LWS2 Animated Statue in Barridens Tomb...How do you beat it?

@Kolkradless.7986 said:I have a basic Mesmer no elite specs yet...dodge, have never had to use it up til now. I will give it a try, Thanks!

basic mesmer says nothing to me. support, power, condi, tanking, cc, utility? your answer makes me assume you're either running a poorly self-made build or one youcopy pasted of metabattle without knowing how it works nor modifying it for open world.

@derd.6413 said:

@Kolkradless.7986 said:I have a basic Mesmer no elite specs yet...dodge, have never had to use it up til now. I will give it a try, Thanks!

basic mesmer says nothing to me. support, power, condi, tanking, cc, utility? your answer makes me assume you're either running a poorly self-made build or one youcopy pasted of metabattle without knowing how it works nor modifying it for open world.

Aw come on, sounds like they may be new or just not meta. I run a basic Warrior, a basic Engineer, and more recently a basic Elementalist. All perfectly adequate, non-copy/pasted builds. Couldn't tell you more about them.

As for the fight - maybe better armor/weapons? The usual trick is to dodge and cause as much damage as possible in as short a period possible. So Power traits?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plan_of_Attack1)kill menders before they reach statue, if you can't do that you don't have enough damage.2)stay away from the orbs, they hurt.3)at 50% and 25% health kill the ghost that spawn to remove invulnerability.

This boss is one of the harder fights in the story. Keep your eye out for attacks(red/orange rings), and make sure to take out the menders each time and you should be fine.

@Atlas Tsahalla.2456 said:I run a basic Warrior, a basic Engineer, and more recently a basic Elementalist. All perfectly adequate, non-copy/pasted builds. Couldn't tell you more about them.

So you couldn't say if you're focused on Power or Conditions? How have you made sure that the stats from your gear actually support/synergize with your skills?

I'm very much a non-meta player, running a Celestial Elementalist in open world and not using full Berserker gear on a single character since I want more passive survivability. However, I still make sure to settle Do I go Power or Condi? and Are these traits forming a coherent build? because in general spreading out between DPS and Support or using Condi traits and Condi weapons with Power stats tend to make you a lot less effective.

To OP (@Kolkradless.7986) :Making sure to learn dodging is absolutely point to start. Do also look over your build (that is both your Traits, your Gear and all your Skills) to make sure all of pulls in the same direction. Don't forget things like Runes and Sigils.If you don't deal any damaging conditions, every point of Condition Damage is wasted amd could have been a point of Power/Precision (helping you kill faster) or Vitality/Toughness (helping you stay alive longer).

To all in this thread. This is the players helping players section of the forum. Someone is new, hits a wall and ask for help.

To the OP.In every game you will at one point hit a wall like this (and likely more often in the future). So far you could survive the content and hopefully had fun, but now it is challenging you more. So what people are saying (a bit rude) is to learn to play, specially cause you will encounter more difficult encounters.

At this point the issue is a combination of factors.1: know to dodge. If you are a perfect player you can dodge 100% of the damage (small remark, nobody is perfect)2: kill quickly. Dps or condition damage builds and gear help a lot. Perfect stats are not needed for anything of the story, but the faster you kill, the better.3: know to avoid damage. Dodging is one part, staying mobile is another. Don’t be a turret.4: know the fight. The wiki has a lot of information.5: get help. Not to get carried, but cause it helps. I have hit the wall later in the game. I know I can do it solo, but I asked help cause I am a casual player and enjoy it more with another pace,

Kill the ghosts so that Rytlock can charge the sword to take down the boss' invulnerability buff. Kill the menders to prevent the statue from healing.

As soon as statue is invulnerable, dps him as quick as possible. Dodging is a key skill to start learning from here - you will need a lot going forward either in instances or expansion maps. If necessary, ensure you have a skill with stability/stun breaks on them just to mitigate some of the inevitable knock backs whilst you learn the dodge timings. It's all about footwork really in there and avoiding the big orange circles on the floor.

Don't worry about build set ups too much beyond that

Archived