ARENANTE, FIX THE GAME I PAY 30 EUROS FOR PATH OF FIRE AND I CANT PLAY THE GAME I PAID

You know, starting a rage thread with an all caps title isn't gonna help.No, you're by far not the only one who encounters these problems, and I highly doubt they're unaware of it or aren't working on a fix.That said ... this is to be expected.No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seen. They can prepare for a lot, but (and this comes from someone who is a software developer himself) once the finished product reaches the customers/players, things are inevitably going to break. So I suggest you take a chill pill, try again in a while and let them work it out in the meantime. You raging here helps nobody.

@Shyanmar.5936 said:You know, starting a rage thread with an all caps title isn't gonna help.No, you're by far not the only one who encounters these problems, and I highly doubt they're unaware of it or aren't working on a fix.That said ... this is to be expected.No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seen. They can prepare for a lot, but (and this comes from someone who is a software developer himself) once the finished product reaches the customers/players, things are inevitably going to break. So I suggest you take a chill pill, try again in a while and let them work it out in the meantime. You raging here helps nobody.

I know but... i see people playing and its like HEY WHY THEY CAN AND ME NOT >:(

Heh, well the game is borked for me now at least. Can't enter some fractals - daily rec for example - stuck on endless loading screen, people turn up dead in the observatory after completing one we did get into, can't start the new story prologue - stuck on endless loading screen, can't play the new content. Not happy.

I can not play either, but I am sure that they are doing what they can... I am guessing that they (Arenanet) have a lot of things that they need to fix - and really, I would rather have them fix the game, than update the forum every time they get a new bug in the game :) So I am going to play other games until the worst problems are fixed, and say "Go Arenanet!" I am really looking forward to play the new expansion!

Exactly.I mean, think about it, these guys work their asses off on a weekend to fix stuff ASAP.

It definitely went better than I expected, all in all. Was able to play around 10 hours last night, and if I don't try Elon Riverlands or Desolation I can mostly play fine today as well (if I do attempt those two, however, it usually requires some waiting after I get kicked out because the client refuses to load into those maps the first few minutes ... oh well).

Managed to do some story parts after trying over and over and over to get past errors and infinite loading screens. Now it is happening again, i cannot continue playing the story and it is really frustrating. Honestly, i understand that things are the way they are because theres a lot of stress on the EU servers, but i had two free days from work and i wanted to spend those playing the expansion. You guys are not beginners, you knew this was coming, why didnt you prepare for it ?

I actualy dont care bout this path of whatever shit, the only path that i want to see is they get their shit done, bcause i get 50 kbs download on their stupid ass downloader crap no mater what. Im getting 0-50 kbs download on some random shit i havent bought yet, even tho im( or better said the downloader crap is) tryin to download it on a very, VERY, VEEEERYYYY high internet conection speed, and still gettin deep dicked with 50 kbs. They have people on payroll that deal with this shit and they dont know their job, fire them, get new ones, that get the job done. I am sadened with the state of afairs, and if they want our money they should work for it.

@Shyanmar.5936 said:You know, starting a rage thread with an all caps title isn't gonna help.No, you're by far not the only one who encounters these problems, and I highly doubt they're unaware of it or aren't working on a fix.That said ... this is to be expected.No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seen. They can prepare for a lot, but (and this comes from someone who is a software developer himself) once the finished product reaches the customers/players, things are inevitably going to break. So I suggest you take a chill pill, try again in a while and let them work it out in the meantime. You raging here helps nobody.

WoW Legion was as near flawless as it could be, with a -lot- bigger flow of players. There aren't any excuses for not being prepared for a major launch these days, the tech is there and it ultimately comes down to wether or not the dev thinks a smoother user experience is worth investing in.

@Sir Mad.1092 said:

@Shyanmar.5936 said:No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seenExcept... GW Prophecy, GW Factions, GW Nightfall, GW Eye of the North, GW2, GW2 Heart of Thorns...
  • Cough *

Actually, all of those games had launch problems. Not everyone experienced them, just as in this game. GW2 launch including some mass DCs, the TP didn't work properly for a few weeks, and lag/latency like crazy in major events. This continued for some time.

