Power Reaper: OH Warhorn or Focus

Oberwaldmeister.8239

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@KaporHabakuk.6219 said:Yeah,focus could do with a lil buff to 4th abil.Its definatelly funn to use vs boon heavy guys.Striping boons was main reason i got into necro,dat fierce warrior charging with stabil against you turned into feared chicken second later :),epic pre HoT times :)

Well Most of the Times i think its not worth corrupting. These boons will be applied a Seconds later again on so many classes.Rlly. For what do we even have corrupts?

it's just the most annoying when having other players around you make the focus projectile less powerful. it's making me not want me to play with people, to some extent. why can't they just make focus 4 a pulsing dps aoe like lava font? having lots of pulsing direct dmg aoes is what makes a power build very strong in pve (eles, guards etc). - of course we would still need a major overhaul like better damage coefficients and more traited dmg modifiers

@Hesacon.8735 said:So many classes spam boons that it's silly not to carry focus to rip it off. It also has surprisingly reliable life force gain.

You are right with other classes spamming boons.But you are wrong for taking focus then. U basically wasted a skill on removing boons, because enemy can just reapply them

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:So many classes spam boons that it's silly not to carry focus to rip it off. It also has surprisingly reliable life force gain.

You are right with other classes spamming boons.But you are wrong for taking focus then. U basically wasted a skill on removing boons, because enemy can just reapply them

It also hits like a truck. Necro has access to a lot of boon rip, and adding focus to that mix allows for builds that punish people for boon stacking.

Warhorn is just a worse version of the torch.

@pah.4931 said:

@Mangelhaft.5289 said:With the Dark Pact buff is there any value going Axe/Warhorn Dagger/Focus and getting the best of both worlds?

I guess it depends on what you are doing in the game but staff is mandatory in spvp/WvW.

Unless you're a reaper...

Why wouldn’t you take a staff? It has great utility and can spike your life force in a pinch.

@Dralor.3701 said:

@pah.4931 said:

@Mangelhaft.5289 said:With the Dark Pact buff is there any value going Axe/Warhorn Dagger/Focus and getting the best of both worlds?

I guess it depends on what you are doing in the game but staff is mandatory in spvp/WvW.

Why wouldn’t you take a staff? It has great utility and can spike your life force in a pinch.

You'd always take staff for WvW because it's open ground, and the current WvW meta heavily favors range anyways.

GS performs better in tighter quarters such as found on sPvP maps, and it's a amazing control weapon. GS also offers strong life force generation, and in most cases is better than staff as staff's life force generation is only good if you can get the auto to pierce multiple targets. Soul Eater is likewise a amazing self sustain trait.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@pah.4931 said:

You'd always take staff for WvW because it's open ground, and the current WvW meta heavily favors range anyways.

GS performs better in tighter quarters such as found on sPvP maps, and it's a amazing control weapon. GS also offers strong life force generation, and in most cases is better than staff as staff's life force generation is only good if you can get the auto to pierce multiple targets. Soul Eater is likewise a amazing self sustain trait.

Unless it’s received massive buffs I always found GS to be laughable against players. :/

@Dralor.3701 said:

@pah.4931 said:

Unless it’s received massive buffs I always found GS to be laughable against players. :/

Currently, Nightfall is one of the best abilities in the game. Grasping Darkness is also a lot better than people think (it's gotten a bad wrap). It's not as hard to land attacks as people think with all the CC reapers can have (Spectral Grasp, Chilled to the Bone, Gasping Darkness).

@Dralor.3701 said:

@pah.4931 said:

The trick is to realize that GS is best used as a utility and playmaking weapon, not a damage weapon.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@pah.4931 said:

The trick is to realize that GS is best used as a utility and playmaking weapon, not a damage weapon.

Yes, GS works as a burst pwr weapon in PvP or WvW. Staff or axe make better primary weapons, from my PoV. This is just my perspective, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

@Dralor.3701 said:Haven’t tried it for ages... but feel like it must be worse than staff.

Entirely possible I’m too reliant on staff but unblockable cc, condi transfer, range, lifeforce gen... seems too good to pass up.

On points, Greatsword beats the Staff over the head with its own arms in the life force generation department. 1/2% per second regardless of what you do, plus good, per-target life force generation on the auto, #3, and #5. Staff only has per-target on the auto with the hardest type of multi-target to actually hit more than one with. Greatsword has much better damage as well, though it does lose out in the condition management and range departments.

@Dralor.3701 said:Haven’t tried it for ages... but feel like it must be worse than staff.

Entirely possible I’m too reliant on staff but unblockable cc, condi transfer, range, lifeforce gen... seems too good to pass up.

I run blood magic instead of soul reaping as a Reaper (wells) -- so another reason not to run staff. Makes for a true bruiser / team fighter that can do lots of damage. Not meta, by any means, but super fun. And Spectral Grasp can generate TONS of life force (as can GS on point), so I never feel starved.

Archived