Another Rework

So about a month ago when the new ladder started I engaged in the mad impulse to try my hand at some structured PvP. That was a terrible mistake, and a harsh reminder as to why I don't appreciate nor respect most forms of online competitive play. Just today I witnessed two crushing losses alone and even if it was Silver rank, I have never before witnessed such borderline inactivity amongst my teammates. They were literally standing still for half of the match, no attempt to move out of the way of damage, just go to the point, and die. When calling them out for this I was simply told to "cry more, or it's silver, what did you expect?" Personally, these people present to me a compelling argument for eugenics. But that wouldn't solve the problem at hand in the slightest.

Rewards For FailureI like the idea that you can gain ascended gear through PvP. That's very nice and all. However, the initial system when you introduced Ascended Shards of Glory was a little too easy to get the most powerful gear in the game. This fact was made abundantly clear from people just going into rated games without rhyme or reason other than to get some good gear. Note: just to get the gear. All you theoretically have to do is show up. I would know because I'm in part guilty of the same thing. Granted, I wanted to do well so I can get the rewards faster, but not everyone seems to agree with me, in part because...

Boosting: or Rewarding Failure MoreI've been seeing this practice in games more and more, but don't take my word for it. Not two to three seasons ago I was browsing your reddit page discussing the same issues: supposedly pro players abusing the matchmaking to get easy wins by having others throw matches in one form or another. I remember when I saw the option to report others for match manipulation, so your team clearly knows that it's enough of a problem. One that you helped create, but adamantly refuse to ameliorate it.

Rated Matchmaking WorksFor one on one match-ups. Duels. That's where it works. Fighting games. Chess, where this sort of system originated from. Do not tell me otherwise. I've seen it in dozens of other games that have multiplayer matchmaking, and I can safely say rated matchmaking does not reasonably function when it introduces an outside element. Namely, another player. From the onset however, you introduced EIGHT MORE of these.

Player 1 vs Player APlayer 2 vs Player BPlayer 3 vs Player CPlayer 4 vs Player DPlayer 5 vs Player E

If player 2, and D are the weakest links on the team if your matchmaking is to be believed in any capacity, then whichever of these two can hold their own against the rest opposing team should eek out right? Nope. A number of factors come into play here: Who are the rest of the players? Where did they come from? Why are they in matchmaking? Too many variables for this to reasonably work, I know for a fact over half of the brain trusts I played with today don't even care about the game, their actions spoke for all of these matches. So any semblance of skill for not just me or

The Solution

1. To address people gaming the system for welfare ascended gear: decouple ascended shards of glory from ascended gear, and just have the shards grant PvP exclusive skins. You've already implemented gear tokens for this and Fractals. That should be enough.
  2. To further ameliorate people gaming the system for rewards that only work outside of the mode: remove the reward chests from rated play, or move the rewards to tournament matches, and/or reward tracks instead.
  3. PvP skins for PvP players. I don't recall people who dedicate themselves to PvP needing much gold, maybe I'm wrong, but gold seems more like a PvE resource than anything else. Fold Gold into Reward Tracks instead, and that should help get the clowns out of the "for serious" play.
  4. Above all else: Matchmaking Ranking is a pointless numeric value that does not adequately function in matchmaking. You would literally be better served just leaving pvp tournament/"serious" play to those who are otherwise interested in it as a mode. Get rid of it, or just create a dueling system or something where it would actually work. Possibly even to the point of...
  5. Get rid of rated matchmaking altogether: if it doesn't work, and there is no simple fix, just toss it out. Instead...
  6. Put more emphasis on Tournaments for serious PvP play. These have to be held under a degree of scrutiny correct? So that means ideally fewer instances of the above issues such as boosting and the like.

Otherwise, ignoring these problems for what they are will only cement my position in that your dev team for this mode deserves nothing but absolute spite and contempt, for they hold the player base in the same regard.

Oh real classy. Apparently I've been suspended for "unacceptable behaviour" at the time I write this. For over a week. Throwing my pvp rating which apparently I should be concerned with in the dumpster. Wonderful. Thanks for exacerbating my issues with your broken system, you sure solved the root of the problem: just sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away. For calling people out on their bullshit. Yup punished for that too. I'll come out and say it. Your system punishes players that actually want to compete, and it's bullshit. I call you and everyone else that abuses this system out on it, and I get punished further for it.

@"CrimsonRipper.5087" said:Oh real classy. Apparently I've been suspended for "unacceptable behaviour" at the time I write this. For over a week. Throwing my pvp rating which apparently I should be concerned with in the dumpster. Wonderful. Thanks for exacerbating my issues with your broken system, you sure solved the root of the problem: just sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away. For calling people out on their kitten. Yup punished for that too. I'll come out and say it. Your system punishes players that actually want to compete, and it's kitten. I call you and everyone else that abuses this system out on it, and I get punished further for it.

if you want to compete play meta profession/elite/builds DO NOT wait for balance or any thingif you want to play for fun SPVP do it but you ll get so much toxicity from your teammatesif you want gold/legendary from pvp NOT worth it go Domain of Istan/pveif you want to fix/helping to fix the SPVP well DO NOT play the game and have some fun with us here in forum complaining/feedback

BTW about our complaining/feedback we got a respond regards mesmer but scourge,SB and FB no response as far as i know we still waiting

Archived