Companies can prepare all they like, but there's always unexpected stuff. We can't tell from the evidence we have whether ANet did enough and got unlucky or if they missed something they should have caught during BETA.

I'm sorry the OP is having trouble playing, but that doesn't mean that ANet did something wrong.

@Kaleygh.1524 said:Managed to do some story parts after trying over and over and over to get past errors and infinite loading screens. Now it is happening again, i cannot continue playing the story and it is really frustrating. Honestly, i understand that things are the way they are because theres a lot of stress on the EU servers, but i had two free days from work and i wanted to spend those playing the expansion. You guys are not beginners, you knew this was coming, why didnt you prepare for it ?

It's not like you won't be having day off from work again....And you said it, you are not a new MMO player, you should know these things always happen.

@Rasgalinj.2763 said:

@Shyanmar.5936 said:You know, starting a rage thread with an all caps title isn't gonna help.No, you're by far not the only one who encounters these problems, and I highly doubt they're unaware of it or aren't working on a fix.That said ... this is to be expected.
No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seen.
They can prepare for a lot, but (and this comes from someone who is a software developer himself) once the finished product reaches the customers/players, things are inevitably going to break. So I suggest you take a chill pill, try again in a while and let them work it out in the meantime. You raging here helps nobody.

WoW Legion was as near flawless as it could be, with a -lot- bigger flow of players. There aren't any excuses for not being prepared for a major launch these days, the tech is there and it ultimately comes down to wether or not the dev thinks a smoother user experience is worth investing in.

LOL....I play wow at launch, Burning Crusade and woftlk...those were not flawless nor were they near flawless. I doubt Legion was too.

@XByJoseMaX.3157 said:

I know but... i see people playing and its like HEY WHY THEY CAN AND ME NOT >:(

That's a bad way to look at it. Issues like this sometimes happen all at once, or creep up for people at different times. I just got kicked out, and when I went online to check, there were people from 10, 15, 20 minutes previous making threads about being kicked out. It does seem to be affecting EVERYONE, NA and EU, but Guild Wars has multiple servers. It could have been a problem on the main server that is just now reaching the other servers. But with the way it's going, it looks like they're all going down.

But, as @Shyanmar said, starting a rage thread with a highly entitled attitude doesn't help Arenanet fix the problem. They know you paid your money, everyone did. We're their customers, and with a game that doesn't work, they won't have customers anymore. It's in their best interest to fix it. We just need to give them time. There isn't a button they just press to make everything work again. There are a lot of things they need to look through, and personally, I'd rather they take their time to make sure they found the issue so it doesn't pop right back up when they get things running again.

@lunarminx.3624 said:

@Rasgalinj.2763 said:

@Shyanmar.5936 said:You know, starting a rage thread with an all caps title isn't gonna help.No, you're by far not the only one who encounters these problems, and I highly doubt they're unaware of it or aren't working on a fix.That said ... this is to be expected.
No launch has ever gone smoothly with any MMO I have seen.
They can prepare for a lot, but (and this comes from someone who is a software developer himself) once the finished product reaches the customers/players, things are inevitably going to break. So I suggest you take a chill pill, try again in a while and let them work it out in the meantime. You raging here helps nobody.

LOL....I play wow at launch, Burning Crusade and woftlk...those were not flawless nor were they near flawless. I doubt Legion was too.

Legion was actually really, really smooth. I started playing win Wrath, and every expansion since then (except Legion) was me not being able to play for the first week it was out. Legion was essentially flawless, the first time.

But that's not the problem with @Rasgalinj.2763 's comment. The problem is that WoW is a much bigger game than GW2, and has been around longer. They have the resources for a smooth launch. GW2 likely does not.

@Yakez.7561 said:Played around 16 hours of PoF so far. I saw a lot of MMO releases, and I would say it is one of the best so far. Loading lags quite lackluster. Most of them gone in 20-30 min time-frame.

This thread was for those who couldn't get in, like me. Instead of posting useless words, why don't you go play GW2 ? (lucky you)OP : Same here , I was fortunate enough to get in for all of 30 mins, and I am also one of the 76%ers. Now I can't get in at all.ArenaNet are quick to shout about good things, but as soon as there is trouble they sceedaddle and keep their heads down....

Archived