Undergarment Customization

Undergarment customization would be amazing.

My reasoning is primarily that I really do not like the way that the female Asura undergarment looks any time I put on a pair of diving goggles. I'd be satisfied with the ability to dye them, I mean I can see a market for bathing suits, but its a meh thing for me (more options would be nice, but I'm not picky there).

How difficult would at least be implementing the ability to dye undergarments? Is that something we can get?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be interesting to have some swimsuit like outfits, it doesn't necessarily mean a sexy bikini, they could have some fun with it. It is probably possible to put together some sort of swimsuit looking transmog but without swap able gear sets it's not really a practical plan for anyone who just wants to rp some beach time.

@Lizdeath.5143 said:Where are those? townclothes?Npc outfits.

The main reason is how armor mixes and matches. Underwear is just not designed for this. Look at the vigil medium pants. It looks very different outside of the set then it looks with the set. This one is ok, but as you can loose any set for your underwear ( due to how armor get damaged) you need some optimilisation. The current underwear is optimized for all sets (and losing parts of it).

I do think it would be good and cool to see something like the old town clothes return. Or more an option to toggle outfit and armor when you enter combat. There can be some outfits that require this toggle and some of these sets should fit this category perfectly,

@Ardid.7203 said:

@artemis.6781 said:But then people would complain that they can't use the dyes they have available and that the selection offered is too limiting.

People will complain anyway. But some requests are reasonable and constructive, while others are just whining.

Pretty much this. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of some people. Gotta learn to ignore them. That said, I originally questioned the reason for this, but I get why it would be an improvement now. And why not? Anything that improves the game is welcomed. ☺

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

The main reason is how armor mixes and matches. Underwear is just not designed for this. Look at the vigil medium pants. It looks very different outside of the set then it looks with the set. This one is ok, but as you can loose any set for your underwear ( due to how armor get damaged) you need some optimilisation. The current underwear is optimized for all sets (and losing parts of it).

I do think it would be good and cool to see something like the old town clothes return. Or more an option to toggle outfit and armor when you enter combat. There can be some outfits that require this toggle and some of these sets should fit this category perfectly,

I didn't knew damaged armor pieces disappeared. Is this true? If it is, maybe they can remove that instead of the ability to use swimwear...

Vindictus lets you pay for this. Probably when Anet starts to have less ideas with mount skins, they could start thinking about this new way to introduce new skins.Personally I don't care, as long as Lion's Arch won't became a beach for naked people. Well, it is a kind of beach after all. Hmm :/

I spoke with Chelsea one evening after running into her in Shaemoor, and asked about players getting the beachwear Kasmeer wore in Southsun. I was told something along the line that that it might be doable as a tonic, but being able to fight in a swimsuit wasn't likely to get approved. I'd welcome beachwear, but it's not a priority (even if they'd sell thousands of them).

@Ardid.7203 said:

I didn't knew damaged armor pieces disappeared. Is this true? If it is, maybe they can remove that instead of the ability to use swimwear...

Broken (red shield on them in the Hero panel) armour pieces disappear. Damaged (orange shield) pieces still work and are still visible.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. IMO this feature seems interesting... but rather useless. I don't think many people would allow armor to reach the broken state, and making the item dissapear isn't needed either. Do broken pieces disappear on outfits? I highly doubt it.

So, please remove broken armor disappearing, allow for more undergarment and/or swimwear alternatives.

Archived