Chalice of Tears: Are there any groups or guides still running this?

I'm trying to wrap-up Ember Bay Master, and the one thing I have left is the Flask of Tears from the Chalice of Tears JP. I'm terrible at JPs, and this is one of the hardest. I've gotten trough it twice before with groups, but that was prior to my having the Ember Bay Master collection unlocked so the final chest didn't spawn the item. I checked the LFG tab for the map several times during the weekend, but I never saw any groups posted, let alone ones for the JP. Is there a better time of the week to try to find groups or guides doing this? If not, is there a better and more reliable way to find them outside of LFG or spamming the map?

@"Fluffball.8307" said:Use the "Achievement hunters" tab in LFG, not the ember bay one. There are usually mesmers looking to help people with JPs.

I did check the Achievement hunters tab a few times as well, but didn't see anything for Chalice of Tears listed there either. In the future I'll be sure to check both.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

@"Fluffball.8307" said:Use the "Achievement hunters" tab in LFG, not the ember bay one. There are usually mesmers looking to help people with JPs.

I did check the Achievement hunters tab a few times as well, but didn't see anything for Chalice of Tears listed there either. In the future I'll be sure to check both.

You won't necessarily see someone running it specifically, there are just often helpful mesmers running any JP. You can always whisper someone and ask. They may want a fee or the they may do it for free/tips.

@Fluffball.8307 said:You won't necessarily see someone running it specifically, there are just often helpful mesmers running any JP. You can always whisper someone and ask. They may want a fee or the they may do it for free/tips.I didn't see any general JP groups either. The few listings I did see were for LS achievements and some bounties. Maybe I just picked bad times to check?

If you have a Reddit account, I'd ask for help athttp://www.reddit.com/r/guildwars2

I think an efficient run (mesmer is experienced, squad members wait where they are supposed to) takes 20-30 minutes. That's a big time investment for anyone, so it will help if you are able to show a willingness to tip generously. (Payable upon completion or traditionally, right before reaching the chest.)

@"Khisanth.2948" said:You could also try doing it with TaCO and the markers for it. Doing it on a mesmer would make it easier. There is also https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder if you have PoF.

I highly recommend this combo. GW2TacO with the markers from Tekkit's Workshop (the Chalice of Tears markers that come bundled with GW2TacO aren't nearly as good) and the Prototype Position Rewinder for the inevitable moments where you fail a jump, finally allowed me to tackle this thing with manageable levels of frustration.

Thanks for all the tips. I checked multiple times again yesterday evening during NA prime time hours, but I didn't see any LFGs posted in either the Ember Bay tab or the achievement hunters tab. I can try the TaCO + rewind recommendation, plus use my mesmer for the extra portal option in case something really goes badly. If that becomes too frustrating, I can try the Reddit option to try to find a guide.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:Thanks for all the tips. I checked multiple times again yesterday evening during NA prime time hours, but I didn't see any LFGs posted in either the Ember Bay tab or the achievement hunters tab. I can try the TaCO + rewind recommendation, plus use my mesmer for the extra portal option in case something really goes badly. If that becomes too frustrating, I can try the Reddit option to try to find a guide.

It is actually not too bad with a mesmer though it still took my 1h. There are some very annoying slippery for no reason surfaces.

I installed TacO + tekkits markers and managed get slightly past check point #1 (2nd overall) when I saw someone post that they were going to lead a squad through the JP! I joined the squad and got it finished off.

So there are players that are still doing runs through this, but it may take a bit of luck to catch them. They weren't using LFG, but just used map chat to advertise it.

Ah sorry friend if I had seen this earlier I would have offered to guide you through it. I keep 6 mesmers posted at that JP so I can port chain people through every checkpoint in like 5-10m, though I don't often see people who need it anymore so I only check in a few times a week to help the random passerby and then swap back over. Knowing there are people who need it I suppose I could start advertising when I do it for ppl in LFG.

Also congratz on getting Ember Bay Master, an good luck if your going for the legendary trinket~ ^^

Archived