A-Net Please make it easier to the Gift of battle.

Last Crysis.1934

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ubi.4136 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:heck, if gob is too hard for some, anet don't need to change anything - I can do it for these people for a fair sum XD

I would only charge 1000 gold.

I really wish I could just sell them on the trading post.

I want a one for one trade through a vendor: 1 gift of exploration for 1 gift of battle.

The TP would make it toooo cheap for the persons who are too lazy to spend 4-6 hours in WvW.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:heck, if gob is too hard for some, anet don't need to change anything - I can do it for these people for a fair sum XD

I would only charge 1000 gold.

I really wish I could just sell them on the trading post.

I want a one for one trade through a vendor: 1 gift of exploration for 1 gift of battle.

The TP would make it toooo cheap for the persons who are too lazy to spend 4-6 hours in WvW.

I'd like to sell those gifts too, and gifts of Maguuma.

Better option:

• Make GoB tradeable, many of us will gladly put it on the TP for a fair sum.
  • Remove participation from wall repairing - We don't need players coming in, repairing walls & wasting supply
  • Remove participation from siege damage - We don't need players wasting supply on trebs and hitting walls if there is no intention to take the structure
  • Remove participation from killing guards (Camp vets are fine), but no other guards in WvW should award any participation
  • Lastly, remove participation from people who aren't actively in WvW let alone on the map. We have people gaining participation from WvW while running around in PvE... This is probably the most ridiculous aspect of how the GoB is obtained.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Better option:

• Lastly, remove participation from people who aren't actively in WvW let alone on the map. We have people gaining participation from WvW while running around in PvE... This is probably the most ridiculous aspect of how the GoB is obtained.

Source please?

Your participation stays at the level you are at when you leave WvW but you don’t continue to get track progress.

There is no gaining participation while running around in PvE.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Source please?

Your participation stays at the level you are at when you leave WvW but you don’t continue to get track progress.

There are comms who sell participation by getting paid gold to have that person (even if not from same server) to join squad. It used to be that it would still gain you participation even when you were outside wvw, not sure with the changes if they just afk in a pip oriented map but most likely that is what they do now instead of being in pve map. I even remember teapot said he wanted to do that since someone he knew does it, in one of his recent videos lol. It's just the length people will go to to shortcut things baffle me, but it certainly benefits those who don't visit the game mode often.

• Remove participation from wall repairing - We don't need players coming in, repairing walls & wasting supply
  • Remove participation from siege damage - We don't need players wasting supply on trebs and hitting walls if there is no intention to take the structure
  • Remove participation from killing guards (Camp vets are fine), but no other guards in WvW should award any participation

didn't we ask for this change for ppl to tick outside of wvw? it's working as intended so they don't clog highly populated maps. :P

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Source please?

There are comms who sell participation by getting paid gold to have that person (even if not from same server) to join squad. It used to be that it would still gain you participation even when you were outside wvw, not sure with the changes if they just afk in a pip oriented map but most likely that is what they do now instead of being in pve map. I even remember teapot said he wanted to do that since someone he knew does it, in one of his recent videos lol. It's just the length people will go to to shortcut things baffle me, but it certainly benefits those who don't visit the game mode often.

I can see that being a way to bypass things. I will say though, that is a revenue stream for WvW commanders and while I wouldn’t mind if Anet closed that loop, I don’t have a problem with commanders getting some loot for their time and effort.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

didn't we ask for this change for ppl to tick outside of wvw? it's working as intended so they don't clog highly populated maps. :P

He is speaking of a different process. What you are describing IS what we asked for. And we can’t tick outside of WvW (obsidean sanctum is part of WvW despite no score) unless we get help from inside of WvW. (Commander participation slot)

I believe people need to earn their gift of battle because it can actually become fun, if you can get past the deaths. Dying is part of learning how to play the game mode and will make you better in the long run.

Now for helping the OP make sure to use all the reward track boosters you have. List found here: (Reward track modifiers) When you join a boarderland or EBG try to join or follow a tag that will be your best chance of survival. Yes you will still die but become one with it, laugh at it, and get back into the fray. Your death does not mean your horrible at the game all it means is that you were unsuccessful in that moment.

I recommend even if you don't have the gear go take a look at metabattles wvw builds and at least copy the traits for your class. This may help with your sustain and contribution to a Zerg. Remember most pve builds are weak in pvp areas and may very well be one of the reasons you are having trouble.

See, make a less selfish suggestion that will benefit more people than yourself.

Increase Reward track rate by about 50%. It's pretty blatantly obvious that Reward tracks are abysmal compared to pretty much any other set of rewards in this game; well besides actually playing WvW. 8 hours for an exotic reward at the end is beyond nonsensical and some people even think running the Triumphant Armor track 6 times (stop telling people to do this) is actually a reasonable way to gear themselves when you could have probably made ascended gear in like 1/2 the time playing conventionally. Oh yea, and the joke that is grandmaster's marks. Anyone that's stepped outside of WvW knows the reward system is stuck in 2013. Also, I'm pretty sure you get more participation for killing the veteran warg then you do by killing a player.

Doing so would benefit everyone that enters the game mode. Especially since now the game mode is locked behind the mount reward track now because Rent a Warclaw is coming with.... alliances maybe?

No rant necessary. Isn't it a bit more persuasive then "i hATE wVW pLS gIMME lEGEND"?