Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Win/Loss Ratio and rank.


Faffin.6741
 Share

Recommended Posts

How is it that people with far worse win/loss ratio than me are ranked much higher? I realise it's possible in theory, but it seems very unlikely in practice, as the ratio should tend to even out over time as they get harder games. It makes me wonder if somehow they are being carried, or that the initial ranking games somehow lock you into a tier, and once you are there, it's hard to get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, you have 2 possibilities :

  • You started the season at 1200, they started at 1500. If you have a 60% ratio, and the other 40%, you should " in theory " both we placed at same rank.
  • Initial games have a too big impact. Placement games and next 10 games are worth 25-30 points, so if you experience big luck or severe unluck, this will have an impact on your ratio + rank
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because your Rating isn’t solely or greatly based on Win/Loss Ratio, it is more reflective of who you won/lost to based on your Rating vs the average rating of your opposing teams, yes having a better w/l Ratio means you can advance through the divisions but doesn’t mean you will have a high rating, this isn’t S1-S4 where grinding out Matches means much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...