When is a good time to try and do Dragon Stand?

use the event timer wiki page and make sure you look at lfg (open world -> dragon's stand) and join a squad from there.map resets every 2 hours, but it usually only takes an hour to complete - this means you wanna get in in the first 10 minutes after map reset (if near daily reset) and no longer than 30 minutes after the map resets (enough time to gain decent participation + assure you're there for mordy kill. fights around reset often fill fast and maps may become locked after only a few mins after daily reset, so waiting this long isn't really possible around reset).

as for time of day, i know for NA at least i only ever see unsuccessful maps at deadzone time of day - around 8am utc - 2pm utc roughly, i mean there are definitely successful maps still at those times but it's not always guaranteed. best luck and 100% success is the 2 runs before and 2 runs after daily reset. i'm not sure what times are best for EU, though my guess would be that the deadzone happens a little earlier and daily reset remains a relatively popular time. (please note im pointing out peak and trough for player activity - it's definitely successful at off peak times.)

note that if you're going for a DS run at popular times (and if it's a daily event completer) look on lfg 10 minutes before map reset, there might be a taxi waiting already which guarantees a place on a successful map.

It's best to do it at busy times on the day - when it's a weekday evening or weekend afternoon/evening in the region your server is based on. For example I'm in the UK and play on an EU server so for me busy times are about 5pm - 11pm on weekdays and about 10am - 11pm on weekends. Which seems slightly early to me, but that's because we're an hour or two behind most of Europe, when it's 11pm for me it's midnight or 1am for most people and they're not going to be doing long meta-events.

But even at peak times you need to get to the map about 10-15 minutes before the event cycle is due to begin and use the LFG tool to join a squad, then use the right click > join option to get into the right map once it resets. Your chances of simply landing on a good map are pretty low.

Considering the event only resets every 2 hours it can be annoying to find a good time to join. My real life is pretty erratic too so if I want to do Dragon's Stand I usually have to plan a day or two ahead. I'll check what I'm doing, when the event resets, pick a time that's going to be convenient and when the map is likely to be active and let my husband know I'm going to be busy for 2 hours. Then set a reminder on my phone because I have a mind like a sieve and will probably be in the middle of something else when I'm supposed to be starting.

I've never had trouble getting a dragon stand group. The trick is to use a timer. My favorite is gw2timer.com but any of them will work. Just show up ten minutes early. join a squad, keep an eye on the LFG tool. That's it. I seriously doubt you'll have trouble finding a run even at weird hours of the day or night.

Archived