Which server get Linked server?

Ryudnard.2587

@XenesisII.1540 said:What a terrible situation for JQ. It's not like they're anywhere near BG numbers anymore as far as I can tell, and to be kept closed all this time with no hope to recruit new blood, forcing their guilds to stop playing to try and get the server open only to drive away pugs when it doesn't happen (well a few hours like 4 months ago), now the guilds will think to move too. Is their overnight coverage really that stacked still to keep the server closed? because they are lacking NA now for sure.

I don't play for JQ, but been on my share of servers crashing, I think it stinks when servers are locked for so long before they can recover, same thing happened to TC when they dropped to t4 and were still locked, in the last few months they're been rebuilding nicely. Now JQ has been given a link with SoR that already lost whatever was left of their players while linked with HoD for way too long. So sad.

SOR already drained before HOD could take any. Just think about it, HOD is medium server.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:They were open for what? 8 hours?

Actually it was for 24 hours, then someone at anet discovered the mistake.Spoke to a friend on JQ and two of the largest guilds will be transferring off of JQ in the next couple of weeks.

CALM and ONS?

OnS already moved off a few days ago.

Where did they go?

Kaineng

Makes sense, hang out and recruit in a link server while waiting on restructuring, cheaper this way too.

KN already has many guilds and adding those new transfers, there is a good chance that it will become High server thus becoming a new host server.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:What a terrible situation for JQ. It's not like they're anywhere near BG numbers anymore as far as I can tell, and to be kept closed all this time with no hope to recruit new blood, forcing their guilds to stop playing to try and get the server open only to drive away pugs when it doesn't happen (well a few hours like 4 months ago), now the guilds will think to move too. Is their overnight coverage really that stacked still to keep the server closed? because they are lacking NA now for sure.

I don't play for JQ, but been on my share of servers crashing, I think it stinks when servers are locked for so long before they can recover, same thing happened to TC when they dropped to t4 and were still locked, in the last few months they're been rebuilding nicely. Now JQ has been given a link with SoR that already lost whatever was left of their players while linked with HoD for way too long. So sad.

SOR already drained before HOD could take any. Just think about it, HOD is medium server.

Actually it was for 24 hours, then someone at anet discovered the mistake.Spoke to a friend on JQ and two of the largest guilds will be transferring off of JQ in the next couple of weeks.

CALM and ONS?

Where did they go?

Kaineng

Makes sense, hang out and recruit in a link server while waiting on restructuring, cheaper this way too.

KN already has many guilds and adding those new transfers, there is a good chance that it will become High server thus becoming a new host server.

I wasn't implying at all that SoR people were transferring to HoD. Far from it. Being linked with HoD made many SoR players transfer anywhere else. At this point, I'd suspect SoR to have the lowest WvW population of any server in the game.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:SOR already drained before HOD could take any. Just think about it, HOD is medium server.

A lot of whatever remained of SoR went to CD when the second link happened... they wanted to get away from HoD not join them.. I moved my alt shortly after that because frankly the situation was getting toxic.

Now JQ gets SoR as a link which will be little to no help, doubt anyone wants to move there.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

At this point, it doesn't make much sense to move a guild to a host server with restructuring coming. So I can see a link becoming a host at some point. It is just much cheaper and more practical to move to a linked server to recruit from a wider pool of players to put your guild in a better position before restructuring.

@Optimator.3589 said:

CALM and ONS?

Where did they go?

Kaineng

I wasn't implying at all that SoR people were transferring to HoD. Far from it. Being linked with HoD made many SoR players transfer anywhere else. At this point, I'd suspect SoR to have the lowest WvW population of any server in the game.

Actually, among the quotes, I don't think you were partaking in that conversation....

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:SOR already drained before HOD could take any. Just think about it, HOD is medium server.

A lot of whatever remained of SoR went to CD when the second link happened... they wanted to get away from HoD not join them.. I moved my alt shortly after that because frankly the situation was getting toxic.

Now JQ gets SoR as a link which will be little to no help, doubt anyone wants to move there.

Why not? If fight is the goal, then, joining a weak timezone which JQ is lacking of would make sense. If recruitment is the goal, JQ has lot of people to recruit and the link is 500 gems. Best part is JQ is full, they can't recruit from you. If SOR really is speculated to be lowest pop server, then it would make sense that the next link would be with at least Very High server. If worry about lack of numbers, JQ has numbers.

@X T D.6458 said:

At this point, it doesn't make much sense to move a guild to a host server with restructuring coming. So I can see a link becoming a host at some point. It is just much cheaper and more practical to move to a linked server to recruit from a wider pool of players to put your guild in a better position before restructuring.

