Please no gimmick "remove X" weekends.

Swagger.1459

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

Those crazy outnumbered guys just won't die fast enough!

No, it's the fact that like 4 people can stop an entire zerg from even getting in a structure with sup ac's. Maybe just reduce the damage they do to other siege. Literally 2 sup ac's can melt a catapult. Doesn't bode well for small havok groups that don't have the supply capacity to build 2 shield gens to negate the ac fire.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Jski.6180 said:This is what EotM should be for not wvw bls. Fix EotM to have grinding maybe even mounts and do the x weekend effects. Throwing rng into wvw week to week is going to realty throw things off.

What's it going to throw off? It's for one weekend. lol give me a break bud. wvw isn't even serious so who cares.

Well ppl are build for the curent set up with down state. There many skills and effects that work with down state. If you cut these out its like cutting off dodge rolls.

Most ppl play during the weekend so that is effectually a full weeks worth of play for ppl who like to play gw2 to its full effect.

EotM is still there its not the players base fault that anet is not using there own tools. So yes you sir give me a break and stop apologizing for poorly though out ideals when anet has the tools to do these things in an environment that is made for testing.

@Celsith.2753 said:

@dragontree.8092 said:. Being able to be rezzed by team mates or pugs when you're outnumbered or the enemy is siege humping can turn a fight around.

If this was a thing, I and everyone I know who has ever played havok groups or roamed, wouldn't have been complaining since the start of the game that the downed state vastly benefited the larger side. Zerglings thinking they know what playing is outnumbered is lol, are you on BG?

If no down state bothers people, they may need to consider have they been too dependent on it. It's only a weekend, I look forward to a change.BG? nope. I wvw in small groups where each person has a role to fulfill, and losing 1 or 2 integral people makes a large difference. We are small, hence the inclusion of the words outnumbered and siege humping.

@dragontree.8092 said:

@dragontree.8092 said:. Being able to be rezzed by team mates or pugs when you're outnumbered or the enemy is siege humping can turn a fight around.

If this was a thing, I and everyone I know who has ever played havok groups or roamed, wouldn't have been complaining since the start of the game that the downed state vastly benefited the larger side. Zerglings thinking they know what playing is outnumbered is lol, are you on BG?

If no down state bothers people, they may need to consider have they been too dependent on it. It's only a weekend, I look forward to a change.BG? nope. I wvw in small groups where each person has a role to fulfill, and losing 1 or 2 integral people makes a large difference. We are small, hence the inclusion of the words outnumbered and siege humping.

and i roam solo, small groups ability to res each other makes them unkillable for me solo if they use this downstate feature. these endless lives are not granted to me if they are able to down me instead. how is downstate helping me in this outnumbered situation?i think the downed penalty should be adjusted for WvW, for example you get full down if you die 4 times without leaving combat instead of 4 times within 1 minute. or lets say you only get 1 stack of downed penalty and full die on 2nd so twice downed within 1 minute = full down. but currently if you are in 1 vs X they often could just ressurect each other endlessly. downstate should stay in the game, but it still could use a little nerf.

@MUDse.7623 said:and i roam solo, small groups ability to res each other makes them unkillable for me solo if they use this downstate feature. these endless lives are not granted to me if they are able to down me instead. how is downstate helping me in this outnumbered situation?i think the downed penalty should be adjusted for WvW, for example you get full down if you die 4 times without leaving combat instead of 4 times within 1 minute. or lets say you only get 1 stack of downed penalty and full die on 2nd so twice downed within 1 minute = full down. but currently if you are in 1 vs X they often could just ressurect each other endlessly. downstate should stay in the game, but it still could use a little nerf.

I agree with you there, although when solo roaming it's not too unexpected. I solo roam a fair bit but it's not something that i ever really thought of. But yeah, seeing it from that perspective, it should probably get nerfed, not removed but just changed a bit.

@Swagger.1459 said:

And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

Be more objective.

You lost all credibility right there. The poster you quoted was quite correct with his comment regarding bads being carried and no amount of being offended will change that. Stop confusing truth with elitism please, it's unhealthy and toxic.

I lost nothing... Think a bit deeper about down state mechanics, why they exist for the game and how combat unfolds.

The only things unhealthy and toxic are posters who don’t think things through.

Think a bit deeper?I think just the amount of times I've seen double downed blob players get rezzed faster than we can down and stomp is obscene. It frankly boggles the mind to even see it argued the opposite.

The reasons most cited by qiitting small groups, that this game no longer has small groups: aoe cap, sentry balloons, combat speed and DOWNSTATE.

There will be even more pirateship, sitting in chokes and even more ppl camping in towers and keeps with acs. If you want to push you will always end up dead....And the commander focus hell yeah thats gonna be fun. Looking forward for deadeye, mirage and daredevil bursting out of stealth and then resetting fight until they bring you down. Thats gonna be so much fun... not.

