Fractal/open world Legendary armor

Kinda got into this discussion on a different thread and it didn’t seem to fit. What are you guys thoughts on a Fractal or open world Legendary armor that has the stat swap but a different armor skin.

I remember seeing a post last year of a player designing a set of Fractal armor that looks amazing and fits well with Ad Infintium.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck convincing the devs to make new legendary armor. It must have been an ordeal that barely made it last time. But a fractal themed armor (without complex animations) with legendary properties that needs both fractal and open world stuff would be awesome.

Sounds like a fine idea. I'd prefer to have it tied to fractals mostly (fractal armor is needed anyway), in contrast to a (pure) open world armor. But that's just me.

Given what they've done with PvP/PvD legy armor, I also don't think it would be such a massive task compared to the raid armor. Yes, they'll have to design a new set, but it does not need to have the animation overkill envoy armor has. I guess that's something they've learned from the envoy experience.

That the recipes for the armor already have a standard as well you would need a way to make the precursor and then the pieces for dedication. Piece for gift of prosperity. The items for dedication and then a single ingredient for prowess.

@Turin.6921 said:Good luck convincing the devs to make new legendary armor. It must have been an ordeal that barely made it last time. But a fractal themed armor (without complex animations) with legendary properties that needs both fractal and open world stuff would be awesome.

Its really awkward though... I mean they spent almost 2 years coming up with concepts and systems to implement that, and when they finally nailed the method of how to make it work, they stopped... I mean it wouldn't be like the had to repeat the whole process again, they did it once shouldn't be too hard to repeat it now that they know how they first succeeded.It's really odd that decision, but then again, that's also nothing new with Arena Net, logic sometimes goes out the window...

Also, i'd rather have an armor that instead of going all transformers on me, just gave out an aura or something, i mean most legendary weapons and backs don't transform when you draw them and stow.But what they did with WvW and PvP armors was just lazy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:Heres an idea: anet could theme the precursor around fractal weapons, and the legendary around golden.

So have the armor when in resting state look like the original fractal weapons and then turn golden when in combat like the golden weapon set?

That would be amazing.

No, sephylon was suggesting the pre would be blue and the legen golden. But I also like your idea. And I think if PvE got another legen it should be fractal related, open world is just too big and, don't forget, if it was about open world it would have to either be only around core game or be around expansions as well and exclude core owners. But a fractal legen would be very nice -fracs aren't exactly easy, require a minimum effort for gearing and playing and learning mechanics plus they'd have a specific theme to design the skins around.

@nia.4725 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:Heres an idea: anet could theme the precursor around fractal weapons, and the legendary around golden.

So have the armor when in resting state look like the original fractal weapons and then turn golden when in combat like the golden weapon set?

That would be amazing.

No, sephylon was suggesting the pre would be blue and the legen golden. But I also like your idea. And I think if PvE got another legen it should be fractal related, open world is just too big and, don't forget, if it was about open world it would have to either be only around core game or be around expansions as well and exclude core owners. But a fractal legen would be very nice -fracs aren't exactly easy, require a minimum effort for gearing and playing and learning mechanics plus they'd have a specific theme to design the skins around.

Even if the first couple of the pre sets were blue that would neat as well. I do like the golden glowing in combat though.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

That would be amazing.

Even if the first couple of the pre sets were blue that would neat as well. I do like the golden glowing in combat though.

But then the armor wouldn't be dyeable... Or would it be? How would you manage that?

@Tyson.5160 said:

That would be amazing.

But it wont happen.

They're not going to make the same mistake of moving parts armors again, so having two states idle and active wont happen.

yeah, I was suggesting what nia's saying, but I like your idea too. As for dyes, I was thinking about that too, maybe we could have the glow or certain pieces would stay golden? Or, going off with Tyson's suggestion, have 2 seperate dye channels, 1 for ooc colours, and 1 for in combat colours, though that may be too complicated =/

@Tyson.5160 said:Kinda got into this discussion on a different thread and it didn’t seem to fit. What are you guys thoughts on a Fractal or open world Legendary armor that has the stat swap but a different armor skin.

I remember seeing a post last year of a player designing a set of Fractal armor that looks amazing and fits well with Ad Infintium.

Do we have a link to that armour?? If not too much hassle to find it that is. I hv missed it.

@TexZero.7910 said:

That would be amazing.

But it wont happen.

They're not going to make the same mistake of moving parts armors again, so having two states idle and active wont happen.

I wouldn’t necessary want it being as drastic as Envoy armor, but a cool glow would work. Maybe the colour on the armor would lighten to a glow of that colour.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Kinda got into this discussion on a different thread and it didn’t seem to fit. What are you guys thoughts on a Fractal or open world Legendary armor that has the stat swap but a different armor skin.

Do we have a link to that armour?? If not too much hassle to find it that is. I hv missed it.

Let me try to find it.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:Kinda got into this discussion on a different thread and it didn’t seem to fit. What are you guys thoughts on a Fractal or open world Legendary armor that has the stat swap but a different armor skin.

Heavy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5kct9r/fractal_armor_concept_heavy/

Medium

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5jdilm/fractal_armor_concept_medium/

Light

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5jwlpq/fractal_armor_concept_light/>

@Tyson.5160 said:

Heavy

Medium

Light

>

Oh wahhh... Its nice xDThanks for linking

Archived