Sword Weaver : Balanced or not ?

Theros.1390

@Jski.6180 said:

@Arkantos.7460 said:same like rev, balanced pure but others are broken OP

If that the real argument then you need to make a point to going to the other classes forms and point out that there class is op and messing up the game for others beyond that your not helping on the ele forms.

If that the real argument then you need to make a point to going to the other classes forms and point out that there class is op and messing up the game for others beyond that your not helping on the ele forms.

I think he meant that sword weaver sustain is balanced respect to current busted specs, otherwise it would be classified easily as OP and for good reasons. Precisely ele is balanced right now respect to the whole game but weaver is OP respect to what ele was 3-4 years ago, sword weaver is definitely stronger than old cele d/d ele

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I think he meant that sword weaver sustain is balanced respect to current busted specs, otherwise it would be classified easily as OP and for good reasons. Precisely ele is balanced right now respect to the whole game but weaver is OP respect to what ele was 3-4 years ago, sword weaver is definitely stronger than old cele d/d ele

Its better at staying alive ture but that all its doing on a mostly dmg class. The sword and the class of weaver seems like it should be more thf like not another version of d/d ele just simply stronger. Dagger is the bruser wepon sword is more of a mobility burst wepon.

Its a flawed argument that every one on the ele forms keeps making i guess to make them self feel better? "other class are op that why no one plays ele and why ele seems to be the weakest class in the game" its just not a viable argument. If you fear power creep your wants has ended the game has power creep and it will keep happening to not ask for some level of buff is to destroy a class. So yes other classes maybe op compaird to ele but bring them down is not going to happen ask for ele to be build up.

The last update (not going to see another for at least 3 moths or longer like it) tells gw2 players anet has NO intention to nerfing op classes effect only numbers are going to be changed. In a lot of ways balancing in gw2 has hit a brain dead mood with no major reworks of skill effect just simply numbers buffs and nerfs we may not even see real new skills till the next elite spec set.

@Jski.6180 said:

Its better at staying alive ture but that all its doing on a mostly dmg class. The sword and the class of weaver seems like it should be more thf like not another version of d/d ele just simply stronger. Dagger is the bruser wepon sword is more of a mobility burst wepon.

Its a flawed argument that every one on the ele forms keeps making i guess to make them self feel better? "other class are op that why no one plays ele and why ele seems to be the weakest class in the game" its just not a viable argument. If you fear power creep your wants has ended the game has power creep and it will keep happening to not ask for some level of buff is to destroy a class. So yes other classes maybe op compaird to ele but bring them down is not going to happen ask for ele to be build up.

The last update (not going to see another for at least 3 moths or longer like it) tells gw2 players anet has NO intention to nerfing op classes effect only numbers are going to be changed. In a lot of ways balancing in gw2 has hit a brain dead mood with no major reworks of skill effect just simply numbers buffs and nerfs we may not even see real new skills till the next elite spec set.

Never suggested to nerf ele lol, it's fine, the sustain is on level with rest of the game which is busted respect to other MMOs standards

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Never suggested to nerf ele lol, it's fine, the sustain is on level with rest of the game which is busted respect to other MMOs standards

Lol not nerfing ele (i must of worded it oddly) i mean nerfing other classes to ele's level is not a helpful argument. If they hit ele agen with a nerf i think human npc with no class and a stick will be stronger then the ele class!

@Jski.6180 said:

Lol not nerfing ele (i must of worded it oddly) i mean nerfing other classes to ele's level is not a helpful argument. If they hit ele agen with a nerf i think human npc with no class and a stick will be stronger then the ele class!

Personnally, I think that the best way to balance profession, is to do just like they did it in the last patchs : reduce the power of what is too powerfull, and not increase the effectiveness/power of what is too low.

As Ben Phonglantham said : "We dont wanna up the weaver, just to nerf it later". And he was just so right.

So, even if the balanced class are under OP ones, dont up em. Keep them balanced, as they should be, and balance in the good way : nerf the professions which are too much powerfull.

@Theros.1390 said:

Personnally, I think that the best way to balance profession, is to do just like they did it in the last patchs : reduce the power of what is too powerfull, and not increase the effectiveness/power of what is too low.

As Ben Phonglantham said : "We dont wanna up the weaver, just to nerf it later". And he was just so right.

So, even if the balanced class are under OP ones, dont up em. Keep them balanced, as they should be, and balance in the good way : nerf the professions which are too much powerfull.

Its not a numbers problem or tweaks that are going to fix the "op" of the other classes there are game play problems with the sword and ele over all that are going to keep holding the class back so much so that ele and weaver sword are more of a hodgepodge of effects that do not see to have any thing in mind. (Other classes who have lower cd then ele effects because ele has more skills is always going to be a problem it becomes more of a problem when there are many effect tide to these lower cd skill right now scorge has so many effect tide to there f2-f5 that the use of them with out the build in effect are stronger then most of the ele skills but once you add in the build in effect of the f2 - f5 its out right blows any thing ele can do out of the water.)

