Raid + Fractal support build needed

Oberwaldmeister.8239

I have to say i dont get your line of thought here. Looks like you want healing version yet you dont take healing options? Right now you have huge number of healing power that you have no use for.The "problem" with healing chrono and druid in one party is that if you have competent group you dont need that much healing. But that is a big if. Since healing druid have slightly better heals (monk runes) his regen will go first and he will not have problem with ca. Its better to overheal then to not heal enough

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Oberwaldmeister.8239" said:So much to play attantion to :s

For the OF Focus sigill I had no clue what is good but yeah the air sigill at this precision ist really bad.... My fault.

Above you posted a healing mesmer build what we let out of discussion because of the existence of a druid in my group. I'd have a question about this: all the heal there only comes from wells and the Sigill of Water right? And the Wells do only AoE heal because of "All's Well That Ends Well" right? What if I play a healing/boon support built without this trait and sigills? It wouldn't effect the recharge of a druids avatar so I would share my boons as ususal and don't have bad influence to my druid mate. But if my group lacks of heal or even a druid itself I could activate the trait und change sigills (or weapons with sigills on them) so I could fullfill my role as boonsharer and if I want as healer too.(i know Im annoying btw. :()http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dnsICFohlfC+fCEgilTjqOaz2v98ISisjMAShgC-jhB0ABxs/gg6FeSZSaKBZU9HAUaRKAAHsB-e(Fractals only build + lesser toughness to not be forced playing the tank)

Edit: hm okay maybe I just make full minstrel gear, learn the class without the weapon rotation, be safe as kitten, share my boons and at will I can support-heal. And then I can be at will a chronotank in raids. :(

Also only few raid bosses need tank and not all of them tank based on toughness.

No fractal have a tank

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

For the OF Focus sigill I had no clue what is good but yeah the air sigill at this precision ist really bad.... My fault.

Above you posted a healing mesmer build what we let out of discussion because of the existence of a druid in my group. I'd have a question about this: all the heal there only comes from wells and the Sigill of Water right? And the Wells do only AoE heal because of "All's Well That Ends Well" right? What if I play a healing/boon support built without this trait and sigills? It wouldn't effect the recharge of a druids avatar so I would share my boons as ususal and don't have bad influence to my druid mate. But if my group lacks of heal or even a druid itself I could activate the trait und change sigills (or weapons with sigills on them) so I could fullfill my role as boonsharer and if I want as healer too.(i know Im annoying btw. :()
(Fractals only build + lesser toughness to not be forced playing the tank)

Edit: hm okay maybe I just make full minstrel gear, learn the class without the weapon rotation, be safe as kitten, share my boons and at will I can support-heal. And then I can be at will a chronotank in raids. :(

Also only few raid bosses need tank and not all of them tank based on toughness.

No fractal have a tank

You won't heal almost anything without All's Well That Ends Well. Without it, your wells don't heal. Therefore you'd heal by using your heal skill, in which case you'd have to pick the mantra.

I don't really understand why you want so much a healing build, but if you are so sure about it just go full minstrel (they are the perfect stats for a chrono healer). In that case, sigils (excepting the SoC) and traits would be different. You'd have to take into consideration though, that you'll have like 99% chances of being the tank in raids.

Yep, not all raid bosses have a tank and not all bosses who have a tank are based on toughness, but there are some bosses which are, and it would be problematic to be new to raids and go to these bosses being minstrel. Ex Deimos and Xera.

So, to summarize my advice:

• If you want to go safe and take as much base boon duration as you can, go full commander with SoC. You can maybe escape from it in fractals, but you won't escape from it in raids.
  • If you are so sure you want to heal, take full minstrel. But that will probably be a problem in some raid bosses so you'll need a second set of gear being... Commander. Yup.
  • SoC is a must. Really, it's sad that anet has made it so boon chronos don't have any other option, but it is what is is -we need SoC.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I have to say i dont get your line of thought here. Looks like you want healing version yet you dont take healing options? Right now you have huge number of healing power that you have no use for.

