Looking to return dont know where to start.

Zolb.2380

Hi, so I am looking to return and play a bit more but after logging in I really do not know where to start, I stopped playing just after the first Xpac was released due to RL but I do not own anything other than the base game, I remember lions arch being destroyed and a new system for WvWvW where you earn points to spend so you can carry more supplies for example.

I do seem to have full set of exotic gear ? with extra items in the gear slots my main back then was an engineer with HGH build if I remember right ?

I add the toon to the gw2 armory if anyone wants to take a look help me out

https://gw2armory.com/Zolban/c/Zolban

For wvw probably find a guild.

For pve their are a few different ways you van go

Open World ( exploration, worldbosses etc)Fractals An dungeons. These are instanced content. )

My general advice would be find a guild you like and sample everything a little bit.

If you need help with something let me know and you could Ad me in game.

bro... u got a LOT to catch up on... and i mean A LOTTTTTTTTTT like mountain pile high.

what u wanna do is google how to get ascended armors and weapons. work on getting those. get the expansions, get masteries, gliding and mounts... those will help in navigating. do metas, farm golds to fund ur ascended armors. do PVP to get ascended trinkets.

ascended armors/trinkets are a must in all game modes excpet PVP. anyway, start at 1 step at a time, if u try to get all in 1 go u will get so overwhelmed. start getting helmet shoulder chest etc...

once u have a complete set of ascended armor start doing high level fracs as this will give u more gold... to do what u wanna do later...

i am so envy of you... there is sooo sooo soo much for you to play.. you wont be bored even if just play the story and new maps in the expansions.the dev team is currently working on the reconstruction of new world in wvw so it will be interesting (i hope). there are raids new fractals and etc.. lots of open world events in new expansions. you can glide, you can mount. :) so much to do..and welcome back. hope you enjoy the game!I highly recommend you to get both expansion first.. then slowly enjoy the content! :)

I would definitively recommend starting with finding a guild, one that can/will help you out, explain things, teach stuff etc. Run dungeons and fractals with you, and so on.

For WvW, even more so. The Meta has changed a lot over the years, and each expansion added bunch of new builds and cheese. So it's going to feel like going into a warzone with a watergun at this point. Finding a guild that will run with you will make it a lot more enjoyable. Applies for both small scale and large scale. I can not recommend solo roaming at all.

PvE is a lot of different things, so depends more on what you want to do. In general the game is about setting your own goal and working toward that. A lot of people starts with the story and focus on that, so if you haven't completed personal story that might be a good start.

If you're more into Dungeons/Fractals, you're best finding a guild with people to run with, so you don't have to lfg/pug everything.

Open World, just pick a map and go wild :)

If you don't know if you want to purchase the expansions right away (or the associated Living Story Episodes), you could, if you haven't already, complete the Core Personal Story. Or, you could jump back into WvW for awhile, just to get used to mechanics, again. You could level up a new character. You could peruse the 'Releases' page(s) (use the guildwars2.com link above to navigate to it), and see what's been released the past couple of years. Don't forget that the Wiki (link above) is a great resource for all thing GW2.

Welcome return, and good luck.

Don't sweat it. This topic comes up a lot. And I always say that there are 10,000 things to do, but only a small handfull of essentials. If you do these things, you'll gain an excellent footing for whatever you choose to do in game:

1) Get HoT, PoF, and LWS3.2) In HoT, get the following masteries: basic gliding, updraft mastery, and bouncing mushrooms.3) In PoF, get the following masteries: raptor, Springer, and skimmer to level 3.4) Choose a meta (or slightly off-meta) build for the game mode you want to play.5) Run hero point groups to fully unlock th elite spec required for that build.6) Buy a full set of exotic (orange) equipment to support your chosen build.7) Jump in at the entry level of the game mode you want to play, and begin learning it's basics.8) Farm a full set of ascended trinkets in LWS3.9) Continue to flesh out your masteries.10) Save up enough gold to get grandmaster trade skills, and full ascended gear.

You'll be there in a few months max.

Archived