My guild and I (Which are WvW focused) love these special (no x weekends). It shakes things up and thats what WvW needs. I will always love WvW, however things can get a bit stale.

We have little issue downing ppl when were outnumbered, the frustrating thing is them being able to res due to their numbers.

Looking at the OP's initial thought "Would it be fun if it happened to me too?", the answer is yes and this is why: "In order to get good, you must fight those who can beat you." If you use this time as a learning experience about your playstyle and build, its more than a good thing. If you use it as an excuse to complain on the forums....well...no explanation necessary.

Is everyone gonna like it...no. Why? Because you cant make everyone happy. Thats life as a gamer.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

No, it's the fact that like 4 people can stop an entire zerg from even getting in a structure with sup ac's. Maybe just reduce the damage they do to other siege. Literally 2 sup ac's can melt a catapult. Doesn't bode well for small havok groups that don't have the supply capacity to build 2 shield gens to negate the ac fire.

Why, just WHY is a havoc team worth their salt building a cata within range of AC fire?

Haven't people figured out that is just stupid? Most structures have very strategic locations to build catas that are outside of all siege range except treb and cata. AND you lose NO speed in taking down the walls anymore.

Keep building against the wall if you want to fail.

This thread is a reflection of the fundamental split in the WvW population. The fools who think the weekly scoreboard matters more than having fun, and and the people who play for fun: AKA fights. The scoreboard hounds LOVE the current set-up, especially if they can seal everything in T3 plastic and don't have to spend the week facing Mag and dodging fights. This is why they hate any changes to the status quo. The fight players welcome just about any wrench Anet wants to throw at us just to change things up.

Because playing for the scoreboard is really freaking boring.

@Basharic.1654 said:This thread is a reflection of the fundamental split in the WvW population. The fools who think the weekly scoreboard matters more than having fun, and and the people who play for fun: AKA fights. The scoreboard hounds LOVE the current set-up, especially if they can seal everything in T3 plastic and don't have to spend the week facing Mag and dodging fights. This is why they hate any changes to the status quo. The fight players welcome just about any wrench Anet wants to throw at us just to change things up.

Because playing for the scoreboard is really freaking boring.

You had me untilnthe 'dodgeing Mag'

Remind me again who avoids 3/4 borderlands?

And who tanks matches to avoid T1?

@"Swagger.1459" said:

"No AC..." or other "no X siege" weekend... So when your side is outnumbered, and your team can't defend a structure properly (because, ya know, it's that gimmick weekend), chances are players will log out and not bother...

This is not what I seen this last weekend, no server had the upper hand in the matchup my server is on ( I am T4/T5 EU ) all servers came out to fight, so maybe further up the table certain servers are stacked, ( NA might be different )

What I did notice was that all weekend WvW had healthy numbers and by Tuesday morning WvW is dead again, no one about, 1 commander if you are lucky, compared to the weekend where every map had a commander/Queue, its truly depressing, Anet knows what needs to be done, but doesn't do it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

Why, just WHY is a havoc team worth their salt building a cata within range of AC fire?

Haven't people figured out that is just stupid? Most structures have very strategic locations to build catas that are outside of all siege range except treb and cata. AND you lose NO speed in taking down the walls anymore.

Ah right, because mortars don't exist in this game, or ballistas, I forgot.

Passt: Ballistas don't have the same range as catas. And last time I checked, cata shields pop often enough to block every mortar shot.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Passt: Ballistas don't have the same range as catas. And last time I checked, cata shields pop often enough to block every mortar shot.

What? You cannot block every mortar shot unless you have 3 catas close together to chain bubbles, even if the mortar has to max range the shot.

What? You cannot block every mortar shot unless you have 3 catas close together to chain bubbles, even if the mortar has to max range the shot.

At the range you would be at.... yeah.. you can. If you have two catas, it's quite simple. I haven't had a cata destoyed by mortars yet., On t-1 prime time...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

At the range you would be at.... yeah.. you can. If you have two catas, it's quite simple. I haven't had a cata destoyed by mortars yet., On t-1 prime time...

So a 3 sec duration with a 20 sec cooldown, can provide 100% bubble uptime? Wow, that's impressive.

I have to disagree with the OP. I think weekend events create a good testing grounds for concepts and allow players to test out something before it become permanent, and by offering players extra incentive like double XP they bolster weekend numbers. As far as the no downstate weekend, not sure which way it will go. I think the people in the middle who don't spec glass cannon or tanky will have the roughest time. Will be interesting how it impacts the havoc vs zerg fights. Not certain though if no downstate means no rez from dead as well. If not then a weekend where we get no rez from dead but you can be revived if not killed would be interesting. Part of the power of the zerg is that they can just re-pickup their people and continue on once the fight is over without much penalty. Now if the dead people had to run all the way back that might more balance things out.