The reason behind that is if there is a druid in my group and I'm disturbing his CA-recharge I just could "turn my healing off" with the trait "All's Well That Ends Well".

The "problem" with healing chrono and druid in one party is that if you have competent group you dont need that much healing. But that is a big if. Since healing druid have slightly better heals (monk runes) his regen will go first and he will not have problem with ca. Its better to overheal then to not heal enough

I'm with you: better heal more than heal too little and die. :+1:And as I said: I just play pugs so theres no need for me to up my damage to the max just for being 10 seconds faster with the kill. So I'm more attracted by a boonshare+healing chrono build to be more versatile in those pugs and play the instances as safe as possible.

I've found a YT video showing such a build what is slightly different to the full minstrel build.

It uses chaos instead of domination to share more boons.Is there a huge difference in the playstyle? I mean the only reason I take domination is because it gives me reduced recharge on my signets (SoI only which I would swap out for the mantra if I want to heal) Or am I supposed to stack vulnerability on foes?

As a mesmer-newbie: wouldn't chaos be more forgiving when having a high boonduration throughout stats + "chaotic persistence"?How much +boon duration could I expect from this trait (as a newbie at support-mesmer)?

@nia.4725 said:

Above you posted a healing mesmer build what we let out of discussion because of the existence of a druid in my group. I'd have a question about this: all the heal there only comes from wells and the Sigill of Water right? And the Wells do only AoE heal because of "All's Well That Ends Well" right? What if I play a healing/boon support built without this trait and sigills? It wouldn't effect the recharge of a druids avatar so I would share my boons as ususal and don't have bad influence to my druid mate. But if my group lacks of heal or even a druid itself I could activate the trait und change sigills (or weapons with sigills on them) so I could fullfill my role as boonsharer and if I want as healer too.(i know Im annoying btw. :()

No fractal have a tank

You won't heal almost anything without All's Well That Ends Well. Without it, your wells don't heal. Therefore you'd heal by using your heal skill, in which case you'd have to pick the mantra.

I don't really understand why you want so much a healing build, but if you are so sure about it just go full minstrel (they are the perfect stats for a chrono healer). In that case, sigils (excepting the SoC) and traits would be different. You'd have to take into consideration though, that you'll have like 99% chances of being the tank in raids.

Yep, not all raid bosses have a tank and not all bosses who have a tank are based on toughness, but there are some bosses which are, and it would be problematic to be new to raids and go to these bosses being minstrel. Ex Deimos and Xera.

• If you want to go safe and take as much base boon duration as you can, go full commander with SoC. You can maybe escape from it in fractals, but you won't escape from it in raids.
  • If you are so sure you want to heal, take full minstrel. But that will probably be a problem in some raid bosses so you'll need a second set of gear being... Commander. Yup.
  • SoC is a must. Really, it's sad that anet has made it so boon chronos don't have any other option, but it is what is is -we need SoC.

Why I want healing in my gear along to normal boonshare I answered above in this post :)

I mean I would play it first in Fractals and I would play the T4's and CM's before and learn my rotation etc. There before I go into raids so I probably would have enough gold/ascended armor boxes to adjust the Gear for raids so thats Not the problem.

I completely understand your points but I not so into commander's because for normal pugs I think the Points in Power/precision are wasted and a healing build would be better die pugs so that I can Support my team as much as I can to play the instances as easy as possible and Not as fast as possible. So what would be different in terms of traits etc.? :)

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I have to say i dont get your line of thought here. Looks like you want healing version yet you dont take healing options? Right now you have huge number of healing power that you have no use for.

The reason behind that is if there is a druid in my group and I'm disturbing his CA-recharge I just could "turn my healing off" with the trait "All's Well That Ends Well".

The "problem" with healing chrono and druid in one party is that if you have competent group you dont need that much healing. But that is a big if. Since healing druid have slightly better heals (monk runes) his regen will go first and he will not have problem with ca. Its better to overheal then to not heal enough

I'm with you: better heal more than heal too little and die. :+1:And as I said: I just play pugs so theres no need for me to up my damage to the max just for being 10 seconds faster with the kill. So I'm more attracted by a boonshare+healing chrono build to be more versatile in those pugs and play the instances as safe as possible.

