Dusty Coastal Griffon Egg

I've tried getting this egg several times using Springer/Gliding or Griffon to get to the platform and although I manage that bit I have failed to spring up the pillars each time. I quickly get attacked by a number of veterans who soon put me down (put that down to old age and poor hand/eye co-ordination). Am I missing something here guys or is it as simple as taking a number of other gamers along to put these vets down first? I've got the rest of the eggs, runes and purchased items so this one's proving to be most frustrating. Cheers Rik

I remember having a lot of trouble with this one. Annoyingly I can't remember exactly what I did to reach it, other than using the springer and gliding to reach it rather than the borrowed griffon and that I wasn't able to use the springer to jump straight up to the top of the pillar. I think I had to get somewhere higher and then glide across.

It probably is possible to do it using the griffon, but this was one of the first eggs I went for so I'd had very little practice using the griffon and found accurate landings almost impossible. It's probably not necessary but I did find it easier to clear out the veterans first, which is another reason I didn't use the griffon.

I've just checked and it is actually possible (if you keep flapping every time it recharges - just hold the button down) to fly straight from the Crystal Oasis griffon roost to the pillar and you should still be high enough up to land on the pillar. The tricky part is landing it.

I set a personal waypoint where the egg is, took off from the griffon roost and flew straight to the egg without landing anywhere (I do have all the griffon masteries trained but I don't think they affect your ability to do this), then when I was above it I used the down/back key (S or down arrow by default) to make the griffon drop straight down. I still almost missed the landing (and I've had a lot more practice landing griffons since doing this collection) but it was possible.

I don't remember which one that is, but i don't believe I used a springer to get any of the eggs. I used the free griffon you get from the previous egg location. This way you land on the pillar from above and don't have to fight mobs on the ground.

Archived