Commanders should already be built tanky, boggles my mind why any would run even the slightest zerk type gear, like why? why do you need to do damage when you have an entire zerg behind you to do that? Commander number one priority should be to stay up for the entire duration of a fight because very few zergs will fight once the commander drops, that's why pin sniping is popular. Focus sniping is part of the game, and if you're going to do your part to always stand out to get targeted for it, you kinda deserve it as no one is exempted from sniping, this isn't english gentleman warfare.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:You had me untilnthe 'dodgeing Mag'

Shall we remind you BG has twice the population and best coverage of every server?How is it tanking when servers don't have the population and coverage to compete with current tier one? Are those servers expected to ppt 3x as hard? kill themselves ppting for what now?Btw mag was open for the entire week last week, they super stacked I tell ya.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Commanders should already be built tanky, boggles my mind why any would run even the slightest zerk type gear, like why? why do you need to do damage when you have an entire zerg behind you to do that? Commander number one priority should be to stay up for the entire duration of a fight because very few zergs will fight once the commander drops, that's why pin sniping is popular. Focus sniping is part of the game, and if you're going to do your part to always stand out to get targeted for it, you kinda deserve it as no one is exempted from sniping, this isn't english gentleman warfare.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:You had me untilnthe 'dodgeing Mag'

Shall we remind you BG has twice the population and best coverage of every server?How is it tanking when servers don't have the population and coverage to compete with current tier one? Are those servers expected to ppt 3x as hard? kill themselves ppting for what now?Btw mag was open for the entire week last week, they super stacked I tell ya.

And Mag lets people come in to paper SMC for the fights?

Look Xen, it was his specific comment about 'dodging fights'. I really don't care if you come to T1 or not. Point is, Mag sits with queues 40-50 deep on EBG and won't go to other BLs.

Define it as you wish. You don't have the coverage for T1. I know that, and have said that is why BG stays in T1.

But tanking in T2 and T3 is avoiding. Any way you want to call it. Just own it.

So a 3 sec duration with a 20 sec cooldown, can provide 100% bubble uptime? Wow, that's impressive.

Should I highlight the 'two catas' for you again? That was the original comment you wrote about Sup SCs melting 2 catas. Uptime is 10 seconds. And yeah,, it isn't impressive. It's coordination.

Try TS or Discord for your havoc. It helps,

@LetoII.3782 said:

And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

Be more objective.

You lost all credibility right there. The poster you quoted was quite correct with his comment regarding bads being carried and no amount of being offended will change that. Stop confusing truth with elitism please, it's unhealthy and toxic.

I lost nothing... Think a bit deeper about down state mechanics, why they exist for the game and how combat unfolds.

The only things unhealthy and toxic are posters who don’t think things through.

Think a bit deeper?I think just the amount of times I've seen
double downed
blob players get rezzed faster than we can down and stomp is obscene. It frankly boggles the mind to even see it argued the opposite.

The reasons most cited by qiitting small groups, that this game no longer has small groups: aoe cap, sentry balloons, combat speed and DOWNSTATE.

And I roamed with one of the top roaming guilds in the game, and we fought off superior numbers and benefited from those same downed mechanics that you oppose. And I rarely run with any zerg unless I’m bored and want pips... And I was a competive solo and team pvper for many years before twitch and esports were a thing, so don’t make assumptions.

Roaming is dead because these maps were designed for zerg play mostly, with 4 maps of structure capture objectives... Unlike the plethora of maps and objectives in CU, that will absolutely require solo and havoc groups to help their side.

Yeah, it helps to think things through. This change impacts all players of all skill and interest levels. We want more players participating in wvw, not less. And we want those players coming back, not having a poor experience where they are downed in seconds over and over and over, with zero chance of recovery. If you look at wvw as an area for elitists, and “big shot” pvpers, you are not looking at the bigger picture, or health of the entire more and variety of players in it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Look Xen, it was his specific comment about 'dodging fights'. I really don't care if you come to T1 or not. Point is, Mag sits with queues 40-50 deep on EBG and won't go to other BLs.

Define it as you wish. You don't have the coverage for T1. I know that, and have said that is why BG stays in T1.

But tanking in T2 and T3 is avoiding. Any way you want to call it. Just own it.

Well.. I believed you would understand that situation better than most, but I guess not, not going to reply with a trigger post. Yup still tanking a year later.

But...

And Mag lets people come in to paper SMC for the fights?

Because other servers let enemy servers paper their keeps and smc often and on purpose for fights right?Or do they make the enemy work for it?

Archived