WvW Stagnation - Tanking and Cross Server Alliances

Floz.8904

@MadBomber.3719 said:

@"Floz.8904" said:Firstly, the attitude that has been created from the servers who try not to win is ridiculous. Playing a game not to win is beyond me.

How you still think you're "playing to win" after months of getting roflstomped is beyond me. The only thing you people have accomplished is becoming BG's most enthusiastic free range chicken farmyea im not sure what they are trying to win. not winning in PPT and not winning in KDR. maybe a participation trophy?

I think they think that "playing to win" means badly copying what the other team does to win.

@Israel.7056 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Score, 2018.... 24/7 hour game mode....

Basically, as much as we'd love to WvW, we can't take it as a 2nd job which is basically required. As for the spy imbalance; I think the issue is it happening in the first place. That has zero place in game discussion.

Can't honestly expect people not to spy though.

Sure. But that is a issue involving cheating and not imbalance.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Basically, as much as we'd love to WvW, we can't take it as a 2nd job which is basically required. As for the spy imbalance; I think the issue is it happening in the first place. That has zero place in game discussion.

Cheating of the sort that can't or won't likely be policed which makes it a de facto part of the meta and therefore a relevant part of any WvW discussion imo.

@Israel.7056 said:

Cheating of the sort that can't or won't likely be policed which makes it a de facto part of the meta and therefore a relevant part of any WvW discussion imo.

Would BG be losing if everyone were able to spy equally? I doubt it. Would this be an issue if there were no server caps, and everyone could do the same? It'd just cancel out.

KnT appreciates the love SoS dude but you are mistaken to think KnT has anything to do with YB pushing t1. We're still new here so we're just here to make new friends and have some good fights. So remember if you see a KnT group, we don't want your ppt, come out and fight us and we won't even drop siege. ;)

BG being so fat/stacked in a way kind of made guilds that went T1 bored. To me the fights with them seemed kind of not fun. The seemed to have around the clock coverage some weeks and people didn't want commanders, scouts, or militia to get burned out on their server by fighting something boring or something that wouldn't be defeated.There is a double exp event coming out this weekend for wvw that may make wvw more active. Then when alliances come out it will be up to single guilds or alliances to mass recruit for their guild to get people who will actually wvw. I think maybe these 2 things maybe revitalize wvw some ^

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Would BG be losing if everyone were able to spy equally? I doubt it. Would this be an issue if there were no server caps, and everyone could do the same? It'd just cancel out.

Those are interesting questions but I lack the data to do anything other than hazard a guess. I suppose one scenario would be that all the spying in effect cancels itself out. Another could be that SoS turns out to be pretty good at spying relative to other servers I really don't know enough to say either way. All I'm saying is that spying is a part of the game whether it's cheating or not.

Archived