I've found a YT video showing such a build what is slightly different to the full minstrel build.

It uses chaos instead of domination to share more boons.Is there a huge difference in the playstyle? I mean the only reason I take domination is because it gives me reduced recharge on my signets (SoI only which I would swap out for the mantra if I want to heal) Or am I supposed to stack vulnerability on foes?

As a mesmer-newbie: wouldn't chaos be more forgiving when having a high boonduration throughout stats + "chaotic persistence"?How much +boon duration could I expect from this trait (as a newbie at support-mesmer)?

@nia.4725 said:

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:So much to play attantion to :s

No fractal have a tank

Why I want healing in my gear along to normal boonshare I answered above in this post :)

I mean I would play it first in Fractals and I would play the T4's and CM's before and learn my rotation etc. There before I go into raids so I probably would have enough gold/ascended armor boxes to adjust the Gear for raids so thats Not the problem.

I completely understand your points but I not so into commander's because for normal pugs I think the Points in Power/precision are wasted and a healing build would be better die pugs so that I can Support my team as much as I can to play the instances as easy as possible and Not as fast as possible. So what would be different in terms of traits etc.? :)

That teapot build no longer works since some traits have been changed and also dublons provide less boon duration.

The advantages of chaos are this:1) you get acces to more party boons2) you get more boon duration. But this boon duration is based on your performance. 3 percent per boon which is in avarage 24 during raid.Basicaly rotation is similar but you want to shatter frequently to give yourself boons so you can share them. Also you have no indication ofvilusionary inspiration procs and little acces to distortion

@nia.4725 said:

No fractal have a tank

That teapot build no longer works since some traits have been changed and also dublons provide less boon duration.

The advantages of chaos are this:1) you get acces to more party boons2) you get more boon duration. But this boon duration is based on your performance. 3 percent per boon which is in avarage 24 during raid.Basicaly rotation is similar but you want to shatter frequently to give yourself boons so you can share them. Also you have no indication ofvilusionary inspiration procs and little acces to distortion

So I assume it will not work because the boon duration isn't high enough any longer?Yeah I know I'm kinda sane but whats with this build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilhjyMAWgG68CigQr+SD1RF-jRyGQBk7BAksZGDZ/BAcSACq6PEUpxEVCeT9CGVZGpA8bwG-e

It can provide up to 85% boon duration with little less than 1500 healing power for a save 100% boon duration in fractals. You can switch the 3 rings and the back to magis vor a little more than 1500 healing power if boon duration is too much because of chaotic persistence.Yes I see instead of 60 concentration the dublons only give 40 concentration but even with 20 less it provides more than an ascended trinket.

Would this build work in terms of the traits and providing boons/healing support? I mean I reach enough boon duration but it costs me toughness and vitality compared to the original teapot's minstrel build.

So the starting of the rotation is a bit harder because I have no Signet of Ehther right?Is there a huge difference in shattering constantly to the domi build? Like Q/A uptime ist more Harder to aquire?Why I want to know when Illusionary Inspiration procs and how does it interfere me?Isn't distortion not that necessary? It only effects me right?

@nia.4725 said:

No fractal have a tank

So I assume it will not work because the boon duration isn't high enough any longer?Yeah I know I'm kinda sane but whats with this build?

It can provide up to 85% boon duration with little less than 1500 healing power for a save 100% boon duration in fractals. You can switch the 3 rings and the back to magis vor a little more than 1500 healing power if boon duration is too much because of chaotic persistence.Yes I see instead of 60 concentration the dublons only give 40 concentration but even with 20 less it provides more than an ascended trinket.

Would this build work in terms of the traits and providing boons/healing support? I mean I reach enough boon duration but it costs me toughness and vitality compared to the original teapot's minstrel build.

So the starting of the rotation is a bit harder because I have no Signet of Ehther right?Is there a huge difference in shattering constantly to the domi build? Like Q/A uptime ist more Harder to aquire?Why I want to know when Illusionary Inspiration procs and how does it interfere me?Isn't distortion not that necessary? It only effects me right?

