New Mounts Exo-Suit Mounts

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"DarthFurby.3970" said:This is now the second mount pack set at this price point, the blood stone being the first, or what I believe to be the first.

I will agree it is quite enticing to have an entire set of mount skins at that price, especially given the unique look.

All the five-pack sets priced originally at 1600.

Ah, my bad then. Thought they were actually priced at 2000 originally then dropped to 1600. Didn't realize that's just what they go for and the sale is somewhat an illusion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DarthFurby.3970 said:

@DarthFurby.3970 said:This is now the second mount pack set at this price point, the blood stone being the first, or what I believe to be the first.

I will agree it is quite enticing to have an entire set of mount skins at that price, especially given the unique look.

All the five-pack sets priced originally at 1600.

Ah, my bad then. Thought they were actually priced at 2000 originally then dropped to 1600. Didn't realize that's just what they go for and the sale is somewhat an illusion.

The retail price of the packs is 2000 gems each. The introductory price was 1600. Meaning: unlike other items, ANet released with a sale price first and intends to charge full price when the item returns to the gem shop.

So no, they don't "just go for 1600;" that was only the introductory price.

For example, Cozy's history:

• 1600 gems: introductory price12 Dec – 1 Jan
  • 2000 gems: retail price 2 Jan8 Jan

So Cozy cost 1600 during Wintersday and went up to retail price when the festival ended.

Great designs, yet a little bit disappointment. The Exo-Suit glider has an amazing track effect when gliding, I am just sad to find out that NONE of these Exo-Suit mounts has that kind of movement effect. However, consider this is a "1600 Gem for 5 Mounts" pack, it is kinda reasonable. It seems only those 2000 Gems mounts or the ones you get from the "lottery" will have special movement effect or model.

Anyway, thank you for releasing these good-looking Exo-Suit mounts (big fan of this series) Anet, but you could have done better.

Great designs, yet a little bit disappointment. The Exo-Suit glider has an amazing track effect when gliding, I am just sad to find out that NONE of these Exo-Suit mounts has that kind of movement effect. However, consider this is a "1600 Gems for 5 Mounts" pack, it is kinda reasonable. It seems only those 2000 Gems mounts or the ones you get from the "lottery" will have special movement effect or model.

Anyway, thank you for releasing these good-looking Exo-Suit mounts (big fan of this series) Anet, although you could have make them even better. :)

@"Curunen.8729" said:5 separate players each riding a different mount - in addition would need to have seats for 5 players in this "supermegabattlemount". And a huge sword to wield. Then we could go one on one with world bosses. xD

Oh dear, this made me think of something. I used to live near Oxford (England) and my daily commute took me past the small town / large village of Crowmarsh Gifford. Every day I passed a sign telling me to take ===> that turn to go to

CrowmarshBattle Barns

So far, so good, except that my brain was unable to interpret that as "Crowmarsh-Battle Barns", i.e. the barns where the Battle of Crowmarsh happened.

No, I persisted in reading it as "Crowmarsh Battle-Barns", and I was left totally mystified as to what on Earth a "Battle Barn" might be.

am just gonna say all these skins are making my e-wallet and irl-wallet broke... (which is a good thing)... it's feeding my collector OCD... i wanna collect more mounts!!! gotta catch 'em all! reminds me of when i was 8 and spending $30 on pokemon card packs....

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@kurfu.5623 said:ANET... this is how you get my money.

Ugh... if you like sci-fi that much, why don't you go play a sci-fi themed MMO instead? Has no place in GW2, IMO. Terrible stuff.

You must be unfamiliar with asuran magitech, it's part of the world and game. If you dislike it so much then why don't you go play a low tech, high magic MMO instead?

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"kurfu.5623" said:ANET... this is how you get my money.

Ugh... if you like sci-fi that much, why don't you go play a sci-fi themed MMO instead? Has no place in GW2, IMO. Terrible stuff.

You must be unfamiliar with asuran magitech, it's part of the world and game. If you dislike it so much then why don't you go play a low tech, high magic MMO instead?

Yep. Holographic magitech has been in the game since the launch of GW2 at least. I'm unclear on the chronology in lore - I don't think the asura had holograms in GW1, but they may have known how to make them and just didn't bring any to the surface with them.

Solid-light holograms are very new. I think they were invented by Elli and Zott during the timeline of the Personal Story (not seen in the story itself, but it was happening at the time). Since they were part of the Pact at the time the tech was adopted by the Pact and further modified, then stolen by the Aetherblades and Scarlet who modified it further, and then of course 're-appropriated' by the Pact and others like Taimi who were studying Scarlet's work. So it's only about 6 years old at most, but still very much part of the lore.

When the airships were introduced in the personal story some characters mentioned that the truce between humans and charr and later the formation of the Pact allowed human, charr and asuran inventors to work together in ways they hadn't before (with some norn and sylvari too), and as a result Tyria is going through it's own industrial revolution, but with more magic and less smoke.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@kurfu.5623 said:ANET... this is how you get my money.

Gw2 has had tech based items since launch. One of the themes of the PS was about the progression of technology in the world. It started to come into play in eotn when the asura first appeared.

It is also well based in the lore since we have seen with the forgotten/exalted.

So magitech and “science fantasy” is very much a part of gw2 and the franchise itself. I think it works well

I love these skins and they are perfectly integrated in this game as the exo-suit outfit too. We have technologies and magics in this world, not futuristic at all it makes sense!

I wouldn't say that 5 years ago, but due to the increase of gems value, I'm kinda reticent to buy these packs, I have nothing against 800 gems items, but that is my maximum. And this maximum will continue to decrease if gems value are still inflating. I feel sad that they are no more available free basics skins for gliders and mounts, nothing really amazing or flashy just something to change the routine.

So please apart this pack make them separately available too! I'm only interested by the jackal.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not a fan of any of them, but I know it's something a lot of people asked for (alongside requests for true robotic mounts) so I'm glad Anet have added them.

I'm one of the ones waiting for true robotic/holographic mounts. These ones are cool, but not enough for my Engie.

I'd love to see racial mounts make it into the game with their own skills. You could make them achievable by any race with a rep grind.

Would love for them to have their own unique skills, ie, Asura golem mount with a golem attack, a sylvari fern hound, etc.

I mulled it over for a while and decided to get the pack. I'm glad I did. While I won't use all of them on all of my alts, individual ones fit well into several alts. The two touches I like the most that aren't obvious from previewing are that they make an appropriate sound when summoned/dismissed, a sort of holo-power-up-surge sound, and that the jackal's sandburst on teleport is dyeable. I have not narrowed down exactly which channel affects it but it's awesome having my blue themed jackal leave a blue cloud.

Archived