Is there a Fractral/Solo Pve SB build that works?

Adamsdjr.1350

@"Adamsdjr.1350" said:Or nah?

ignore the other poster, try this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNApXlnXMfNSumvJRZzHlst5kSY38SJ4burkFNl6/HLylMtDChSodBCgGA-jBTAQBBUfQHOBAhUZy6WYAAHCAsp0Iiq/4MlQR7IAEgHAgX2HwmKBFEwiA-e use Toxic focusing crystals for the oils

as an example of how well it cant do, um yea you can use this in raids, in fact if im not mistaken minus the sb and my sin trinkets this is the renegade meta build for raids, and yes you can use this in fractal, just takes time and practice, and knowing that you have to move, dodgeroll and manage your energy

i ran a 97 fractal Snowblind to see if this build can hold up and it does, final boss against 2 dh and a condition mirage, the mirage had a total damage of 1.80mil compared to my 1.16mil at the end of the fight, the 2 dh's below me, i have ran pof bounties and whatnot and held top spots in the meter easily.

the thing is to use sb when you cannot get into melee range in order to keep up you burning, torment and bleeds, and once you can get into melee range mace/axe swapping out kalla/mallyx

you wont outburst anyone, but in fights were your condis have time to build is were you can shine.i have never been kicked out of a raid or fractal when running thisof course getting sinister and vipers gear for a new player might be diffucult, you can always use dire, or carrion for starting out

@TheRubberDucky.1045 said:

@"Adamsdjr.1350" said:Or nah?

ignore the other poster, try this
use Toxic focusing crystals for the oils

as an example of how well it cant do, um yea you can use this in raids, in fact if im not mistaken minus the sb and my sin trinkets this is the renegade meta build for raids, and yes you can use this in fractal, just takes time and practice, and knowing that you have to move, dodgeroll and manage your energy

i ran a 97 fractal Snowblind to see if this build can hold up and it does, final boss against 2 dh and a condition mirage, the mirage had a total damage of 1.80mil compared to my 1.16mil at the end of the fight, the 2 dh's below me, i have ran pof bounties and whatnot and held top spots in the meter easily.

the thing is to use sb when you cannot get into melee range in order to keep up you burning, torment and bleeds, and once you can get into melee range mace/axe swapping out kalla/mallyx

you wont outburst anyone, but in fights were your condis have time to build is were you can shine.i have never been kicked out of a raid or fractal when running thisof course getting sinister and vipers gear for a new player might be diffucult, you can always use dire, or carrion for starting out

Thanks! i'll give this a try

@TheRubberDucky.1045 @"Adamsdjr.1350"

Is there a reason why you chose to not cap out condi duration? That extra duration on torment, burning and bleeding would really help out with dps and the ramp up is long regardless. Other than that, the build you linked is not significantly different from the usual condi dps renegade build that's been around for a while already. Just have a look at this link.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/revenant/

Once the build actually gets its dps capped out, it'll be somewhere on the lower end of average while also providing some utility, if necessary, and Assassin's Presence. It doesn't exactly "shine" as you put it, but it does pull most of its weight. However, that long ramp up is what's holding it back; in many cases it's simply better to use power dps builds with a lot of burst damage.

As for that comparison between you and the mirage in Snowblind, it did almost two times the damage you did (1.8mil vs 1.16mil). Consider that for a moment. Assuming it was using the SC condi mirage build, I would expect there to be a gap, but not one that large. I'm not too familiar with that build, but it looks like part of the reason may be that a condi mirage's dps ramps up faster than that of a condi renegade, something which is more pronounced in any fight which has phases to it during which the boss teleports away and loses your condi stacks (Snowblind is a perfect example).

@Arkaile.5604 said:@TheRubberDucky.1045 @"Adamsdjr.1350"

Is there a reason why you chose to not cap out condi duration? That extra duration on torment, burning and bleeding would really help out with dps and the ramp up is long regardless. Other than that, the build you linked is not significantly different from the usual condi dps renegade build that's been around for a while already. Just have a look at this link.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/revenant/

Once the build actually gets its dps capped out, it'll be somewhere on the lower end of average while also providing some utility, if necessary, and Assassin's Presence. It doesn't exactly "shine" as you put it, but it does pull most of its weight. However, that long ramp up is what's holding it back; in many cases it's simply better to use power dps builds with a lot of burst damage.

As for that comparison between you and the mirage in Snowblind, it did almost two times the damage you did (1.8mil vs 1.16mil). Consider that for a moment. Assuming it was using the SC condi mirage build, I would expect there to be a gap, but not one that large. I'm not too familiar with that build, but it looks like part of the reason may be that a condi mirage's dps ramps up faster than that of a condi renegade, something which is more pronounced in any fight which has phases to it during which the boss teleports away and loses your condi stacks (Snowblind is a perfect example).

i did mention it was similar to the raid one, yea the phases hurt and the mirage just slapped on more condis on faster than i could so thier was a jump start for sure,im pretty sure that player was rolling thier rotations better than i was mine, as for the gear well i personally see more oompf in shorter fights with the sin trinkets and bursting sigil etc, pretty much a personal choice, also i never bothered to finish making the other vipers trinkets lol,

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@TheRubberDucky.1045 said:the thing is to use sb when you cannot get into melee range in order to keep up you burning, torment and bleeds, and once you can get into melee range mace/axe swapping out kalla/mallyx

Question: Were your performance indicators based on using
only
shortbow, or were they mostly using mace and axe in melee range?

in that fight the mirage and i was doing crystal duty because the dh's were facetanking instead of bursting them down, at least one of them could have which they would have quicker than both of us could so i camped sb most of the fight, once the breaker bar once down id swap to mace/axe jump in do my rotation until the crystals came back up

i guess my main point mainly for th OP would be dont shy away from a build just because it isnt min/max super elite end all be all, unless you are highl;y compettive and need nothing but the best all the time, then something that works in many a content is fine, also as long as you are enjoying it.@Arkaile.5604 wait until you find out that sometimes when im feeling good ill run core condi rev mallyx/glint :lol:

Archived