If being cheap is the proposition, then, it don't make sense. The server has a risk of becoming a high pop server due to influx of players therefore becoming more expensive. Furthermore, if a wider pool of players is another requirement, then, does SBI has much populations to recruit from? Not to forget, having to compete over recruitment against the many combined number of guilds from both host and guest server. Also, even if the server at the end of the day did not become a high pop server and also didn't become a host server, it would means that the server would likely be the highest pop guest server which means that it is very likely that it would link with High or Medium server on next relink.

Why would anyone want to move to JQ/link currently when they have had guilds tanking on purpose for months waiting for the server to open? and rumors that a few of the big ones are ready to move.Why would anyone want to move to the link with the last place server and when alliances are coming in the near future?Trying to grow a server at this time is pointless. SoR had a lot of loyal players that stuck it through a ton of crap thrown their way, linking twice in a row with HoD which had players and guilds constantly blaming SoR players for stupid crap (like they were trying to be mag jr or something) was the last straw for them. Is GSCH still around? I heard they were going to stop playing too at one point.

a certain server was non existent but a few to troll on HoD. Another server got their wish and now are linked to them. They got their numbers now and watch them shoot up to kill the bad boy. Or they could sit around and tank matches and lose that all so precious legendary (that requires a lot of pve btw). Fight or shut up

@XenesisII.1540 said:Why would anyone want to move to JQ/link currently when they have had guilds tanking on purpose for months waiting for the server to open? and rumors that a few of the big ones are ready to move.Why would anyone want to move to the link with the last place server and when alliances are coming in the near future?Trying to grow a server at this time is pointless. SoR had a lot of loyal players that stuck it through a ton of crap thrown their way, linking twice in a row with HoD which had players and guilds constantly blaming SoR players for stupid crap (like they were trying to be mag jr or something) was the last straw for them. Is GSCH still around? I heard they were going to stop playing too at one point.

Why won't consider the possibility JQ lack commanders thus pugs not rallying up to keep PPT up, even if just PPKing?

Also, WvW chat is much more peaceful after those SOR people transfer away. Food for thought.

So is that because all the trolls were on SoR and they were making fun of their own server, or the trolls no longer had anyone to be their whipping boy so they finally shut up?.

Maybe JQ lost some pug commanders, just like every other server over time, but it gets worse when the guild commanders don't rally as much either which leads to more pugs being driven away. So yeah, again, who wants to move to a server/link like that right now? Most players would probably take their chances at t2 servers instead.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

If being cheap is the proposition, then, it don't make sense. The server has a risk of becoming a high pop server due to influx of players therefore becoming more expensive. Furthermore, if a wider pool of players is another requirement, then, does SBI has much populations to recruit from? Not to forget, having to compete over recruitment against the many combined number of guilds from both host and guest server. Also, even if the server at the end of the day did not become a high pop server and also didn't become a host server, it would means that the server would likely be the highest pop guest server which means that it is very likely that it would link with High or Medium server on next relink.

I dont think a guild really cares one way or another how a link servers population shifts. We have had linking for 2 years now I dont think we have had any link become a host. Link servers offer a great opportunity for guilds for a variety of reasons and yes cost is a good reason. It is simply cheaper to move a guild to a link, and there is likely little reason to care about trying to put down roots in a new server with restructuring coming so they are just playing for fun. It is also a good way to recruit from open servers, and since links are reshuffled every 2 months it gives guilds an even greater pool to recruit from rather then being stuck on one server.

@XenesisII.1540 said:So is that because all the trolls were on SoR and they were making fun of their own server, or the trolls no longer had anyone to be their whipping boy so they finally shut up?.

Maybe JQ lost some pug commanders, just like every other server over time, but it gets worse when the guild commanders don't rally as much either which leads to more pugs being driven away. So yeah, again, who wants to move to a server/link like that right now? Most players would probably take their chances at t2 servers instead.

Or because sor is the one started it and victimizing ownself?

Wouldn't that be the commander issue and not the pug issue? If the commander run regularly as a guild that desire to recruit people should, I don't see why the pugs won't gather up in numbers over the days. Afterall, pugs are not omnipotent, they won't know on what day you run or not run.

@X T D.6458 said:

I dont think a guild really cares one way or another how a link servers population shifts. We have had linking for 2 years now I dont think we have had any link become a host. Link servers offer a great opportunity for guilds for a variety of reasons and yes cost is a good reason. It is simply cheaper to move a guild to a link, and there is likely little reason to care about trying to put down roots in a new server with restructuring coming so they are just playing for fun. It is also a good way to recruit from open servers, and since links are reshuffled every 2 months it gives guilds an even greater pool to recruit from rather then being stuck on one server.