Harrier is completely useless for a chrono healer. Why? Because it gives you power. And as a chrono healer, power is completely irrelevant and useless. You won't hit a thing, honestly. You are wasting stats by picking harrier.

When I play chaos, if I ever play it because domi/inspiration is vastly superior, I do the same rotation as with domi/insp. Nefver had a problem.

Domi/insp is more forgiving since you will have signet of inspiration ready earlier. Chaos is more tight even if it gives you more boons.

The shattering is the same. You should press F1 and inmediately after, F2 when you can replace the clones quickly. The only thing you have to take into consideration is that you should have 3 active clones when: a) you're going to use the continuum split (F5), and when you have to do CC (to use the F3 with 3 clones).

Distortion is REALLY good. I told you earlier. Your distortion only affects you, but thanks to a trait in the Inspiration traitline (Inspiring Distortion) you give 5 seconds of aegis to 5 people every time you give distortion to yourself. This is HUGELY OP, since you can control when you want to block attacks for yourself and your party. With domi/insp you will be spamming aegis since domination makes signets grant you aegis, while also reduces the cooldown of signets.

This is my minstrel healer chrono build: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/La%20Que%20Ama

If you go healer you should use the mantra as your healing skill, the other skills are the same

The reason behind me taking harrier is because of "Healing Prism" (13% Power into healing power). If I would go for Minstrel in Domi/Insp/Chrono spec I would need to play SoC to reach 100% because minstrel's give less concentration (and the obove mentioned less healing power through the trait). Of course Power is useless in such a spec but it gives me the ability to provide 10% more outgoing heal with 100% boon duration.

OK then I'm going with domination first. Sorry here's so much input and information for me :s. I just overread a discussion about viability of distortion post-patch.

So the build would look Like this now:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilTjq+Zz2vlMAShg68JSisD-jRyGQBGVZ2N1LQuHAABVaMRlgBV9nhs/QymZAgTCApA8bwG-e

@"Oberwaldmeister.8239" said:The reason behind me taking harrier is because of "Healing Prism" (13% Power into healing power). If I would go for Minstrel in Domi/Insp/Chrono spec I would need to play SoC to reach 100% because minstrel's give less concentration (and the obove mentioned less healing power through the trait). Of course Power is useless in such a spec but it gives me the ability to provide 10% more outgoing heal with 100% boon duration.

OK then I'm going with domination first. Sorry here's so much input and information for me :s. I just overread a discussion about viability of distortion post-patch.

So the build would look Like this now:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilTjq+Zz2vlMAShg68JSisD-jRyGQBGVZ2N1LQuHAABVaMRlgBV9nhs/QymZAgTCApA8bwG-e

Don't worry, it's completely normal. Mesmer is a very complex profession, it isn't easy to get started at it.

But really, don't take harrier, it doesn't make sense to take a stat only for a trait. It's a huge waste of stats.

You can't use doubloons. You need 150 AR therefore you have to be full ascended. Plus doubloons requiring you to use exotics is another huge waste of stats.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilTj68JSisr+Zz2vlMAShgC-jhxGQBCZ/B6p+DBV+RuHAoXYiKBBwJBgUAmIYD-e

I replaced harrier for minstrel, but I also replaced the runes (water is very good and it gives you more boon duration than monk). You could even go for leadership since it gives you a 10% more BD but that isn't a healing rune.

I also changed your food to a concentration one, reaching 75%. That + the potion places you in 90% BD, enough for fractals. Not optimal at all but well, it's better than mixing harrier and minstrel.

I know that SoC isn't desirable but you need it : / with that and the forgiving domi/insp rotation you shouldn't have problems. But anyway if you do not want to take it just go for 90% BD.

@nia.4725 said:

No fractal have a tank

You missinterpereted my text i guess. That trait is still there (3rd that you are not chosing). So with this build you are on avarage 24 percent over max boon duration.In theory you can play full berserker with leadershi rune (30) Sigil of concentration (33) mobility potion (15) and chaos (24) and be at 100 percent boon duration.

