[Ninn; Blocked Progress] Ninn won't progress dialogue to new Current Event

I had previously had Ninn make a the Reader. However, after completing an invasion event on the same character (in Gendarren Hills), Ninn only has dialogue options to create a new Phasic Reader.

Seeing some other threads around, I decided to check this on all nine of my characters and all of them are stuck on the same dialogue tree.

Similar problem. I had the reader item created last event (did it on my revenant). Now, on my Mesmer, after doing the event in Gendarran Fields, and then twice in Southsun Cove, he still does not give me the option to get the collection, even after getting the Lost Invasion achievement.

Progress is blocked. Please fix.

I too had to cycle through characters to find one with the new dialog, hopefully Anet can address having to do that.

Out of curiousity, does Sarettokk in Lion’s Arch sell a replacement Phasic Distortion Reader for any of your characters?

Further information:

After the introduction of the new phase of Current Events, I completed an invasion on a character that (I assume) had not done it before. I received the mail from Ninn, as he turned up in that character's home instance. I talked to Ninn and told Ninn to "start working on building the Phasic Distortion Reader."

Afterwards, I tried returning to Ninn on a character that had completed the Reader, as above, and even that character is unable to progress to the new collection.

Going to Southsun Cove and attempting to interact with one of the salvages also did not work.

I have one character who can't see him in home instance (presumably because they have not done an event) , one who is being asked to create a reader and one (who had previously created a reader) who has the Go find debris dialogue and has gone and found 5 debris twice with no sign of the Lost in Transit achievement anywhere.

Also why does the dialogue for the NPC in Southsun who gives you the debris locator say he is looking toward Frostgorge sound?

@Daroon.1736 said:I have one character who can't see him in home instance (presumably because they have not done an event) , one who is being asked to create a reader and one (who had previously created a reader) who has the Go find debris dialogue and has gone and found 5 debris twice with no sign of the Lost in Transit achievement anywhere.

Also why does the dialogue for the NPC in Southsun who gives you the debris locator say he is looking toward Frostgorge sound?

Did you get the salvage (forget the exact name) item from interacting with the debris?

@Ewon.5903 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:I have one character who can't see him in home instance (presumably because they have not done an event) , one who is being asked to create a reader and one (who had previously created a reader) who has the Go find debris dialogue and has gone and found 5 debris twice with no sign of the Lost in Transit achievement anywhere.

Did you get the salvage (forget the exact name) item from interacting with the debris?

No salvage item appeared - it says 'collect' or 'ignore' - I collect and it goes 'poof' I've collected ten (5 twice) so far with no joy

If you started a new toon building the original distorter, my guess is the game paused your account until reset (since Ninn won't finish it until then). After that, you should end up with two characters who can progress future events.

The same holds true with completing HoT and getting Caladbolg — there's no reliable way to determine which toons are eligible versus which have already done it. The "side stories" aren't covered by the story journal.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:Also why does the dialogue for the NPC in Southsun who gives you the debris locator say he is looking toward Frostgorge sound?

That sounds like you are talking to the wrong NPC. The looking toward Frostgorge Sound thing is for Transfer Chaser.

Yup, you are correct - Finally figured this thing out.Just a poor co-incidence I guess that the same week an event on Southsun is released, the NPC from a previous event (who also wants you to find 5 items) happens to be on the same map, the same area and has the same event marker above his head as the new npc'S.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I had previously had Ninn make a the Reader. However, after completing an invasion event on the same character [...]

It probably isn't the same character. Whoever talked to Ninn the first time must be used to build the device and then continue on with the new events.

I have the same issue that all other characters get the initial Ninn dialogue, which is so annoying and pointless, because the device is account-bound and you don't need more than one. So why can't the progress be account-wide but is limited to one character? Makes no sense whatsoever. (And the "open task" icon, the green star, is annoying the heck out of me.)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If you started a new toon building the original distorter, my guess is the game paused your account until reset (since Ninn won't finish it until then). After that, you should end up with two characters who can progress future events.

The same holds true with completing HoT and getting Caladbolg — there's no reliable way to determine which toons are eligible versus which have already done it. The "side stories" aren't covered by the story journal.

Didn't work for me; It's after daily reset and over 24 hours, yet returning to Ninn with the character that built the Reader lands me back into the dialogue that lists materials needed for the first part.

@Daroon.1736 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:Also why does the dialogue for the NPC in Southsun who gives you the debris locator say he is looking toward Frostgorge sound?

That sounds like you are talking to the wrong NPC. The looking toward Frostgorge Sound thing is for Transfer Chaser.

Yup, you are correct - Finally figured this thing out.Just a poor co-incidence I guess that the same week an event on Southsun is released, the NPC from a previous event (who also wants you to find 5 items) happens to be on the same map, the same area and has the same event marker above his head as the new npc'S.

I believe that elemental sprite is actually there permanently so it doesn't matter which week it is.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If you started a new toon building the original distorter, my guess is the game paused your account until reset (since Ninn won't finish it until then). After that, you should end up with two characters who can progress future events.

Didn't work for me; It's after daily reset and over 24 hours, yet returning to Ninn with the character that built the Reader lands me back into the dialogue that lists materials needed for the first part.

Are you talking to him while carrying the device?

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

Grrrrr.

So in your shoes, I'd definitely contact support and while waiting, I'd try restarting the Ninn-side-stories on another toon. Make a new Phasic thingee, do some awakened-calming events, and see what Ninn has to say. (And visit Southsun a bit, too.) It's hard to tell what the mechanical triggers are, so it's possible that a new toon can get it rebooted. (or not)

I really wish ANet would use the story journal for soul-bound side stories or trigger the achievements off of collections/achievements so that they remain account-bound.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Didn't work for me; It's after daily reset and over 24 hours, yet returning to Ninn with the character that built the Reader lands me back into the dialogue that lists materials needed for the first part.

I'm having the same problem. I'm talking to Ninn with the Phasic Distortion Reader in my inventory, on the toon I first made it on, but he just wants to build me a new one.No Lost in transit cheeve for me :(

Same. Talking to Ninn with the Phasic Distortion Reader in my inventory, on the character that built it originally, and did the current side stories. Ninn gives the collection dialog to make the Reader, but not the conversation to continue with the current event. Clearing the cache didn't help.

Done all of the events, collected all of the debris, have all of the achievements for it but Ninn is still stuck on "Well Met , Were you able to locate any items of interest?"The only options I have are 1) Remind me what I'm looking for, 2) I have some questions I'd like to ask you, 3) Not yet I'll keep searching.This is really annoying because I have found them all and have the lost in transit achievement.

@Leetsura.3507 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Didn't work for me; It's after daily reset and over 24 hours, yet returning to Ninn with the character that built the Reader lands me back into the dialogue that lists materials needed for the first part.

I'm having the same problem. I'm talking to Ninn with the Phasic Distortion Reader in my inventory, on the toon I first made it on, but he just wants to build me a new one.No Lost in transit cheeve for me :(

Edit: My bad.. I made the phasic distortion reader on another toon, after all. The good news is that I was able to get the cheeve :)It's still odd that it is character bound, imo. Going through all your alts just to find out who made what should not be necessary.

Archived