Cannot create Gift of Fangs

This is my first attempt at creating a legendary item so I am missing something. I bought the recipe and consumed it. I tried to put all 4 fang types in the forge. When I put Vicious fangs in one of the forge slots, some of the lesser fangs are greyed out. I can still put the greyed out fangs in the other slots but the forge button is greyed out and won't work. Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, vampirelazarus.9403 said:

Gift of Fangs isn't made in the mystic forge, its crafted under one of the crafting professions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Fangs

Hope that helps!

Old post but still helpful, thanks!  Seems like the crafting chain is pointlessly convoluted lol  But I guess timesink is the whole point to shiny legendaries 🙂

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

Old post but still helpful, thanks!  Seems like the crafting chain is pointlessly convoluted lol  But I guess timesink is the whole point to shiny legendaries 🙂

Legendary weapons especially, with so many components, I always start by going to the links for the specific legendary item. Then drill down to the Full material list table. Usually will tell you how to acquire. Or follow the links to the page for more infos on acquisitions.

34 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Legendary weapons especially, with so many components, I always start by going to the links for the specific legendary item. Then drill down to the Full material list table. Usually will tell you how to acquire. Or follow the links to the page for more infos on acquisitions.

Actually Guild Wars 2 Efficiency has been the real MVP for me when it comes to crafting (among many other things).  I am so glad that website exists.