Found a few recent top Core Necro WvW roamer vids

EremiteAngel.9765

Core is still pretty fun to play sometimes its not too bad for roaming as it cant be kited as easily although it takes alot of work to put it off this well. These are good vids. That and i think alot of people have forgotten or just down right dont know how to fight core necro anymore its like almost never used and when most people do use it its the game suggested MM build thats very bleh.

And lu bu is like one of the most godly necros ive ever had the pleasure of talking to I swear he could make any build of necro work well.

Thanks for sharing! I really like the style of the first few minutes of the first video, going to have to come back to look at the actual content when I have time.

Complete aside, I always worry that my "whatever I happened to have equipped last too lazy to check" build will end up on the receiving end of someone else's super serious wvw video compilation haha!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Just tried roaming around for a day with full trailblazers core necro.Had a pretty good time lol.Won fights against average spellbreakers, deadeyes, holosmiths, daredevils, core thieves etc.The only class that still gives trouble is the mirage lol.

Not essentially. I run around with a trailblaizer/vipers mix.If mirage doesnt have the thing that gives His illusions more HP, you can kill them with ds 4 and prevent them from going invis with ds5

The only real Problem i got while Roaming with core, is good spellbreakers, cause you dont have enough dmg kill them. They will always health Back Up.And against thiefes, that know what your build is.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Just tried roaming around for a day with full trailblazers core necro.Had a pretty good time lol.Won fights against average spellbreakers, deadeyes, holosmiths, daredevils, core thieves etc.The only class that still gives trouble is the mirage lol.

Not essentially. I run around with a trailblaizer/vipers mix.If mirage doesnt have the thing that gives His illusions more HP, you can kill them with ds 4 and prevent them from going invis with ds5

The only real Problem i got while Roaming with core, is good spellbreakers, cause you dont have enough dmg kill them. They will always health Back Up.And against thiefes, that know what your build is.

I'm running this Core build.Maybe it works better against spellbreakers.Quite a fair bit of boon corruption.But I do think the few that I fought that day weren't very good.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjc0QtNWeDO2A/NOwFK4VHAHANNajoNu157HA-jVSHQBjT3w8U/BG7PYRlgDU5XAOIAA4BAEsjAwAuAAAA-w

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Just tried roaming around for a day with full trailblazers core necro.Had a pretty good time lol.Won fights against average spellbreakers, deadeyes, holosmiths, daredevils, core thieves etc.The only class that still gives trouble is the mirage lol.

I'm running this Core build.Maybe it works better against spellbreakers.Quite a fair bit of boon corruption.But I do think the few that I fought that day weren't very good.

My build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWDbkjGKuxabwzG4vxRtQFD7/tEovxcctw5MAaAA-jlyHQBhT3AAuAAf8gAEQlM3a/hBqcaeq7MrnAQ8UJIjKBBA-wUtility skills depend in opponent.

Have you tried using the scavenging Rune for Ur build instead of undead?Should be more sustain and only slightly less condidmg.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently trying a hybrid core with the below stats but am a little unsure over which one-hand weapon and trait would be more effective for such a stat combination.

If anyone has any thoughts it would be much appreciated!

Semi-done build here:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJgYGjc0QxNYbD83wAXoibd++BQBwBA-jVRSQB1SbwxU/BA7P8RlfkUJIA-w

The one-hand weapon is missing and the last trait line is missing. The missing utility spot is depending on opponent.

• Would a scepter or axe be better for such stats?Reason I'm asking is because as a hybrid, I feel like if I use a scepter, I am not utilizing the power stats fully and if axe, the condi stats seem wasted.

• Which traits SR or Blood be better for such a build?Similar reasoning as above.If I use Blood, I get more condi clear and health sustain but it feels like I am missing out on yet another opportunity to utilize my condi stats without the burning on shroud 1.If I use SR, I get to maximize the spectral utilities better and get the extra burning burst from shroud 1 + unblockable marks for more shroud generation.

I am unsure which line would be better for which weapon either XD

After trying more of the hybrid combinations, I've come to the conclusion that full trailblazer core is still better for roaming for myself at least lol.Tankier, less stressful, more room for mistakes.

Current trailblazer core build I'm using that I feel can deal well with a large variety of opponents.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjc0QxN2ZDO2A/NOwFq4WnvfwsIai+Fe1BwBA-jVSHQBDU5XwOCAWUJ4AuAAjT3AM2fIAHEg5p+DAeAAAA-w

I find Blood line much better than SR for dealing with the varied opponents you meet when you roam.Blood pretty much counters most condi opponents.

Immense condition management

Unholy Matyr in Blood allows Necro to clear conditions without having to land a transfer which good opponents can negate.I find myself being able to fight condition mirages and thieves much better with Blood traited.I can pretty much survive most of their condi bomb rotations.It also refills shroud very decently. 21% if you cleared three conditions!

Drawbacks

Lost the benefits of SR, such as burning on shroud 1, unblockable marks etc.Less burst damage perhaps but I think the immense benefit you get from taking Blood against condi foes outweighs the lost of SR.

Utilities

Depending on opponent, if I see them early, I would swap out one of them.

Elementalist, Revenant, Engineer, Guardian, Warrior: Spite signet > Corrupt BoonPower Thief or Mesmer : Plague signet > Spectral GraspRanger : No change

@ZDragon.3046 said:Core is still pretty fun to play sometimes its not too bad for roaming as it cant be kited as easily although it takes alot of work to put it off this well. These are good vids. That and i think alot of people have forgotten or just down right dont know how to fight core necro anymore its like almost never used and when most people do use it its the game suggested MM build thats very bleh.

And lu bu is like one of the most godly necros ive ever had the pleasure of talking to I swear he could make any build of necro work well.

Ahem...

@killfil.3472 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Core is still pretty fun to play sometimes its not too bad for roaming as it cant be kited as easily although it takes alot of work to put it off this well. These are good vids. That and i think alot of people have forgotten or just down right dont know how to fight core necro anymore its like almost never used and when most people do use it its the game suggested MM build thats very bleh.

Ahem...

ok ok ok killfil or kael is pretty godly too even though he does not speak much

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Ahem...

ok ok ok killfil or kael is pretty godly too even though he does not speak much

Thank you.

Archived