@nia.4725 said that domi/inspiration is supperior but in my option it is not the case all the time. It is supperior when aegis share is needed or when you are tanking high preasure fight. But on all others fights chaos is simply better because only other advantage that domination gives you is slightly more personal damage (almost irelevant for chrono) and higher Q/A uptime (to the point you dont need to use CS). Chaos can mess up harder then chrono but if you know the class this additional uptime is worthless to you.The rotation is not the same (Asuming you are using SoC, else it doesnt rly matter and can be used the same as Domination), since Sigil of inspiration has longer CD then well of action and that means it is slightly diferent. You want to start on shield this time, pop all your shatters, sword 3 and swap, classical opening cs (phantasm, when it ends cs, SoI, WoA,WorR) but instead of continueing like with domination you want phantasm and signet, w8 1 sec then wells, swap and ToT. After that you again swap when SoI is rdy)The reason for this is, You want your first SoI to have sigil of concentration proc for all the boons. Thats why you start on shield. Your second wells wouldnt have SoC proc anymore so thats why you deley tham for 1 sec to use the next proc.

@nia.4725Shame on me, I thought 16 slots for 150 AR would be enough based on +9 infusions, you're right.I know harrier is not that good but do I need that much toughness and vitality if I heal me so much if I take harrier?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067Now I'm confused. You said it isn't working anymore and you say with the build I did I'm 24% over 100% boon duration.If I take chaotic persistence with how much +boon duration could I count SAFELY (so the minimum - I would say +6, +3 for Quickness and +3 for Alacrity)?

Yep this is why I'm more into playing chaos. So that chaos/insp/chrono isn't that forgiving like domi I want 100% boon duration safely that it's not that hard. As you mentioned SoC again, I believe I'm better playing without it - first its really expansive, second it lowers my outgoing healing significantly and third I would mess Up sometimes with the swaps and I want to provide boons constantly.

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:@nia.4725Shame on me, I thought 16 slots for 150 AR would be enough based on +9 infusions, you're right.I know harrier is not that good but do I need that much toughness and vitality if I heal me so much if I take harrier?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067Now I'm confused. You said it isn't working anymore and you say with the build I did I'm 24% over 100% boon duration.If I take chaotic persistence with how much +boon duration could I count SAFELY (so the minimum - I would say +6, +3 for Quickness and +3 for Alacrity)?

Yep this is why I'm more into playing chaos. So that chaos/insp/chrono isn't that forgiving like domi I want 100% boon duration safely that it's not that hard. As you mentioned SoC again, I believe I'm better playing without it - first its really expansive, second it lowers my outgoing healing significantly and third I would mess Up sometimes with the swaps and I want to provide boons constantly.

I said that teapot build doesnt work because there were changes. Chaos as a traitline is even better now (both because of changes to chaos and nerfs to distortion share)

Safely you can count 8 boonsVigor, might, fury, regen, stability (bountiful disilusionment), quickness (sieze the moment) alacrity (alacrity for shatter), protection (when you get regen you get protection). This is 8 boons that you can keep 100% uptime on yourself so that means 24% boon duration bonus

And all those I can provide all the time with the Chaos traitline? Thats amazing! O.o

So then I'll stick at first at chaos.

So then would this my built to go:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilhj68CigQr+SD1T1MAWgGC-jByGQB0TFEoqEkgK/AwJBgcPAggq+xQ2f4m6FIFgfD2A-e

*76% boon duration without anything - just by the gear. I could up this by food at will. For Fractals its at ~91% with the Infinite Mist Mobility Potion. So enough for easy 100% in fractals for practicing and chill runs. And enough for a domination build for Fractals (what @nia.4725 said) aswell.

