Istan Zone completion severely hindered

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The one thing that I don't get about the complaints though is that doing map completion doesn't really gain you anything.

Some of us are more heavily oriented towards being completionists than others. My own goal is to complete every single map on every single one of my characters. I couldn't even tell you why, other than I just want to. {Shrug}.

@Lexi.1398 I used the method described above by @Donari for almost all of my characters to get that PoI in Lake Doric. I think I may have caught a zerg once or twice, and that without mounts. With the right skills/traits and timing I was able to get the point on every class, although I did have to run and retry several times before I got the hang of it.

@Lexi.1398 said:The PoI at the top of the centaur place in Lake Doric, due to the quantity and strength of centaurs (90% elite or harder) and the time it takes to run from bottom to top, can almost only be reached by a squad that leather farms*. Leather farm groups, since the introduction of Istan + glyph of leatherworking reducing the value of leather, have almost fell off the face of the earth and sometimes it's difficult to find one even at NA prime....but has this ever hindered my map completeion of lake doric? Nope.

*It CAN be reached solo, but it is EXCEPTIONALLY difficult, nearly impossible. I have genuinely no idea how people reach it solo, but i have seen map chat tales of the time and # of attempts some people have done...-shivers-

~snip~

I did it in one attempt with my core Ranger...just don't ask me how, though I believe it involved a few revive orbs and repair canisters, but that's about it(other than the running of course). However, I have since found that there's a much easier way to get that POI now that we have mounts, and you practically don't have to enter the camp at all, but unlike Donari I went there from the complete other side...and don't even know how to describe it, I just know I could do it again on another character just as easily.

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The one thing that I don't get about the complaints though is that doing map completion doesn't really gain you anything.

Some of us are more heavily oriented towards being completionists than others. My own goal is to complete every single map on every single one of my characters. I couldn't even tell you why, other than I just want to. {Shrug}.You still have the story option if meta isn't your thing, and you can do that entirely solo.

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:reduced the long term appeal for this map. The result is that players now have a much more difficult time getting this PoI.

Haha what? I always find full squads for events in Istan and it's the best Gold/hour open world map atm, I still farm it every day for hours. So I don't really know what you're talking about, tbh. Completion is not an issue at all, with all the people doing events.

• 1 year later...

A year and a half later: waited a full month, looked in LFG, I found istan squad in total ZERO times. ZERO!!!

This map is dead as a DoDo... And to do the whole story to get this toon, that was ONLY made for map completion (Anet supports that by making some things only obtainable due to map completion etc) to that one POI is not a viable proposition.

Silverwastes comparising doesn't hold anymore. Every weekend RIBA groups... Domain of Istan... looked daily for the last month... ZERO.

Please change this POI

yeah, I recently went for map completion on a couple newer characters and it was very difficult to find anybody. When I did I ended up swapping chars in the middle of the event to another one staged right outside for just such a situation so I could get the poi for both. The squad failed the event at that lacking enough people, which is probably part of why the Guild Hall event doesn't seem to happen much any more.

I'm pretty sure the GH event happens right after Palawadan so you might try joining a palawadan group and see if they do the GH after.

@Solvar.7953 said:Has this gotten any better with the recently introduced daily rotation with fewer LS maps available each day? Which is to say, if you tried to do it on a day where Istan was one of the daily maps, is the area better populated? (I honestly don't know, hence why I'm asking).

It should, I've been doing the new dailies and when its Istan's turn, I do see a lot of people around doing all sorts of content.

However, right now the focus may be in wintersday, so the population across all other maps may be somewhat lower than the standard (not to mention people who go on a trip for the holidays).

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:A year and a half later: waited a full month, looked in LFG, I found istan squad in total ZERO times. ZERO!!!

This map is dead as a DoDo... And to do the whole story to get this toon, that was ONLY made for map completion (Anet supports that by making some things only obtainable due to map completion etc) to that one POI is not a viable proposition.

Silverwastes comparising doesn't hold anymore. Every weekend RIBA groups... Domain of Istan... looked daily for the last month... ZERO.

Please change this POI

Have you even tried the solutions considered by others before necroing this thread? Additionally you don't have to play the whole story with the toon. You can just select the one from the LS4 that was released with Istan (Daybreak) and only play that single story path until you get to the PoI via story.

Nevertheless GH event is still played very often (maybe not during Wintersday) and there should be no problem to get the PoI at all.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:A year and a half later: waited a full month, looked in LFG, I found istan squad in total ZERO times. ZERO!!!

Please change this POI

Have you even tried the solutions considered by others before necroing this thread? Additionally you don't have to play the whole story with the toon. You can just select the one from the LS4 that was released with Istan (Daybreak) and only play that single story path until you get to the PoI via story.

Nevertheless GH event is still played very often (maybe not during Wintersday) and there should be no problem to get the PoI at all.

This is true. One of my pve guilds does GH daily.

@Calisanna.8732 said:I find it funny that ppl complain and tell others to use the forums search engine before starting a thread. When they do search and pull up a thread with question/statement they are then told they Necrod the thread.

Usually, this is because the point or question has already been answered and/or discussed in a previous thread in which case a new one (or necroing with yet another post) is irrelevant. Usually.