Stop posting. No need mods close.

So I boosted my level 50ish Warrior to 80 so I could start doing the Path of Fire stuff to unlock mounts because they look cool and I want one. The problem I have is I keep dying to the first boss person. If I do manage to beat her I get to a point where my guy leaves everybody else and I get jumped by a bunch of mobs and I get overwhelmed and die. Can people join me to help me do it? I've tried to ask people in Lions Arch but they just made fun of me. I'm starting to lose interest in playing which I don't want to because I just bought the expansion but I just keep dying. People on my server just keep making fun of me. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried the LFG?

Have played through the core game personal story? Have you read your traits/skills and set them accordingly?Are you dodging?

Have you tried different weapons?

I don't remember the story step but I'd be willing to help out sometime if you're EU.

I'd also suggest playing in some of the level 80 areas in the core game first. They're easy in comparison but gives a bit more practice rather than jumping from lv50 to POF.

@PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:I got to the part where you have to put out the fires.

after that you get the mount. (hence why you need to use the mount to finish it)

@PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:I have an axe and a shield and a gun

skills and traits? axe/shield + rifle is kinda bad, use axe/axe instead and use your traits and skills to stay alive. also id i remember correctly longbow is a better long range option then rifle. check your traits to see that you aren't running useless traits (like reduced cooldown on mace skills or something).

also the small dog thing reflect damage back to you when they put up their pyramid thing.

That story mode is a trick, I had a REAL hard time doing that with my ranger, my guard tore thought it like a chainsaw, but my ranger felt like using a hatchet to fell a redwood.

My advice is, Just do NOT try to rush it, give yourself time to recover your life to full between fights, make sure you use Food and Oils/Crystals, and keep them topped up for the encounter, helped me a lot.

@PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:So I boosted my level 50ish Warrior to 80 so I could start doing the Path of Fire stuff to unlock mounts because they look cool and I want one. The problem I have is I keep dying to the first boss person. If I do manage to beat her I get to a point where my guy leaves everybody else and I get jumped by a bunch of mobs and I get overwhelmed and die. Can people join me to help me do it? I've tried to ask people in Lions Arch but they just made fun of me. I'm starting to lose interest in playing which I don't want to because I just bought the expansion but I just keep dying. People on my server just keep making fun of me. What am I doing wrong?

Is this your first character? Double check if your trait line is set after using the lv80 boost. It's a fairly easy event, extremely easy for players with experience. Play it slow if you're new, don't rush into mobs and kill off the enemies 1 by 1 (they probably will spread out once all the npc dies. There's no need to save the villagers etc :sweat_smile: unless there's achievements for it (that you're aftering). Use a range weapon for secondary weapon swap.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:defensive builds are kinda bad for PvE, the longer the mob lives the higher the chance you'll die, that's why most people run pure beserker or viper gears for PvE contents, kill mob as fast as possible

The soldiers starting gear is actually good for new players. Problem is, the games traits, skills and weapons systems are not as they are fairly complex once you start combining them all together. I would recommend googling "classname open world pve builds" look for one within maybe 6 months old and emulate that as best you can (make sure it's power based for you soldier gear), read on how it plays and why it synergizes it's skills and traits to better understand it. And then go from there and branch out and experiment as you grow more comfortable with the systems. Half a dozen quick clicks in the trait menu and equipment menu in this game can create a massive divide in what's effective or not. GL to ya.

If you made it to the part where you put out the fires then there's nothing left but a few spiders to kill - should be easy. Whenever you reach a point in story that's hard though, remember you can just keep 'retrying' from the starting point, and the champion will not be restored to full health, so you can just keep hitting him, dying and rezzing if you really need to.

Sorry I never got to comment back. I finished it. My plan was to make a new character and start the game over with the raptor mount as a speed boost so I wasn't walking everywhere. I boosted it and had no idea what to do. I played this game like 5 years ago and haven't played since. Wasn't really keen on the everybody is dsp thing. But I have 4 months to kill before BFA. I just didn't expect it to be that difficult at first but once the mobs didn't swarm me it was fine. Doesn't help that you don't really heal for a lot. Anyway thanks for the help everybody.

@PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:Sorry I never got to comment back. I finished it. My plan was to make a new character and start the game over with the raptor mount as a speed boost so I wasn't walking everywhere. I boosted it and had no idea what to do. I played this game like 5 years ago and haven't played since. Wasn't really keen on the everybody is dsp thing. But I have 4 months to kill before BFA. I just didn't expect it to be that difficult at first but once the mobs didn't swarm me it was fine. Doesn't help that you don't really heal for a lot. Anyway thanks for the help everybody.

You shouldn't need to heal that much. .but traits and armor will affect that.

The expansions really are a step up in difficulty compared to the core game.

Archived