Erm. I don't think history is a good correlation on the chances of guest server becoming a host. Afterall, a host server is a host server because of its size. Unless, anet hard coded it but base on the past description, it shouldn't be hard coded thus any server should be able to become host. I mean like KN got like 8 guilds? I think that is more than the number of guilds that DB have and maybe about same number as HOD. KN is really in a position to replace one of the host server.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Or because sor is the one started it and victimizing ownself?

Ok so you're going with they troll themselves then, something they didn't bother to do for all those years after their fall, but it comes out when they get linked with HoD.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Wouldn't that be the commander issue and not the pug issue? If the commander run regularly as a guild that desire to recruit people should, I don't see why the pugs won't gather up in numbers over the days. Afterall, pugs are not omnipotent, they won't know on what day you run or not run.

What exactly is your argument? I said their guilds went on strike so they would have less commanders running around, that's on top of them not having enough pug commanders which every server suffers from, their pugs in turn would leave. I can't state it any simpler than that.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Or because sor is the one started it and victimizing ownself?

Ok so you're going with they troll themselves then, something they didn't bother to do for all those years after their fall, but it comes out when they get linked with HoD.

Self victimization or vicitim playing, if that isn't clear to you. Social image is very important to certain people, even if is pseudonymous name. If you do not know what those means, google.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Wouldn't that be the commander issue and not the pug issue? If the commander run regularly as a guild that desire to recruit people should, I don't see why the pugs won't gather up in numbers over the days. Afterall, pugs are not omnipotent, they won't know on what day you run or not run.

What exactly is your argument? I said their guilds went on strike so they would have less commanders running around, that's on top of them not having enough pug commanders which every server suffers from, their pugs in turn would leave. I can't state it any simpler than that.

If you look back the conversations. I asked why not and listed out many reasons. Obviously, you ignored the listed reasons and asked "why would" which already answered. Thus, I end up repeating the same reasons. However, if think those aren't valid reasons, just say so but please, make it logical.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Self victimization or vicitim playing, if that isn't clear to you. Social image is very important to certain people, even if is pseudonymous name. If you do not know what those means, google.

Don't see a reason for SoR to do that. I know you want to protect your server repuation, so whatever.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:If you look back the conversations. I asked why not and listed out many reasons. Obviously, you ignored the listed reasons and asked "why would" which already answered. Thus, I end up repeating the same reasons. However, if think those aren't valid reasons, just say so but please, make it logical.

You said why not consider they have a lack of commanders.I said they had a lack of guild participation which is a lack of guild commanders, both ways will demoralize pugs to leave.So what else are you looking for here?It's well known that JQ has had guilds on strike back in nov/dec, to try and open the server to get more recruits which you say they are so full of, you obviously missed that memo.This my last post on this, you're obviously just looking to argue over nothing, you misinterpreted from my very first post.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Self victimization or vicitim playing, if that isn't clear to you. Social image is very important to certain people, even if is pseudonymous name. If you do not know what those means, google.

Don't see a reason for SoR to do that. I know you want to protect your server repuation, so whatever.

Lol. Who would admit they are the one started the fight? The fact still didn't change, wvw chat is much more peaceful after these SOR people are gone.

You can claim no people feed the troll but that don't make logical sense because even if there is no one feeding, it wouldn't be at such level of peacefulness. Or you can just accept that the one started the (vocal) fights are gone and HOD people are just feeding their trolling.

And if you think that reputation means anything to me, sorry, it doesn't. I am part of the first group of people that have been saying to burn down all servers years ago to fix the imbalance while many others are hammered over their nonsensical server pride. One thing I dislike however, is how people spread fuds about things.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:If you look back the conversations. I asked why not and listed out many reasons. Obviously, you ignored the listed reasons and asked "why would" which already answered. Thus, I end up repeating the same reasons. However, if think those aren't valid reasons, just say so but please, make it logical.

You said why not consider they have a lack of commanders.I said they had a lack of guild participation which is a lack of guild commanders, both ways will demoralize pugs to leave.So what else are you looking for here?It's well known that JQ has had guilds on strike back in nov/dec, to try and open the server to get more recruits which you say they are so full of, you obviously missed that memo.This my last post on this, you're obviously just looking to argue over nothing, you misinterpreted from my very first post.

And I said the lack of commanders is a positive thing for guilds (on their link) seeking to recruit. Are we not still on the topic on why people would transfer to their link? Or did you switch the topic halfway through?

Archived