*1567 healing power + 30% outgoing healing effectiveness for really good healing support

*2600 toughness and 19000 health for moderate sustain

And yes I know - harriers is not that good but without it I would have to use concentration food and then my healing effectiveness would go down significantly. And if I would forget so consume my food it wouldn't effect my primary support role.What nia said to the runes: yes I picked the water one before I noticed the Rune of the Monk but I think 10% more healing effectiveness count more than an extra heal on my healing skill (I use it like every 5-10 seconds with chaos right?) + 5% boon duration (which I don't need at this constantly). Here I have no Idea what would be the better choice.Anything what I forget or what doesn't work?

Just know that healing effectiveness affects to your party, but not to the healings you apply to yourself. Monk and water is more of a personal choice. Water runes are extremely good on chrono, more than monk, while they give you even more BD, but I guess that's just my opinion.

I have already said what I could say about the build, so there isn't anything more that I can contribute to it. Just change between Warden's feedback and Restorative Illusions depending on the fractal. My opinion is that by default you should use Restorative Illusions.

@"Oberwaldmeister.8239" said:And all those I can provide all the time with the Chaos traitline? Thats amazing! O.o

So then I'll stick at first at chaos.

So then would this my built to go:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dn0nBFoh9fCmfCEgilhj68CigQr+SD1T1MAWgGC-jByGQB0TFEoqEkgK/AwJBgcPAggq+xQ2f4m6FIFgfD2A-e

*76% boon duration without anything - just by the gear. I could up this by food at will. For Fractals its at ~91% with the Infinite Mist Mobility Potion. So enough for easy 100% in fractals for practicing and chill runs. And enough for a domination build for Fractals (what @nia.4725 said) aswell.

*1567 healing power + 30% outgoing healing effectiveness for really good healing support

*2600 toughness and 19000 health for moderate sustain

And yes I know - harriers is not that good but without it I would have to use concentration food and then my healing effectiveness would go down significantly. And if I would forget so consume my food it wouldn't effect my primary support role.What nia said to the runes: yes I picked the water one before I noticed the Rune of the Monk but I think 10% more healing effectiveness count more than an extra heal on my healing skill (I use it like every 5-10 seconds with chaos right?) + 5% boon duration (which I don't need at this constantly). Here I have no Idea what would be the better choice.Anything what I forget or what doesn't work?

Just for the heal spell you want well since mantra was one of the nerfed things from teapots build (it had a trait that boosted it massively and it was removed when they were changing traits)

I see, good to know, but that's not a big deal as I just wanted to up my effectiveness in healing my allies in the first place :)I think I'll stay with Superior Rune Of The Monk for the beginning and as I struggle to survive I'll change it.And as long as I don't change those runes or the food (which would lead to much lesser outgoing healing) I have to stick to harrier's stats.

Ok didn't know that I just read the description of the mantra and found itself really powerfull. Sure the well hast better healing output? I mean just the CD of the mantra is insane low and "Restorative Mantras" gives an extra groupheal.

@"Oberwaldmeister.8239" said:I see, good to know, but that's not a big deal as I just wanted to up my effectiveness in healing my allies in the first place :)I think I'll stay with Superior Rune Of The Monk for the beginning and as I struggle to survive I'll change it.And as long as I don't change those runes or the food (which would lead to much lesser outgoing healing) I have to stick to harrier's stats.

Ok didn't know that I just read the description of the mantra and found itself really powerfull. Sure the well hast better healing output? I mean just the CD of the mantra is insane low and "Restorative Mantras" gives an extra groupheal.

Well restorative mantras work only when you finish PREPARING mantra, that means once you use all cast and then you cast it again. In fights you never want to use all your mantra charges so this is not so good. Also mantra of recovery has 10 s cd and 0,4 HP scaling. Well of eternity has 1,5 (0,3+1,2) HP scaling + it uses All wells that end well (aditional 0,2 hp) for 30 sec CD. That means that over a fight Well of Eternity provide more HP per second then mantra of recovery.Mantra of recovery has its uses on high condition fights since inspiration has a trait that cast aoe condition clense after casting heal skill (and mantra is casted most often)

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:In fights you never want to use all your mantra charges so this is not so good.

