Gold and crafting

yusuf.9684

Hi im new at the game and my question is how do i make gold and is crafting really expensive i tried tailor in my mesmer with 9 golds and i reached 125 in next levels is crafting really expensive does it worth it or should i buy gems and turn in to them gold is that good way to get gold im really confused about crafting and farming gold

Crafting till 400 does not pay off, buying equipment in the trade-post is cheaper than crafting it.But Crafting 500 is worth having if you want to have ascended gear (not tradable) or legendary stuff.

So: Ignore it, till you want (at lvl 80) to switch from exotic to ascended gear.

how do i make goldThe best advice I can give you on how to make gold is to not buy items from merchants. You can get gear naturally as you play the game. The second thing is learn how to sell items on the Trading Post. The max amount of crafting materials you can keep in your inventory is 250. You can then sell it and make a fair amount of gold, depending on what tier that material is.

is crafting really expensiveUse gw2crafts.net. It's the best way to craft items without wasting a lot of gold or wasting materials for nothing. The only instance where crafting can most certainly become expensive is when you're crafting near level 500 in the crafting discipline. If you're not lazy and can farm for the materials you need for crafting, then it shouldn't be expensive. The best way to farm for tier 6 materials is either completing map bonus rewards through events or spending laurels on tier 6 bags that cost 1 laurel.

As more players play the game and rewards of equipment of all levels seem to have increased over the years, prices on the BLTP are dropping.

The big burst of material consumption for ascended and legendary equipment crafting also appears to have passed.

There are exceptions, though. Equipment flippers (low quantity, under-valued) and market fixers (purchase all available and re-list at a higher price) have driven up a number of harder-to-find items but these techniques consume gold, time, and carry risks of having to de-list and re-list at lower prices paying listing fees, again.

Crafting is a gold sink. If you are not doing it for fun or to meet a requirement such as to craft one of the newer legendary weapons, do not do it. Sell everything.

Crafting in this game is boring and under-developed. There are no factors besides the fixed recipes involved in making something. You cannot attempt to craft anything you do not have the level for and, if necessary, the recipe for. Once you have that, results are 100% successful with 0% chance at a higher grade result.

I enjoyed crafting for the first few months of the game until I realized it was severely limited and would never be improved. Still, I have all crafts maxed just for completion's sake.

I only leveled up crafting when I wanted to start crafting ascended and legendary gear. If you have POF and living works season 4, then Istan is the best place to farm gold and mats imo.

If you don’t care for ascended or legendary gear I’d stick with other methods of gearing up. If you don’t have POF, then silverwastes is supposed to be a good farm. I far prefer Istan though. Both are level 80 zones though so level up first.

Archived