pof bags, and I'm wondering if a gathering booster at 33% might have a greater impact (at 63% total) on the roll, or whether it is calculated in the normal way of just simply a fixed percentage roll chance increase

Seems like the flax tests are more what you exepected out of the buffs, vs your earlier tests on things like platinum nodes (which don't drop any "rare" materials), so at least the buffs do seem to do something as far as increasing the drops of orbs, flax blossoms, freshwater pearls, and maguuma lilies

@"Devildoc.6721" said:Seems like the flax tests are more what you exepected out of the buffs, vs your earlier tests on things like platinum nodes (which don't drop any "rare" materials), so at least the buffs do seem to do something as far as increasing the drops of orbs, flax blossoms, freshwater pearls, and maguuma lilies

Yeah, the flax results contain nothing that I consider particularly interesting. It was overall a fairly profitable activity and by my rough calculations my glyph of bounty is 33% paid for by the approximately 2000 extra strikes that were generated while running the flax farms.

@Neural.1824 said:This is not surprising at all really. Thank you for doing the work and providing the results to support it.

The surprising result for me was the living world nodes. There are always gathering banners in these maps but, aside from the blood rubies and winterberries where the jury is still out, the banners that people drop apparently do nothing.

Where I find value in the numbers is mainly in the base drop rates, which allows you to calculate the expected value per node. Coupled with a quick 15 minute test of how many of those nodes you can hit in a period of time you can rapidly estimate the potential gold/hour of say, gathering flax or mussels.

Archived