Most suitable class fo WvW.

Hello friends! I am a beginner who has been playing gw2 for almost 2.5 months. And I am exploring the game step by step. Lately I found myself in WvW battles which I enjoyed a lot. But I think my character's (Power build Ranger) items are not enough to stand against the foe because I literally get destroyed. Maybe it is because I am a beginner, I dont know. I was planning to craft ascended armor for myself but previous time a squad leader in WvW told me that rangers are not good in WvW because they dont provide anything for the squad and he told me to go for a revenant, warrior and etc. So I created a revenant character. But since I also want to craft ascended armor set I would like to have your valuable opinions about which hero is the best for WvW for a player like me so I can craft my ascended set for that character. I already have my leatherwork and huntsman full on my character so crafting should not be a problem I guess.

Are you looking for a zerg build or a roaming build? Different classes are better for different things. Ranger is just fine for roaming, and is still usable in zergs, but you do need to be careful with reflects, and be aware that you aren't bringing a great deal of utility, boons, or huge AoE damage to the squad.

A good hammer rev can be very valuable for squad play, with powerful boons and large damage spike output. However, it's not great for roaming, as it is vulnerable to being condi bombed, and has limited mobility. It's a class that's easy to be at least somewhat useful on, but hard to be really good at.

If you're looking for something newbie-friendly that's useful in zergs, and does decently for roaming, scourge is hard to beat, though I don't like to encourage more people to jump on that particular bandwagon.

@"Hemhemty.2481" said:Hello friends! I am a beginner who has been playing gw2 for almost 2.5 months. And I am exploring the game step by step. Lately I found myself in WvW battles which I enjoyed a lot. But I think my character's (Power build Ranger) items are not enough to stand against the foe because I literally get destroyed. Maybe it is because I am a beginner, I dont know. I was planning to craft ascended armor for myself but previous time a squad leader in WvW told me that rangers are not good in WvW because they dont provide anything for the squad and he told me to go for a revenant, warrior and etc. So I created a revenant character. But since I also want to craft ascended armor set I would like to have your valuable opinions about which hero is the best for WvW for a player like me so I can craft my ascended set for that character. I already have my leatherwork and huntsman full on my character so crafting should not be a problem I guess.

The most broken, faceroll easy class in WvW right now is scourge. I just got into WvW as well. But my PvE main had a STEEP WvW learning-curve. So I rolled a scourge with this build and started going through entire reward tracks in one night.

-Extremely survivable.-Wicked damage.-Valued by groups.-Couldn't be more braindead to play.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Celestial_Scourge

The 3 leather classes are generally not considered very good for large zergs in WvW, though they do have a strong place in solo roaming or small group WvW.

All 3 heavy armor classes do have a strong place in a zerg. You could make a set of heavy berserker or marauder armor that you could use for both a Revenant or Warrior. (You can switch ascended between characters as it is account bound and not soul bound). For Guardian you would want a support set of stats though rather than the offensive stats.

The 3 light classes also have a place in a zerg. With the exception of Scourge though, they are not quite as in demand as the heavies. Scourge is almost an abomination where you can't seem to ever have too many, and they are probably the easiest class to be effective with right off the bat. The 3 would generally use different stats so sharing armor would not be as good an option.

Best Large-Fight classes at the moment;Firebrand(Guardian)

• Provides hella lot of boons and heals.

Scourge(Necromancer)

• Corrupts a lot of boons, has a lot of damage, has a lot of survivability etc.

Herald(Revenant)

• Hammer Revenant, spams a lot of boons and does a duckton of damage.

Spellbreaker(Warrior)

• Used with Hammer to provide a lot of CC and used with Winds of Disenchantment (Spellbreaker elite skill)

Tempest or Weaver(Elementalist)

• Not really great, but has a duckton of damage when using Staff.

Best Small-Fight classes at the moment;Mirage or Chronomancer(Mesmer)

• Mirage is evasive and does lots of damage. Can duel for ages and can kite for ages.
  • Chronomancer is tanky, has a lot of boons, can tank-duel-kite for ages. Spawns illusions like crazy.

Daredevil or Core Thief(Thief)

• Lots of active defenses and evades, lots of damage and interrupts. Godlike mobility.

Ranger

• All Ranger specs can be used while roaming or in smallscale fights. They provide boons, utility and CC.

Holosmith(Engineer)

• Sadly Holosmith is the only viable roaming spec for Engineer. Has lots of damage, boons, survivability and tankiness.

Spellbreaker or Core Warrior(Warrior)

• Easy to play, definitely recommended. Lots of survivability, dodges(when using the Core Warrior variant), damage and tankiness.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:The 3 leather classes are generally not considered very good for large zergs in WvW, though they do have a strong place in solo roaming or small group WvW.

All 3 heavy armor classes do have a strong place in a zerg. You could make a set of heavy berserker or marauder armor that you could use for both a Revenant or Warrior. (You can switch ascended between characters as it is account bound and not soul bound). For Guardian you would want a support set of stats though rather than the offensive stats.

The 3 light classes also have a place in a zerg. With the exception of Scourge though, they are not quite as in demand as the heavies. Scourge is almost an abomination where you can't seem to ever have too many, and they are probably the easiest class to be effective with right off the bat. The 3 would generally use different stats so sharing armor would not be as good an option.

I did not know that you could switch the ascended set between the characters! It is awesome man, thank you for the information. That changes a lot for me because I already have a 80 lvl warrior so I can use them for both of them with berserker stats. I appreciate it thanks a lot!

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Tempest or Weaver(Elementalist)

• Not really great, but has a duckton of damage when using Staff.

Weaver is a damage dealer, Tempest is a healer (not as good healer as fb). Staff Weaver can do best dps on zerg enemy, for small pugs use different weaver (not remember exactly, check metabuilds wiki). People say that Weaver is hard to play, but I disagree.

Archived