This is incorrect. Mesmer mantras have a very slow charge recovery rate, so using both charges is absolutely fine unless you're a dps build using mantra of pain (which I don't think is a thing anymore). Boon Chrono can easily take the second or so to channel the mantra without sacrificing anything important. Obviously you still shouldn't waste the charges needlessly, but you definitely should not be avoiding them.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:In fights you never want to use all your mantra charges so this is not so good.

This is incorrect. Mesmer mantras have a very slow charge recovery rate, so using both charges is absolutely fine unless you're a dps build using mantra of pain (which I don't think is a thing anymore). Boon Chrono can easily take the second or so to channel the mantra without sacrificing anything important. Obviously you still shouldn't waste the charges needlessly, but you definitely should not be avoiding them.

True. But then there is a dilema. Do yo prepare mantra and double cast? Its a decently long time you are preparing. And if you prepare then wait and use charges later you are losing that trait uptime. On the other hand well of eterny is much shorter cast. In my opinion and experiance, fights where you need that much healing dont let you channel spell for second each 10 seconds. And one last thing is that you cannot cast mantra of recovery during cs but you can use well of eternity.

True. But then there is a dilema. Do yo prepare mantra and double cast? Its a decently long time you are preparing. And if you prepare then wait and use charges later you are losing that trait uptime. On the other hand well of eterny is much shorter cast. In my opinion and experiance, fights where you need that much healing dont let you channel spell for second each 10 seconds. And one last thing is that you cannot cast mantra of recovery during cs but you can use well of eternity.

As much as I like the outgoing healing this is a really good point to think about, thank you :)But I'll test both because this is a more trivial thing to choose and you can switch at will

Oh, well I don't view Chrono as a healer. If you're running minstrel, do so with the knowledge that at best you're half of a healer. Running the mantra heal trait is for the occasional supplemental heals, not for anything even remotely reliable. The only reliable heal output a chrono provides is from Regen.

With that in mind, pick your utilities accordingly. Bring the heal mantra if you have need of an instant cast cleanse, such as at slothasaur. You could alternatively pre-cast the well, but that's less reliable sometimes. Bring the mantra cleanse if you really need to pump out the cleanse output instead.

Vale guardian has a strategy called overheal. There is a mechanic that if not done deals 80% max hp to every player. Overheal strategy skip this mechanic. Well of eternity is golden there because you cast it right before it explodes and the initial heal should be enough to get everyone over 80% to ton get down and the second part+all wells that end well get them to decent hp again

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Vale guardian has a strategy called overheal. There is a mechanic that if not done deals 80% max hp to every player. Overheal strategy skip this mechanic. Well of eternity is golden there because you cast it right before it explodes and the initial heal should be enough to get everyone over 80% to ton get down and the second part+all wells that end well get them to decent hp again

???

Well of eternity only aoe heals at the end...

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Vale guardian has a strategy called overheal. There is a mechanic that if not done deals 80% max hp to every player. Overheal strategy skip this mechanic. Well of eternity is golden there because you cast it right before it explodes and the initial heal should be enough to get everyone over 80% to ton get down and the second part+all wells that end well get them to decent hp again

???

Well of eternity only aoe heals at the end...

My bad :D Still Everyone is usualy top hp anyway and you can time your well of eternity so it heals imidiatly after green detonate.

So I started playing a little bit Openworld PvE with the Chaos/Insp/Chronomancer support+heal build. I must've say that its very satisfying to give your allies 8+ boons. After a few hours I invested my gold and boxes vor the harrier/minstrel build I posted a few days ago but couldn't playtest it by now. Maybe if Im confident in the future with the rotation I'll down the boon diration to 73 or even 70 percent as you can achieve 10 boons quiet solid like in this video:

Anyone got tips when or if I should use staff instead of sw/f in the 2nd weaponset? The pull from focus is nice and so but staff gives me more illusions and therefore safer all boons. I figured out with 2 illusions its okayish to do all your shatter skills +SoI +the 4 wells but with 3 I even have time for smth like sword 3.At the end I'm really keen to play this little guy a lot because its fun to play, easier than I thought and really good if you got a friend who just begun to play (portals +better survivability +easier kills through boons).

Archived