Sword is melee and melee only its has no use during ranged fights or ranged aimed pve. This was a problem with dagger on ele and still is but there been no work to fix this. With out any real ranged chose during combat you make these weapons worthless more so then usable.

Sword chain attk dose not fit atument swaping one bit and on a class like weaver who will swap a bit more often then core or tempest its made all the worst.

The 3ed non duel skills are usefully and hold a lot of real out put but they are in effect hidden behind weaver class effect. In some ways the duel skills get in the way more then help and as a class "sword user" would be better off with out such duel skill.

A number fix is not going to make this right keeping the call "UP" is not going to make this right these are problems that go to the core of the class and will never be fixed with out a complete rework of the class.

I am getting very curious what the fist version of weaver was like as what we have is weaver 2.0. The first weaver was comply deleted it seems (they talked about it in the videos for PoF) so i would love to see if what we have now as a class and wepon was rushed to be ready for a much sooner expansion date. What did the weaver 1.0 look like and why was it scraped?On a side note go back and watch the video about weaver they did not talk about its dmg or support or realty any thing they only talked about an "interesting" flow to its. I think they knew they had a real lemon on there hands with this elite spec. Not to say the eles seem to be good at making lemon aid but your still going up vs classes who where not scraped mid way and redone who seem to have dev. that turly chair about there class and who seem to not chair about balancing at all. Its only ele class who has no dev. and anet has put there foot down on any though of real reworks and buffs.

@Karl McLain.5604 said:Hello Elementalists!We hope you're ready and excited for the Path of Fire, with all of the elemental weaving to come. There has been some iteration on the the Weaver since you've seen it in Demo and Stress Tests, which you might have interest in! There will be a couple more release notes on launch day for the core profession, but we want to deliver the Weaver information a little early so you can know what changed.

• Call Lightning: Increased lightning damage by 12.5%. Slightly reduced the aftercast of this ability.
  • Polaric Leap: Increased the leap distance of this ability from 450 to 600. This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills, if able, in order to cast.
  • Quantum Strike: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 15 to 18 seconds. Physical damage has been increased by 10%.
  • Cauterizing Strike: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 17%.
  • Earthen Vortex: This ability will no longer queue and will interrupt skills if able, in order to cast.
  • Primordial Stance: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to deliver 3 instances of burning instead of 1, when dual attuned to Earth and Fire.
  • Unravel Hexes: Trait has been renamed to Woven Stride. Trait now grants swiftness when inhibiting conditions are inflicted, regeneration when swiftness or superspeed is gained, and increases swiftness effectiveness from 33% to 40%.

Most of these changes have been made with the goal of keeping the Weaver dangerous in combat. We felt that the physical damage ability for sword was a bit low, and that it also could use a little more distance on its primary engagement ability, Polaric Leap. Unravel Hexes was reworked due to its complicated nature and given something along the same vein of movement, with a few more trait synergies to boot.

We're looking forward to seeing you in-game!

*Edit: Fixed Earthen Vortex

This was the last dev. post on the ele forms in September 20, 2017 with an edited the same day. Its realty saying something (sry karl mclain not trying to quote you or even contact you just making a point. But do feel free to post on the ele forms we should would love it)

(PVP) It depends what you call balanced.

Currently Sword builds suffer one thing: there are one dimensional. It means those builds has one niche - there are good at contesting nodes if player is good...and that's it. Unfortunately for us this niche is just to small to make weaver competitive. It has to two rivals that can do the same and more:

Spellbraker: Damage, boon removal, strong 1v1, dangerous to +1 for thief.Druid: Strong 2v2, good ress, stealth and support.

And that's why since we got PoF (generally since first PoF ATm) there wasn't single ele in top teams in ATm and UGO's.

So is it balanced?If you compere sword weaver to current bunker standard it's not - it offers only sustain and that's not enough.If you compere skillset on all atuments - fire/air attuments are insignificant in their dps role compered to water/earth sustain role.Do something is actually broken so that pvp forum has reason to complain about us? Nope....nobody knows we exists till that one ele post a video.

It's long time since we got this expansion and nothing changed. Maybe devs think weaver is balanced...maybe they don't care for it's competitive future. Personally I think there is no point in playing ele till next expansion beta.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I agree with what you said, it’s really hard to judge in respect to older builds as we’ve seen a fair number of buffs to older skills (RtL CD, ammo for arcanes etc) that we’re used in those builds. I’d say the sword builds are strictly superior but they also have much shorter range than our dagger builds used to have so it’s a harder comparison though sceptre Weaver is a straight upgrade.

If we compare the power level of the builds back then vs now then yes every single ele build is significantly stronger though, which only adds to the mess.

The more I think about it the more I miss what this game was.

Archived